Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008.07.17 Maria K. Interview (Clint's girlfriend)

Bumping-Nanny lies, insight into KC's care (or lack of) for Caylee...hopefully can find a working audio link.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Thanks for bumping this, I'm about to go back and read the interview again after all this time. Just wanted to chime in first, though, that the original links are no longer working, so I found the interview over at docstoc
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4824057/...issh-Interview

But before I go read... $400/week? Wow. My friend has been babysitting other people's children for 20 years. I TOLD HER she was shortchanging herself at $3/hour! wow.

ETA, here's an audio but there's no identification verification at the start, don't know who's channel this is.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyyHrz5w4E[/ame]
    Last edited by Gnatcatcher; 02-14-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added youtube

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22 View Post
    I found it interesting that Casey mentioned to Maria that she paid the nanny $400 per week. I know there was no nanny, but it is a line of questioning I wished LE had asked Casey. How much did you pay the nanny? How was the payment made, how often she was paid, etc.
    She doesn't even know what a babysitter would cost because she's never had to pay one. Imagine the salary she would have to be making to afford that much money for one child.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    She doesn't even know what a babysitter would cost because she's never had to pay one. Imagine the salary she would have to be making to afford that much money for one child.
    I know daycare is expensive. My boss's daughter is having a baby soon, and she was devastated to find out that newborn daycare costs 700 bucks a month. I wouldn't think a nanny, unless it's a family member willing to forgo being paid, would be much less. No way in hell Casey had money to pay a nanny or babysitter. That was a total and complete lie.

I sometimes think Cindy had to accept Casey's lies because the alternative was too horrible for her to contemplate.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    <respectfully snipped>
    ETA, here's an audio but there's no identification verification at the start, don't know who's channel this is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyyHrz5w4E
    If I'm not mistaken that's Patty G's channel with audio provided by Muzikman

There's also a part 2:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vwpx7FOtuU[/ame]

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NoNameLeft For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I know daycare is expensive. My boss's daughter is having a baby soon, and she was devastated to find out that newborn daycare costs 700 bucks a month. I wouldn't think a nanny, unless it's a family member willing to forgo being paid, would be much less. No way in hell Casey had money to pay a nanny or babysitter. That was a total and complete lie.

I sometimes think Cindy had to accept Casey's lies because the alternative was too horrible for her to contemplate.
    Daycare is one of the many reasons I sent my daughter to private school-Prior to her school years, I was paying anywhere from $120-$170 per week-Once she was in school, the daycare offered $90.00 per week, but tuition at a Catholic Elementary was $350.00 per month with free before and after care-When the schools do charge for "extended day", it is something like $20.00 per week, so I paid the same to send her to private school as I would have to send her to public school yet pay the $90.00-$120 for before/after school daycare.
    BTW, I would have preferred a nanny to daycare services, I am a SAHM now-But I never would have paid $400.00 per week. At $55,000 per year, that would eat up half of your salary.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Whos was girl in car who did not smell anything?

Can someone help me out with this? What was her name?

Are we sure this was in Casey's car? When exactly was she in Casey's car?

Thanks in advance. I want to go back and read her depo/interview.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Can someone help me out with this? What was her name?

Are we sure this was in Casey's car? When exactly was she in Casey's car?
    I believe it was MariaK. IIRC, no one specified when she was in the car.

com n sense is offline She yells from the corners, but few seem to hear her!
    It was the pretty girl with the glasses.. I know, such a help I am. She said that she was in the car she thought on the 16th of June but I'm sure when Tony got on the stand he corrected her & said it was the beginning of June. Ofcourse Baez chose to shut that out & hope the jury didn't hear Tony correct the date.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to com n sense For This Useful Post:

It was before Caylee's death. I think this could be touched on by State tomorrow.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nova24 For This Useful Post:

DOn't remember her first name but last name was kissh.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

It was Maria Kissh. She was not on the stand long, and there is not a thread for her in the witness testimony.

On another site I found a summary of her testimony which says she said she & Clint House, TL, and ICA all went out to eat to McDonald's or something around 6/21.

Later, TL corrected that date and said it was 6/4.

I think tomorrow I will go listen to her testimony again and make a post for the testimony threads since she has become one of the important figures even though her testimony was short.
    Dawn

"Responses to grief are as varied as the day is long. But responses to guilt are oh, so predictable. What do guilty people do? They lie, they avoid, they run, they mislead... They act like nothing is wrong." - LDB, 7/4/11

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawnTCB For This Useful Post:

It is quite interesting that a passanger in the car would not smell any odor at all.
    However, I've been told by LE officials that a decomposing body really starts to release its foul odor the more it is moved around. If ICA was lifting the body in and out of the car, or moving it inside the trunk, the more pronounced the smell might be.

Well, something to think about.

jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    It is quite interesting that a passanger in the car would not smell any odor at all.
    However, I've been told by LE officials that a decomposing body really starts to release its foul odor the more it is moved around. If ICA was lifting the body in and out of the car, or moving it inside the trunk, the more pronounced the smell might be.

Well, something to think about.

jmo
    Baez was using his nifty board to show who smelled the car odor and who did not.Does that mean because some didn't smell the odor it never existed?

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    It was before because she helped Caylee tie her shoes and was concerned that Caylee was alone on the deck

25. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

The well-wrapped, double-bagged body, protected by the heavy cloth of the laundry bag. And probably DUCT-TAPED CLOSED. After all, she'd seen that before, too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12