GUILTY KY - Faith Robinson, 4, dies of head trauma, Winchester, 28 May 2008

kentuckybound

Reaction score
http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=15790&format=html
A Winchester mother is in jail today, facing murder charges for her 4-year-old adopted daughter’s death in May.

Clark County sheriff’s deputies served an arrest warrant Thursday evening for 34-year-old Jessilyn C. Robinson of 1287 McClure Road, charging her with wanton murder, Sheriff Berl Perdue said.

Robinson’s daughter, Faith Raeanne Robinson, died at the University of Kentucky Medical Center on May 29, a day after her mother called 911 and said her daughter fell in the bathtub, Perdue said.

The report from the medical examiner’s office said the child died from a closed head injury consistent with being shaken, he said. The injuries were not consistent with a fall, he said.
Whats even more sick is that is that she was posting on an internet message board while her daughter lay in a hospital being kept alive by a
breathing machine.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/585209-i-know-wrong-place.html

Wichester is such a small town. It saddens me that this little girl died, it saddens me that something like this can happen is a sleepy country town. If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

I wonder if anyone noticed any signs of abuse before the murder? I doubt if this was a one time incident. I wonder if little Faith was in pre-school or not.
How can people adopt little children and then treat them like that? Did she ever really want that little girl or did she adopt her for some other reason. It's horrible. That poor little girl didn't have a chance.

I know they were a homeschooling family so I highly doubt there was daycare involved.
I wonder if anyone noticed any signs of abuse before the murder? I doubt if this was a one time incident. I wonder if little Faith was in pre-school or not.
How can people adopt little children and then treat them like that? Did she ever really want that little girl or did she adopt her for some other reason. It's horrible. That poor little girl didn't have a chance.

Disgusted, yet again! :furious::furious::furious:

I wonder if the "small and developmentally behind" thing was being from China or if they were not caring for her the way she ought to be... I know a lot of people homeschool but this is one of the reasons I personally don't like it and think it is a very bad idea, if someone is abusing a child there is no one else that child can go to for help. Maybe Mom is fine, but when she isn't around Dad abuses (or vice versa). We've all seen by the Caylee Anthony case how easy it is for family to buy complete and total BS for YEARS... "Oh, she walked into a doorknob, she "tripped" down the stairs..." etc. Teachers are trained to spot these things and they don't have the emotional belief in your immediate family that you do. More kids are harmed by their own families than by violence at schools, strangers, etc. Ok, I'll get down off of my soapbox now, sorry I hope I don't offend any HSers...

It should also give those of us following the Caylee Anthony case perspective, this happened, it appears, late in May (the daughter died 5/30/08), they just got around to arresting the mother at the end of September.

I read the message board the mother had posted at. She imhoo was asking online friends for support....and got tons of it..... At the end of the pages of posts a poster finds a link to her in jail and posted it up there. Only a few responses were noted before the thread was locked but obviously there are a lot of shocked people out there.

This poor baby. This poor family. I watched the tribute and it appears that they had adopted two children from Asian countries. I am a nurse and worked peds for many years. It only takes one time of shaking to cause head injury and or death. I cannot tell you how many times I educated new mothers that if they felt they were going to get angry or shake the child to leave the room or call a friend. Yet this happens over and over again. At the split second that it takes a person to get angry. Only one time. That is all it takes. And this mother will be sitting in jail for the rest of her life dealing with her lie of the fall in the bathtub on top of that. How so very sad.

Rest in peace, little Faith. And bless your Daddy and your brother and sister and your mommy too. I hope she didn't mean to hurt you.

this happened, it appears, late in May (the daughter died 5/30/08), they just got around to arresting the mother at the end of September.
~respectfully snipped~:blowkiss:

And throughout ALL that time the mother never came forward with the fact that the slip in the tub was a lie... that concerns me. Almost four entire months of living with that lie....

When the adoption agency in China finds out, they will be devastated. At least in the case of children who are fostered by Chinese families until they get adopted, their foster parents become very attached and worry when the child goes to the adoptive home in another country. I don't know if it's the same when a child is adopted from an orphanage.
This is sickening. Who could shake such a precious teeny tiny little girl like that? And why?

I wonder if the "small and developmentally behind" thing was being from China or if they were not caring for her the way she ought to be... I know a lot of people homeschool but this is one of the reasons I personally don't like it and think it is a very bad idea, if someone is abusing a child there is no one else that child can go to for help. Maybe Mom is fine, but when she isn't around Dad abuses (or vice versa). We've all seen by the Caylee Anthony case how easy it is for family to buy complete and total BS for YEARS... "Oh, she walked into a doorknob, she "tripped" down the stairs..." etc. Teachers are trained to spot these things and they don't have the emotional belief in your immediate family that you do. More kids are harmed by their own families than by violence at schools, strangers, etc. Ok, I'll get down off of my soapbox now, sorry I hope I don't offend any HSers...

It should also give those of us following the Caylee Anthony case perspective, this happened, it appears, late in May (the daughter died 5/30/08), they just got around to arresting the mother at the end of September.

I home school. Where I am from, we are required to be under a home school group. We must report in person to turn in grades, work etc. and they require you to bring your children in with you. We also have a group that we attend field trips with. I understand what you are saying about abuse being spotted but I would hope that Doctors would/could/ and should report abuse. Even though we home school we are required to have by law the same records turned in to the head of the home school group (shot records, etc.). Our situation is a little different because I still have a child in the public school system and we are still very active in that school. I wasn't offended by your post but I just wanted people to know that just because someone home schools there is still accountability.

~respectfully snipped~:blowkiss:

And throughout ALL that time the mother never came forward with the fact that the slip in the tub was a lie... that concerns me. Almost four entire months of living with that lie....

Or maybe it's NOT a lie. All we have is a couple articles to go by... that's hardly enough to prove guilt, no?

Did any of you watch the You Tube video her "mother" put together? There is at least one picture where her birth daughter looks like she has a black eye. A REALLY black eye.

Did any of you watch the You Tube video her "mother" put together? There is at least one picture where her birth daughter looks like she has a black eye. A REALLY black eye.

To me it just looks like she has naturally dark circles under her eyes. How does one go from seemingly happy family to abusing the baby? RIP sweetie.

I see several people mention the child was from China - I agree she looks asian. But do we know it was an international adoption, and if so, from China? I couldn't find anything about it in the news articles.

i wish parents that do this to thier children ..could get the same thing and worse done to them:furious::furious: .. poor innocent baby .. i cant believe all the child abuse there is in the world until i started reading here i didnt realize there was just such staggering numbers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back