Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More details

Quote Originally Posted by reportertype
    Just cross-referencing for those who have followed this thread.

http://www.kxlf.com/Global/story.asp?S=4765469
    Here is some of the info from the link above:

"Authorities identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance...nearly 22-years after her body was dumped near Bonner. In December 1984...the sheriff's department recovered her body, but have spent more than two decades trying to find out who she was, where she came from and how she ended up with Wayne Nance.

"DNA helped authorities finally identify one of serial killer Wayne Nance's victims. Her name is Marcella Cheri Bachmann also known as "Marci." Bachmann's brother, Derek, found his sister in a Cold Case series featured on MontanasNews Station.com.

"Marcella Cheri Bachmann was a runaway from Oregon last spotted in Vancouver Washington in early 1984. Case files suggest Bachmann hitch-hiked to the Missoula area and met Wayne Nance at the Cabin Bar in Bonner where he worked as a bouncer. Several workers there say she went by the name "Robin" and lived with Nance.
    "Weatherman: "When she was no longer around - he told people she got on a bus and left town."

"But, on Christmas Eve, 1984, hiker encountered a foot sticking out of the snow in the woods above the Milltown Dam. The victim had no name...but later authorities linked the murder to Wayne Nance, serial killer who struck the area in the 1980's. Since then, retired sheriff's captain Larry Weatherman remained committed to the case. It haunted him long after he retired...that this young victim had no name, no one to mourn her...and no proper resting place. Up until this week...her remains were kept in a county storage room.

"Marci's family wants to give credit to the Green River Task force for helping them even after they determined she wasn't a victim of Gary Ridgeway, a Seattle-area serial killer. They also want to thank Missoula County Sheriff's captain Greg Hinz for submitting Marci's DNA to a national registry. "

I couldn't find any info about Bachmann on any of the missing persons websites I visited: doenetwork, charley project, or ncmec. If her info had been posted there, I wonder how much sooner she might have been identified.

Hoppy

More details

Originally Posted by reportertype

"Authorities identified a victim of serial killer Wayne Nance...nearly 22-years after her body was dumped near Bonner. In December 1984...the sheriff's department recovered her body, but have spent more than two decades trying to find out who she was, where she came from and how she ended up with Wayne Nance.

"DNA helped authorities finally identify one of serial killer Wayne Nance's victims. Her name is Marcella Cheri Bachmann also known as "Marci." Bachmann's brother, Derek, found his sister in a Cold Case series featured on MontanasNews Station.com.

"Marcella Cheri Bachmann was a runaway from Oregon last spotted in Vancouver Washington in early 1984. Case files suggest Bachmann hitch-hiked to the Missoula area and met Wayne Nance at the Cabin Bar in Bonner where he worked as a bouncer. Several workers there say she went by the name "Robin" and lived with Nance.
    "Weatherman: "When she was no longer around - he told people she got on a bus and left town."

"But, on Christmas Eve, 1984, hiker encountered a foot sticking out of the snow in the woods above the Milltown Dam. The victim had no name...but later authorities linked the murder to Wayne Nance, serial killer who struck the area in the 1980's. Since then, retired sheriff's captain Larry Weatherman remained committed to the case. It haunted him long after he retired...that this young victim had no name, no one to mourn her...and no proper resting place. Up until this week...her remains were kept in a county storage room.

"Marci's family wants to give credit to the Green River Task force for helping them even after they determined she wasn't a victim of Gary Ridgeway, a Seattle-area serial killer. They also want to thank Missoula County Sheriff's captain Greg Hinz for submitting Marci's DNA to a national registry. "

I couldn't find any info about Bachmann on any of the missing persons websites I visited: doenetwork, charley project, or ncmec. If her info had been posted there, I wonder how much sooner she might have been identified.

Hoppy

More details

Originally Posted by reportertype

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by Airys_01
    Im very suprised and thankful that this case was solved and that the family will now have some peace. Looking at the photo of Marci a.k.a. Robin, I would have never been able to tell that she was only 16 because she looks like much older.
    I too thought she was older than 16. I kinda guessed she was maybe 25, 26 years old because of the photos. It's nice that she finally has a name- but it's kinda sad that despite those photographs, no-one knew who she was : (

the person who created the website for marci/robin was liz chapman i belive she was involved with doe and passed away a few years ago

There is another possible unidentified victim here:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/3ufmt.html

Unidentified White or Biracial Female
    • Located in Missoula, Montana on September 9, 1985.
    • Cause of death was homicide, she had been shot in the head twice.
    • She is estimated to have died between 1983-1985.

Vital Statistics

• Approximate age: 20-22 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'2" (152 cm.-157 cm.); 100-110 lbs (45-50 kg.).
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light-brown hair, believed to be thin, wavy and treated. She was a smoker and may have been right-handed. Her cheekbones were quite prominent and she may have been of partial Asian descent.
    • Dentals: Dental records are available. Restoration and root canal work indicate excellent dental care during teen years with significant fall off during later years.
    • Clothing: No clothing was found at the scene.

Case History
    There are little clues as to the circumstances of this victim's death; her remains were skeletonized when she was located. Wayne Nance was a suspect in the death of this victim, but he died before anything was brought to trial. The murder weapon was a .32-caliber firearm and the bullets were Winchester/Western Silver Tip, solid nose or fully jacketed: Six land and grooves, right-hand twist, .051"/.055" land impression, which could have been fired from any of the following gun makes: Ceska, Walther, Llama, Star, Savage or Astra. The gun was not found at the scene, but two .32-caliber bullets recovered from skull. She was also nicknamed "Chryssie Crystal Creek" because of the location where she was found.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2