OR OR - John Hicks, 47, Oakridge, Sept 2008

mammabear

Reaction score
Website
www.lostfacesofthemissing.blogspot.com
080915peewee_missing.jpg

John Hicks has been Missing since Sept. 7.
At age 47, John left with only his cell phone. It's what he didn't take with him that raises concern. His trailer, possesions, and beloved dog, Bear, were left behind.

[That's why everyone from the Oakridge Police Chief to Hicks' sister says something isn't right.That's why everyone from the Oakridge Police Chief to Hicks' sister says something isn't right.
"That's how I knew," said Debra Brunken. "When I talked to the landlord and I said, the dog's gone? And he said, no he's here. And I said oh God, I'll be up as fast as I can come."
So Brunken came to Oakridge, where Hicks has lived for the past two years. The part time handyman has the mentality of a 12-year-old, according to Brunken. He's a creature of habit, who calls her every day.]
Read More:
Oakridge man missing for more than a week

http://www.kval.com/younews/28358579.html

Lots of frustration being felt by the family at the delay in looking into John's disappearance - see comments below this article.

Apparently both parents had been lost quite recently. Sadly, it makes me wonder about John's mental state....

080915peewee_missing.jpg

John Hicks has been Missing since Sept. 7.
At age 47, John left with only his cell phone. It's what he didn't take with him that raises concern. His trailer, possesions, and beloved dog, Bear, were left behind.

[That's why everyone from the Oakridge Police Chief to Hicks' sister says something isn't right.That's why everyone from the Oakridge Police Chief to Hicks' sister says something isn't right.
"That's how I knew," said Debra Brunken. "When I talked to the landlord and I said, the dog's gone? And he said, no he's here. And I said oh God, I'll be up as fast as I can come."
So Brunken came to Oakridge, where Hicks has lived for the past two years. The part time handyman has the mentality of a 12-year-old, according to Brunken. He's a creature of habit, who calls her every day.]
Read More:
Oakridge man missing for more than a week
(my bold)

Just curious as to whether John was documented as being intellectually disabled and perhaps have a guardian ?

Missing aside, it's a rather disturbing story to read if he truly did have the mentality of a 12 year old. Sounds like he had a limited support system.

still with the cell phone taken and nothing else, was a short trip out ..........but turned into something else :(
bluestarzz

What concerns me is a comment left on my blog...
I didnt link this...I'm not sure of all the self promotion rules in here.

Johns siblings Debbie,Joe,Doug,Steve-need an ANGEL to guide us to Johns body to bring him home to join his mom and dad that we just lost 8 months ago.We are getting no help by the police or search and rescue.Johns sister has been in Oakridge doing her own investagating,All of the stories are the same..John got jumped beaten to death by unknowns and dumped,Not far from his own residence.I'ts a matter of time before one of them is going to slip up while drunk and doped up, and one of my ears will hear it.We will find our brother ourselves,,and sue the *advertiser censored* off Oakridge police and the state of Oregon..We're not ever going to give up.!! The HICKS family
September 27, 2008 8:28 AM

So this family has been trying to investigate this themselves by questioning the locals, and they are getting the above story from everyone? This could get ugly right quick. It seems like this family really needs some help.

John Hick's birthday is January 9th, Happy Birthday John. If anyone anything at all about the disappearance of John Hicks, please contact

You can contact johns family@hbrunken@yahoo.com or 541-255-8969,Debbie, Johns only sister.
Or Steve,Brother 541-430-0893.

or

Any information about John Hicks' whereabouts should be called in to the Oakridge Police Dept 1-541-782-4232 or Joshua 1-541-954-0856

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back