2008.07.22 Shirley P. Interview (Cindy's Mother)

Interesting that Cindy told her mother that she was in touch with KC every day while she and Caylee were missing. According to her, KC kept promising to bring the baby to see her "tomorrow". Tomorrow never came.

Broke my heart too, what a sweet lady. She reminded me of how my dad who is her age would talk. And poor Great Grandpa, and his memory
It is so sad what Casey did with their money :-(

I feel really bad for her, I hope she has other family members who are helping her now.

VB

So sad. I'm sure her health is going to suffer from all the stress.

Shirley may be 81 but she she seems like a dolll and is sharp as a tack. I truly feel for her and think she is being honest and helpful in what way she can with the investigation.

This comment really struck me; "she is a girl now...that I don't know" when refering to Casey. As well as that mess with those bizzare phone calls, I would love to know where they were coming from though I am sure LE has that one figured out.

I wonder if someone's cell phone auto-re-dialed the phone and what gma was hearing was background noise. I have had messages like that.

That breaks my heart.

That's what I was going to say... Bless her heart she didn't even bring up the money KC took from her.

Everyday another heartbreak.

Grandma doesn't mention confronting Cindy with the thefts. In fact, she doesn't bring them up at all.

I wonder if someone's cell phone auto-re-dialed the phone and what gma was hearing was background noise. I have had messages like that.

I get those too. How freaky for grandma to get those calls during that time.

She is so dear!!!! Loved her!

One thing she said also shows how much Cindy loved Caylee: Cindy was supposed to go on vacation but this is when Casey kept saying she would be back tomorrow. Cindy stayed and waited for her return. Made me cry!

Hey, gang, please don't forget as we go through these new interviews to add important stuff to the calendar in the jury room! Thanks!

Interesting that Cindy told her mother that she was in touch with KC every day while she and Caylee were missing. According to her, KC kept promising to bring the baby to see her "tomorrow". Tomorrow never came.

I guess that explains the "give me one more day" "I'm not giving you one more day, I've already given you a month." conversation on the first 911 call.

This is Cindy's mom.
This is another victim in Casey's family.
Casey had complete disregard not only for Caylee, but for every other member of her family as well, and they all stand as loyal to her as they possibly can, and more than most would.
I feel very badly for this family. It's incredibly difficult to observe their destruction.
People have said horrible things about Cindy, and George, and Lee, but they are all victims, all but Casey. Poor judgment the grandma says. yeah, very poor judgment. Each year, sinking deeper in lying, and stealing, and now this. Her mom, her dad, her brother, even her friends didn't know what to do to help her turn around. She had chances, and she had choices. She still does. She can choose right now to do the right thing, and take responsibility for her actions. Enough Casey. This has gone on long enough. You are an adult now, and it's time to act like one. Do the right thing now, for yourself, and for your family. Stop this now. Turn yourself in, tell LE where Caylee is, and let your family mourn her. They will not abandon you, they have proven that. They already know in their hearts. It won't surprise them.
Lord God, I pray for Casey right now. If there is anything salvagable, anything savable in her soul, let it come forth now. Strengthen her to be accountable for her actions, for her own sake, and also for her family's sake. In Jesus Name.

Well, that's just pitiful. Damn you, KC!!

Grandma doesn't mention confronting Cindy with the thefts. In fact, she doesn't bring them up at all.

Isn't that curious? I wonder why? Is it on record anywhere what date that these the grandparent theft came to light? I thought that was what the fight was about on the night of the 15th?

My impression of the interview is this--she's an elderly lady and as such tends to it seems take things at face value

She spoke of things as truth but they were what Cindy had told her and unfortunately confusing someone in advanced years isn't hard to do

Like my Gmom before she passed away would remember things--also sharp as tack with certain things but she would forget something and we'd be like "Momma you remember,,Lester was here yesterday" and she'd be like "Oh yeah ok Lester was here yesterday"

So while she may remember most things very well--I fear conversations w/Cindy may have tainted her recollection such as the 8th being Fathers Day

Poor woman though--she obviously loves her hubby as shown by her visiting everyday until she got sick then cutting it down to 3 days a week--Makes you wonder what the heck happened further down the genetic line

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back