Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising/Helps Support WS Update

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.

Advertising/Helps Support WS Update

Hello Fellow Sleuthers,

As you know Websleuths is taking on advertisers to help cover the cost of running along with many other expenses.

Our first advertiser, Backgroundchecks.com is an incredible company.

The good news is we have so many people coming here to read that I have to keep double checking the numbers. In a bit under two weeks ( I think) we had 2,302,106 impressions.

Keep in mind the "numbers" have nothing to do with how many members we have. The numbers have everything to do with the number of people, members and non-members, who come to read at WS.

Makes me break out the dancing love bananas I am so happy.

Problem is not too many people are clicking on the banners nor buying anything from Backgroundchecks.com

Heads Up.

You will see some changes in the banners and their placement. There will be more placed on the forum with different messages.

The only reason I am telling you this is because I don't want you to think I am getting greedy by placing more ads. I am only trying to get something that will work well for WS.

Many of you offered to send me donations. As I hope you know by now that, although the thought is greatly appreciated, I do not accept donations.

What I need you to do, if you are able to support WS, is to click on one of the banner/ads and purchase something. Now, ONLY IF YOU HAVE A USE FOR IT. Don't just buy something without having a need for it.

Perhaps you have a friend or a family member you can help by doing a background check for them if you don't need any background info on people you know.

Backgroundchecks.com offers many different things. Not just criminal and not expensive things either. You can find out email addresses and other small things like this.

The only way to support Websleuths is to click on the banner and purchase something and I'll be honest, if you have been thinking about purchasing something I would appreciate it if you did so soon. We have the server bill coming up and I want to pay it without having to go to someone else for help.

Yes, we are working on T-Shirts, Hats, Mugs, Calendars, and other fun items but those are going to be a long time coming. It's a slow process. We are designing a logo now.

It is so amazing how far Websleuths has come since the beginning of August. All the thanks goes to you, the posters, for participating and making Websleuths the number 1 true crime forum on the Internet. Number 1 in my opinion anyway

Take care and thank you again.

Tricia
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

bumppppp

Tricia - Just a thought...It might help if they would work with you to arrange some sort of a special free trial for websleuthers??? Not sure if that's possible but I got hooked on ancestry.com when they did that! Just an idea...

And, may I respectfully suggest that you look into text ads. I don't see flash or javascript ads on any website, and I imagine there are others. I always see text ads.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Tricia - Just a thought...It might help if they would work with you to arrange some sort of a special free trial for websleuthers??? Not sure if that's possible but I got hooked on ancestry.com when they did that! Just an idea...
    That is a great idea. I will look into it. And, I am going to look into Ancestry dot com too.

Thanks for your support. We will keep websleuths up and running. I have faith
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    I have been there myself and it's a great site. The people that run it seem to be trustworthy and honest. For anyone who likes to research and investigate this is a great find! I for one recommend it.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I have been there myself and it's a great site. The people that run it seem to be trustworthy and honest. For anyone who likes to research and investigate this is a great find! I for one recommend it.

Thank you so much for you endorsement my dear.

After working with the company to set up the advertising I have come away with the same impression as well. If I didn't they wouldn't be advertising here.

Great people and wonderful company. Perfect for our site don't you think?
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Quote Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
    And, may I respectfully suggest that you look into text ads. I don't see flash or javascript ads on any website, and I imagine there are others. I always see text ads.
    Tricia,

A forum I post at uses:

http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/

They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page. You can pick your content and it's all non-offense stuff and can actually be quite useful and they are not intrusive at all.

For instance, we were discussing grammar and spelling in a thread I was on and the ad was for an online dictionary/thesaurus.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    Tricia,

A forum I post at uses:

http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/

They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page. You can pick your content and it's all non-offense stuff and can actually be quite useful and they are not intrusive at all.

For instance, we were discussing grammar and spelling in a thread I was on and the ad was for an online dictionary/thesaurus.
    Thank you so much. This looks really good.

The wonderful news is we have so many options.

Just thought of something darlin gal, we have the "up to the minute", "bizarre news" and "crimes in the news" sections on our forum.

There was a whole thread, with a ton of posts, talking about, are you ready, a man who was arressted while making love to a picinic table. Yep, you heard me right. A Pic-i-Nic table. Yogi Bear was mortified. Hey, I can't make this stuff up.

So, when you say, They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page I shudder to think of what commercials would pop up in connection to this topic. HAHAHAHA.

Great idea and I will look into it. Thank you so much.

Tricia
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    Thank you Tricia you're the best.

I wonder if there is a way you could add another advertisment that we just click on daily to earn money for this site? I can't buy from the one now as I have no credit cards. I got rid of them so that I didn't over spend if you know what I mean lol..
    Please excuse me if I have replied to a post and can no longer find that thread. WS is wonderful all around and I don't want anyone to think I am being rude.. I forget what thread I post on at times.

HI Tricia,
    Sent you an email!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Reminder to all that background check report does reverse phone numbers

On Background Check...I think it is only .99 to look up reverse phone numbers and less than $5 to look up unlisted numbers.

I am on "do not call" but telemarketers get through. I report them. If I have to get off my computer to answer the phone it better be somebody good.

As far as ancestry.com, I've actually been considering joining. I've only heard good things about it.

I am all signed up--now i need to decide who to do a background check on, haha. I am sure I can run one on someone, maybe my mom needs one. Don't laugh, she is not the most stable or reliable person around--it might do her good to know what she has been up tp! (yes, I meant to say it like that--she needs to know what she has been doing, lol!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by LinetteH View Post
    I am all signed up--now i need to decide who to do a background check on, haha. I am sure I can run one on someone, maybe my mom needs one. Don't laugh, she is not the most stable or reliable person around--it might do her good to know what she has been up tp! (yes, I meant to say it like that--she needs to know what she has been doing, lol!!!!)
    Hey, sounds like a good idea for some of my family too. Lord knows what they have been up to. LOL

We will soon be offering up all kinds of interesting things you can do at backgroundchecks.com

Like was mentioned above you can do simple things like a reverse phone number at backgroundchecks.com . Many things that are incredibly helpful and yet inexpensive too

By the way, T-shirts and mugs are getting closer and closer.

Tricia
    `````````````````

And Face Book of course
     | 

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

It would be great if you could hook up with Amazon.com. I'm a charter member of the Book of the Week Club, LOL, made that up, but seriously, I buy lots and lots of books. Very often I read a cold case here then order a book about it.

Edited to add: Ancestory.com is great! Met some relatives through that site and they gave me a guilt made by my great grandmother.

bumppp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
    It would be great if you could hook up with Amazon.com. I'm a charter member of the Book of the Week Club, LOL, made that up, but seriously, I buy lots and lots of books. Very often I read a cold case here then order a book about it.

Edited to add: Ancestory.com is great! Met some relatives through that site and they gave me a guilt made by my great grandmother.
    That would be great.

I order a lot from Amazon.com.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    bummmmmp! And Tricia....how about true crime books? Or books on profiling, etc? After I go work on the farm (my fav job in the fall!) I will sign up for a background check...... I guess I won't do one on Casey LOL......... but perhaps another interesting case I have my eye on in crimes in the news....

aside~ when you get those hats and shirts I do not think you will ever be in need of another money raising idea!
    This bee my opinion

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    That would be great.

I order a lot from Amazon.com.
    yeah! And keeping with a "crime book of the month" idea..... you could put Tricia picks up each month!
    This bee my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    yeah! And keeping with a "crime book of the month" idea..... you could put Tricia picks up each month!
    Ooohhh, I LOVE that idea! I would buy it! Please, Tricia? Thanks, Nurse!
    "Oh, what tangled webs we weave, When first we practice to deceive"

~Sir Walter Scott

Quote Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
    I second this suggestion! Flash ads cause me great problems as my computer does not support Flash. Some small puters and limited capacity laptops have this problem. Text ads would be great!
    "Your words and actions should reflect how you would want someone to act and speak towards you"

TruthSeeker not Truth Seeker. No space between Truth and Seeker. My post are my opinion unless a link is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Thank you so much. This looks really good.

The wonderful news is we have so many options.

Just thought of something darlin gal, we have the "up to the minute", "bizarre news" and "crimes in the news" sections on our forum.

There was a whole thread, with a ton of posts, talking about, are you ready, a man who was arressted while making love to a picinic table. Yep, you heard me right. A Pic-i-Nic table. Yogi Bear was mortified. Hey, I can't make this stuff up.

So, when you say, They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page I shudder to think of what commercials would pop up in connection to this topic. HAHAHAHA.

Great idea and I will look into it. Thank you so much.

Tricia
    Well a chick from Boston Legal got turned on by a toaster...I guess picnic tables need love too.

My guess is you would get a camping ad, a party supplies ad or at worst a dating ad. They are all PG.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hey, sounds like a good idea for some of my family too. Lord knows what they have been up to. LOL

We will soon be offering up all kinds of interesting things you can do at backgroundchecks.com

Like was mentioned above you can do simple things like a reverse phone number at backgroundchecks.com . Many things that are incredibly helpful and yet inexpensive too

By the way, T-shirts and mugs are getting closer and closer.

Tricia

I havent read the whole thread yet, but I wanted to know if you do get some fun stuff in....like mugs and t-shirts PLEASE tell me your gonna take Paypal??? Thats the only way Ill be able to buy anything, and I WILL buy something!! lol

Caylee Marie Anthony
    8/09/05-6/16/08

America's little girl
    RIP Little One

Ive lost my life, please dont let me lose my name, its CAYLEE Marie Anthony

Hi Tricia, thanks for posting this!

I had a question about obtaining a criminal report on someone...I do have someone in mind and its legit on my end, but will this person find out if I do a check on them? Does anyone know the answer?.....Its just that I dont want this person to retaliate- (already have had nails in my driveway and other tricks pulled on me just from even looking at them.)

Also, I like the Amazon idea, but would Ebay be of interest to advertize? I mention this because I saw a thread on the main page about Ebay??? Just a thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast