Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The latest one that's actually a little bit alarming is spokeo.com

You would be wise to type in your name and have your profile removed via the "privacy" link at the bottom right hand. It not only gives all of your public info, it gives the names of your children, your income level, credit rating, a photo of your house and more.

Scary!

Having said that, I use it...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

Could anyone help me with this?

If someone is on probation in Florida, is there a way I can look up the terms of their probation?

I am a Private Investigator in TN. You guys have a lot of the free sites covered in this thread, You would be suprised at the amount of data you can find for free. However, there are a whole lot of sites that are scams as well, so be careful. Intellius is a great tool which i use on a daily basis, as well as Zabasearch and Pipl. There is another website, its not free, but each search is only one dollar, and you can seach by Social Security number among other things.. I use it quite often, www.skipmax.com (i dont work for them and dont get any money for sending you there)
    As a P.I., i have access to a slew of databases that you have to be licensed to use. For example, IRB which in my opinion is the absolute best site to search for anything or anybody.
    Sites like IRB amaze me on a daily basis. They have current addresses, jobs, cell phone numbers, relatives, assets. You name it, they have it.
    If you have a legitimate need for certain information, i will consider the request. I am not looking to make money through this websleuths website, this is an awesome site and i am glad to help out. I will search for cost. Whatever it costs me, it costs you. My time is free, you only pay for the database searches.
    I cant offer this to everyone, i am a busy guy, but i will help out whenever i can.
    This is a legit offer, like i said, i cant help everyone but will do what i can.
    Dean House
    TN State Licensed Private Investigator

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to britteninvestigation For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by britteninvestigation View Post
    I am a Private Investigator in TN. You guys have a lot of the free sites covered in this thread, You would be suprised at the amount of data you can find for free. However, there are a whole lot of sites that are scams as well, so be careful. Intellius is a great tool which i use on a daily basis, as well as Zabasearch and Pipl. There is another website, its not free, but each search is only one dollar, and you can seach by Social Security number among other things.. I use it quite often, www.skipmax.com (i dont work for them and dont get any money for sending you there)
    As a P.I., i have access to a slew of databases that you have to be licensed to use. For example, IRB which in my opinion is the absolute best site to search for anything or anybody.
    Sites like IRB amaze me on a daily basis. They have current addresses, jobs, cell phone numbers, relatives, assets. You name it, they have it.
    If you have a legitimate need for certain information, i will consider the request. I am not looking to make money through this websleuths website, this is an awesome site and i am glad to help out. I will search for cost. Whatever it costs me, it costs you. My time is free, you only pay for the database searches.
    I cant offer this to everyone, i am a busy guy, but i will help out whenever i can.
    This is a legit offer, like i said, i cant help everyone but will do what i can.
    Welcome to WS! Since you're posting as a professional and offering your services, I think you're supposed to contact Tricia, WS owner so she can verify you. Glad to have you here and look forward to your invaluable insights.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post

You would be wise to type in your name and have your profile removed via the "privacy" link at the bottom right hand. It not only gives all of your public info, it gives the names of your children, your income level, credit rating, a photo of your house and more.

Scary!

It even gives your zodiac sign, FGS!!! It was wrong on my children, only listed one of them. Also my home value has tripled, but it is at least 4 yr old info. But extremely cool.

ETA: It lists my old high school boyfriends age as 80. Don't think so.....otherwise, accurate.
    Last edited by AbbieNormal; 07-24-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieNormal View Post
    It even gives your zodiac sign, FGS!!! It was wrong on my children, only listed one of them. Also my home value has tripled, but it is at least 4 yr old info. But extremely cool.

ETA: It lists my old high school boyfriends age as 80. Don't think so.....otherwise, accurate.

It is interesting, half the info it listed was incorrect (2 of my kids are now older than their parents LOL) but some of the info was surprising to me - I know where it came from and it was supposed to be a secure site, the info freely given for anonymous use only! Not too happy about that!
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post

Scary!

Spokeo is now a paid site...
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

http://www.peoplesearching.com/peopl...d1&source=pipl

You guys have probably already seen this, but I decided to look up myself and came across this site that has reviews of both paid and free sites. Not sure how accurate it is, but it also has some comments by people that have tried some of them. Hope this is helpful.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeavisMom62 For This Useful Post:

I also have a question that I hope someone can help with. I was recently searching for a person and my sister (a computer genius and hacker) told me about this site/service called Where, Inc. It costs, I think $3 or $3.95 a month and is charged to your phone bill. You can text them and they text you back with the info you are looking for. I noticed that she must have signed me up for it as I've seen the charge on my phone bill. But I never had a chance to ask her how to use it! I don't know what number you text to or anything. I looked them up online and they do exist, but their website doesn't give any information about how to use the service. Anyone ever heard of this or know how to use it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BeavisMom62 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    I also have a question that I hope someone can help with. I was recently searching for a person and my sister (a computer genius and hacker) told me about this site/service called Where, Inc. It costs, I think $3 or $3.95 a month and is charged to your phone bill. You can text them and they text you back with the info you are looking for. I noticed that she must have signed me up for it as I've seen the charge on my phone bill. But I never had a chance to ask her how to use it! I don't know what number you text to or anything. I looked them up online and they do exist, but their website doesn't give any information about how to use the service. Anyone ever heard of this or know how to use it?
    Where Inc doesn't do what your sister described to you.

"Where Inc. had originally tried to sell a service that would enable family members to get information about one another's location using their mobile devices; more recently, it has been focused on operating an advertising network that reaches mobile phone users, and promoting its own mobile app to help consumers find relevant businesses around them (and also potentially delivering discounts.) Doyle is the company's third CEO."

Source: Boston.com.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay to receive ads on their cellphone, when they could do a Google search for the same thing.

The original "service" was widely criticized as a tool for stalkers, which would actually endanger people.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southernbrunette View Post
    Could anyone help me with this?

If someone is on probation in Florida, is there a way I can look up the terms of their probation?
    The Florida Department of Corrections will tell you how to access the information. It should be publicly releasable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBelle View Post
    This one keeps changing and adding more features. It has the unique ability to deep web search by usernames/email in addition to name, phone number. It has found links for me that I was unable to find through other sources.

http://pipl.com/
    I just looked myself up; it has old and/or inaccurate information about me -- and could lead to someone causing trouble for an innocent person.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    Where Inc doesn't do what your sister described to you.

"Where Inc. had originally tried to sell a service that would enable family members to get information about one another's location using their mobile devices; more recently, it has been focused on operating an advertising network that reaches mobile phone users, and promoting its own mobile app to help consumers find relevant businesses around them (and also potentially delivering discounts.) Doyle is the company's third CEO."

Source: Boston.com.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay to receive ads on their cellphone, when they could do a Google search for the same thing.

The original "service" was widely criticized as a tool for stalkers, which would actually endanger people.
    Oh, great! Actually I sent my sis a message and she told me she has no idea what that even is. So obviously I was wrong about that. She DID tell me that there is some way to get info about people ie addresses, phone numbers etc and you would get a text info on your phone. But obviously this Where place isn't it. She's going to have to give me the correct information. I'm also going to have to contact my phone company and get this charge taken off of my bill!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BeavisMom62 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    Oh, great! Actually I sent my sis a message and she told me she has no idea what that even is. So obviously I was wrong about that. She DID tell me that there is some way to get info about people ie addresses, phone numbers etc and you would get a text info on your phone. But obviously this Where place isn't it. She's going to have to give me the correct information. I'm also going to have to contact my phone company and get this charge taken off of my bill!
    There are some websites that CLAIM to give you that information; however, before you trust them, look for yourself.

It's like that silly mylife.com ad "someone is looking for you - enroll and see".
    They just told you to look for yourself, so of course there's results.

I've never found a free/cheap site to be anything but full of bad info.

Lexis/Nexis and the sites that cost a lot to use, are more accurate -- although mine's got some goofs.

I think we're better off looking at "contacts" and what those contacts mean - rather than trying to delve into the private lives of people who aren't even named as POIs (....'cos that's against the TOS).

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laytonian For This Useful Post:

"against the TOS". ??? Actually I wasn't researching anything to do with WS but rather it was a personal issue. I don't really think there are TOS having to do with that. LOL. Was trying to find info about a woman that my husband was possibly having an affair with and her family, who deal drugs (to my husband who is an addict). Nada to do with WS.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeavisMom62 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast