Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you Shadow, Great Summary!
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

I just can't believe not one person ever picked Casey up from work, or met her work friends, met her after work..or even ever asked her how she can work and be at the apartment all the time. How on earth do you leave your 2 year old alone to go in the bedroom with your boyfriend? You leave her alone with people she just met??

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    I just can't believe not one person ever picked Casey up from work, or met her work friends, met her after work..or even ever asked her how she can work and be at the apartment all the time. How on earth do you leave your 2 year old alone to go in the bedroom with your boyfriend? You leave her alone with people she just met??
    And on a balcony, no less!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChasingMoxie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingMoxie View Post
    And on a balcony, no less!
    Maybe in Casey-ville, she killed Caylee to keep her safe. Can't have her falling off a balcony, now, can we?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eric's_Iguana For This Useful Post:

You know, I re-read this interview, and was for some reason struck by how sad I feel now. I read this before, and it was just a part of the huge sadness - but now, reading it again, I started to cry for that precious little angel all over again. The fact that this little baby girl was in the living room all by herself, with strangers, while her mother was stowed away in Tony's room - So sad. So very sad. I can't imagine leaving my daughter alone for any length of time in a house that was unfamiliar, with strangers...

Baby Caylee, you are safe now. My heart is bleeding for any sadness or fear you have ever felt.

If it was an accident,why the duct tape?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seebra For This Useful Post:

Something struck me while reading this interview -- it just became more real how KC lives and lies from moment to moment, making thinks up as she goes along. In addition she seems to lie with no stress or discomfort. Tony had made it very clear in his interviews that KC was not what he considered "moved in". The story about the parents giving her the house was simply a explanation for why she needed to stay at Tony's. Perhaps, given that she was being so nice by cooking, cleaning, and making herself so available to Tony, she was hoping against hope that he would ask her to move in.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steadychick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    If you read or watch the details of KC's relations with others you will note that KC by nature and habit was very very careful to keep all of her friends and aquaintances very compartmentalized and seperate. Each with a wildly diferent story about KC. It's that same straight line mentality that allows her to simply drive straight past any questions in peoples minds. This is also where some of the weirder rumors from this whole case come from. The outlandish stories she would tell just one person. ie Dad abused her, Lee wanted sex with her, Mom and dad giving her the house, Zanny took Caylee, Zanny even exists. Some of these still seem to exist in the public arena as fact even when we know that absolutely everything out of KC's mouth is a lie. For example CA trying to strangle KC during the June 15th arguement. Where did that originate from? Does it not track back to a story told by KC to a friend or relative?

About the only ones who would have been in a position to start asking questions were those that did deal with her the most. ie the A's and possibly JG and his family. It is obvious that the Grunds had figured out alot of who and what she was, although I dont think they could have reasonably percieved the current danger to Caylee. The A's should have been asking more questions. everyone else would simply have never given much thought to the lies KC would tell as a matter of course.

As far as why so few of Tony's friends seemed concerned about KC's mothering skills. Most of the friends were male college students. 21 or so. Unless those boys had direct and regular contact with very young children (sibblings nieces nephews etc) it is not unreasonable that they have not yet formed an actual mental opinion or ability to judge parenting. Short of actual and clearly apparent physical abuse it just simply would not be noticed by them. Now a female of that age will be much more likely to have the closer experiences with child care and more prone to pick up on parenting issues, hence Maria noticing and comenting about this sort of thing, while the boys remain clueless.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to faefrost For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Maria seems to be the only bright bulb in the whole package.

I have always thought she was the only one with a working brain in that group.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to metalcrystal For This Useful Post:

$400 a week! What more proof do you need that there never was a nanny? KC did not work, so there was no need for a nanny. She didn't work so there was no $400 per week for a nanny.

Maria didn't think she had any information that was really helpful. Little did she know! Bet if this goes to trial, LE will use this tidbit in testimony. As should ZG's attorneys in the civil suit!

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to steadychick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by steadychick View Post
    $400 a week! What more proof do you need that there never was a nanny? KC did not work, so there was no need for a nanny. She didn't work so there was no $400 per week for a nanny.

Maria didn't think she had any information that was really helpful. Little did she know! Bet if this goes to trial, LE will use this tidbit in testimony. As should ZG's attorneys in the civil suit!
    She would have to have been making at least $15/hour to be taking home $400 a week to give the nanny and that would leave her NO money for anything else. It wouldn't make any sense to even work. I know she didn't work but didn't anyone else question that?

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nephers For This Useful Post:

Bumping-Nanny lies, insight into KC's care (or lack of) for Caylee...hopefully can find a working audio link.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Thanks for bumping this, I'm about to go back and read the interview again after all this time. Just wanted to chime in first, though, that the original links are no longer working, so I found the interview over at docstoc
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4824057/...issh-Interview

But before I go read... $400/week? Wow. My friend has been babysitting other people's children for 20 years. I TOLD HER she was shortchanging herself at $3/hour! wow.

ETA, here's an audio but there's no identification verification at the start, don't know who's channel this is.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyyHrz5w4E[/ame]
    Last edited by Gnatcatcher; 02-14-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added youtube

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22 View Post
    I found it interesting that Casey mentioned to Maria that she paid the nanny $400 per week. I know there was no nanny, but it is a line of questioning I wished LE had asked Casey. How much did you pay the nanny? How was the payment made, how often she was paid, etc.
    She doesn't even know what a babysitter would cost because she's never had to pay one. Imagine the salary she would have to be making to afford that much money for one child.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    She doesn't even know what a babysitter would cost because she's never had to pay one. Imagine the salary she would have to be making to afford that much money for one child.
    I know daycare is expensive. My boss's daughter is having a baby soon, and she was devastated to find out that newborn daycare costs 700 bucks a month. I wouldn't think a nanny, unless it's a family member willing to forgo being paid, would be much less. No way in hell Casey had money to pay a nanny or babysitter. That was a total and complete lie.

I sometimes think Cindy had to accept Casey's lies because the alternative was too horrible for her to contemplate.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    <respectfully snipped>
    ETA, here's an audio but there's no identification verification at the start, don't know who's channel this is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMyyHrz5w4E
    If I'm not mistaken that's Patty G's channel with audio provided by Muzikman

There's also a part 2:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vwpx7FOtuU[/ame]

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NoNameLeft For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast