MD - Man Accuses Maryland Dr. Of Stapling His Buttocks Shut

White Rain

Reaction score
Arguments began Monday in a federal lawsuit alleging that a Maryland doctor stapled a man's rectum shut during an operation, rendering him unable to move his bowels for 17 days, the Baltimore Examiner reported.
Ronald Watkins, 64, of West Virginia, has accused Dr. Manuel Casiano, a doctor in Frederick County, Maryland for botching a September 2004 surgery that left him with permanent bowel problems, according to the report.
But an attorney representing Casiano told jurors the doctor did not staple Watkins' buttocks shut.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427943,00.html

Ok. I can get the stapleing of his buttocks as a procedure that went wrong and that he has a condition that natually caused this to happen. What I don't get is where does smoking come into the picture? Unless he was using another oriface to inhale. Sorry it's just what come to mind after reading the article. :)

Funny Face

Smoking causes veins and arteries to contract, thus slowing blood flow to aid in healing. Not to mention it's full of chemicals.

Wow, that news story could have left a little more to the imagination!

I thought maybe the patient had to have multiple objects removed from his rectum - making the stapling necessary - to prevent further foreign body insertion (esp if the surgeon missed his T time to remove a ping pong ball - don't ask).

Wow, that news story could have left a little more to the imagination!

I thought maybe the patient had to have multiple objects removed from his rectum - making the stapling necessary - to prevent further foreign body insertion (esp if the surgeon missed his T time to remove a ping pong ball - don't ask).

Is there a story you need to share that is untold here??? Cause either you have a vivid imagination, or you need to cleanse your soul...:cool:

Is there a story you need to share that is untold here??? Cause either you have a vivid imagination, or you need to cleanse your soul...:cool:
Sadly, that little scenario actually happened - not to me! Some orifices are strictly "EXit only" lol!:silenced:

I have heard that some people claim that homosexuality can be "cured". I hope that this is not the prescription. :eek:

:silenced::silenced: I'm speechless. :silenced::silenced:

Smoking causes veins and arteries to contract, thus slowing blood flow to aid in healing. Not to mention it's full of chemicals.

Thanks for your clinical medical response and yes you're correct.

I guess I was in a goofy, mood when I posted.

Happy trails,
Funny Face

I'm just wondering how you go 17 days and no ahem... bowl movement!

Sadly, that little scenario actually happened - not to me! Some orifices are strictly "EXit only" lol!:silenced:
amen! I have worked ER (I am a nurse) and let me tell you.....there are some stories I have that would curl your toes about putting things in holes where things should not go! One doc I work with would wexscide them and put them on a shelf in his office. One was a SNOWGLOBE! Complete with reindeer and sparkly snow. As for the doc stapling the rectum shut...that is a bunch of hooha in my opinion. We didn't even hear what surgery the man had to begin with.....where a staple would have ended up in his poop chute. I just don't buy it.

amen! I have worked ER (I am a nurse) and let me tell you.....there are some stories I have that would curl your toes about putting things in holes where things should not go! One doc I work with would wexscide them and put them on a shelf in his office. One was a SNOWGLOBE! Complete with reindeer and sparkly snow. As for the doc stapling the rectum shut...that is a bunch of hooha in my opinion. We didn't even hear what surgery the man had to begin with.....where a staple would have ended up in his poop chute. I just don't buy it.
I cannot imagine looking at, say a 4 inch diameter candle and sayin "yyeeaahh, baby you're mine tonight" LOL :eek:
One of our surgeons also returns all retrieved items to the patient - nice.
But the frequent fliers are pretty original with the items they **ahem** insert. I've never seen the same object twice.

I cannot imagine looking at, say a 4 inch diameter candle and sayin "yyeeaahh, baby you're mine tonight" LOL :eek:
One of our surgeons also returns all retrieved items to the patient - nice.
But the frequent fliers are pretty original with the items they **ahem** insert. I've never seen the same object twice.
LOL! Neither have I (except for one repeat offender that inserts large amounts of coins! With him we take bets on how much we will pull out!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back