741 users online (120 members and 621 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FREE Search Sites-Post/Discuss-Good/Bad

Post here places you have found while sleuthing that are free and give good info, addresses, bday, SS #, ect, ect.

http://www.bugmenot.com/
    Free Bypass for Newspaper Registration

Does Intelius work for you guys? I've been able to find very limited info from them, then just when it looks like they have what you are looking for, you have to pay? Or am I doing something wrong? You guys are much better at this than I.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Try this one:

http://www.zabasearch.com/

It sometimes gives name, address, phone number and birthdate for free. It you want more info, you have to pay. Birthdates don't always appear, but sometimes they do.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

A friend of mine is dating a guy that she knows very little about. I suggested that she look him up. I have a feeling that he is married. Does anyone know how to see marriage license online? Thanks.

I am not real familiar with other states, but in Oklahoma you can to to OSCN (Oklahoma Supreme Court Network. Go to Search Dockets, chose all or a specific county, go down aways and put in last name, first name, then hit Search at the bottom. It shows marriage licenses, divorce, traffic tickets, court cases of all kinds. If the county is not listed, go to, I think it is Non-OCIS Counties and do your search there. I know on traffic tickets if the name is in blue you can hit on that and get more information on the person, i.e. address, age, description.

Also for prison records we can go to Oklahoma Corrections Department and search there. Gives all types of information.

Might check your state and see if they have this service.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    He could have been married anywhere, not just in the state where he lives, so one would need to really check around. If she's desperate enough, it might be worth it to pay one of those background check agencies to do a search.

If he got married in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, their records are online. So are marriage records for St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana.

It's difficult to check recent marriage records than those of 40 to 5o years ago because many states protect the privacy for a certain amount of time.

You might want to search newspapers to see if there was an engagement/wedding/birth announcement in recent years. Many public libraries have access, albeit, not to very many newspapers around the country (you'll need a library card).
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Research Tools

easyWhois
    Look up domain names and IPs

McAfee Site Advisor
    Reports on websites.

ZabaSearch
    Free People Search and Public Information Search Engine

Way Back Machine
    Internet Archive

White Pages
    Name/address lookups including reverse lookups.

Google Searches:

Secretary of State (add state needed)
    Business searches - find out what kind of business, how long in business, lots of information. A lot of business use Delaware to incorporate, a good place to look.

Property Valuation (add county needed) AKA - PVA
    Make sure you get to the actual county site and not a pay for information site.
    You can find out who owns property. Tax valuation amount. Some county's have pictures and other information.

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    Does Intelius work for you guys? I've been able to find very limited info from them, then just when it looks like they have what you are looking for, you have to pay? Or am I doing something wrong? You guys are much better at this than I.
    I actually like Intelius. Unlike those sites that make you buy a subscription only to find out that they have none of the info you need, Intelius allows you to do a preliminary search, then pay for the specific information desired. Its takes some getting used to, I will admit.

I really like the property information search feature. I've found it comes in handy when researching the history of a certain address or neighborhood.

Good Site.

This is a very good site to check criminal records and sex offenders in any state:

http://www.criminalsearches.com/

I prefer Anywho for reverse phone searches.

http://www.anywho.com

And Polk City Directories is another favorite. Used mostly by marketing professionals, you can enter an address and find who lives there, and the names, address, and phone numbers of surrounding neighbors, plus property values, and sometimes the household income and/or profession. They offer a free trial (without having to enter a credit card!), but after your trial is over you have to have a paid subscription.

http://www.citydirectory.com
    No female, no matter how drunk, drugged, or provocatively dressed they may be, deserves to be ogled, harrassed, raped, or murdered. So stop the ignorant insinuations.

Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
    Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
    Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
    Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
    ~Pamela Glenconner~

Ancestry.com free year book search until Oct 30

Hi
    Found this thought it might help us out. It is supposed to be free until Oct. 30, 2008.

You might find Grandpa in gym shorts. Grandma referred to as Giggles. Maybe even your own high–school
    friends frozen in time. Ancestry.com Yearbook Collection can add an entirely new dimension to your family
    story. And we’ve just doubled it for a total of 6 million searchable names spanning 1900 to 2005.
    See all the fun for FREE through October 30, 2008. Start searching below.

http://landing.ancestry.com/yearbook...78&o_lid=37278

Ladyhawk

Kentucky has a vital records index that was assembled by U of K. I have used it often in genealogy but I can see that it may have merit in sleuthing...possibly.

http://ukcc.uky.edu/vitalrec/

You can access the following records:
    1. KENTUCKY DEATH INDEX FOR 1911-1986
    2. KENTUCKY DEATH INDEX FOR 1987-1992
    3. KENTUCKY MARRIAGE INDEX FOR 1973-1993
    4. KENTUCKY DIVORCE INDEX FOR 1973-1993

A search of the death indexes brings up the death certificate number for order.

The marriage search can bring up a maiden name for a female. Give you a history of marriages.

The divorce search can tell you when, where the divorce was obtained.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast