Advertising/Helps Support WS Update

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Sleuthers,

As you know Websleuths is taking on advertisers to help cover the cost of running along with many other expenses.

Our first advertiser, Backgroundchecks.com is an incredible company.

The good news is we have so many people coming here to read that I have to keep double checking the numbers. In a bit under two weeks ( I think) we had 2,302,106 impressions.

Keep in mind the "numbers" have nothing to do with how many members we have. The numbers have everything to do with the number of people, members and non-members, who come to read at WS.

Makes me break out the dancing love bananas I am so happy. :Banane59::Banane59::Banane59:

Problem is not too many people are clicking on the banners nor buying anything from Backgroundchecks.com

Heads Up.

You will see some changes in the banners and their placement. There will be more placed on the forum with different messages.

The only reason I am telling you this is because I don't want you to think I am getting greedy by placing more ads. I am only trying to get something that will work well for WS.

Many of you offered to send me donations. As I hope you know by now that, although the thought is greatly appreciated, I do not accept donations.

What I need you to do, if you are able to support WS, is to click on one of the banner/ads and purchase something. Now, ONLY IF YOU HAVE A USE FOR IT. Don't just buy something without having a need for it.

Perhaps you have a friend or a family member you can help by doing a background check for them if you don't need any background info on people you know.

Backgroundchecks.com offers many different things. Not just criminal and not expensive things either. You can find out email addresses and other small things like this.

The only way to support Websleuths is to click on the banner and purchase something and I'll be honest, if you have been thinking about purchasing something I would appreciate it if you did so soon. We have the server bill coming up and I want to pay it without having to go to someone else for help.

Yes, we are working on T-Shirts, Hats, Mugs, Calendars, and other fun items but those are going to be a long time coming. It's a slow process. We are designing a logo now.

It is so amazing how far Websleuths has come since the beginning of August. All the thanks goes to you, the posters, for participating and making Websleuths the number 1 true crime forum on the Internet. Number 1 in my opinion anyway ;)

Take care and thank you again.

Tricia

Tricia - Just a thought...It might help if they would work with you to arrange some sort of a special free trial for websleuthers??? Not sure if that's possible but I got hooked on ancestry.com when they did that! Just an idea...

And, may I respectfully suggest that you look into text ads. I don't see flash or javascript ads on any website, and I imagine there are others. I always see text ads.

Tricia - Just a thought...It might help if they would work with you to arrange some sort of a special free trial for websleuthers??? Not sure if that's possible but I got hooked on ancestry.com when they did that! Just an idea...

That is a great idea. I will look into it. And, I am going to look into Ancestry dot com too.

Thanks for your support. We will keep websleuths up and running. I have faith :woohoo::woohoo:

I have been there myself and it's a great site. The people that run it seem to be trustworthy and honest. For anyone who likes to research and investigate this is a great find! I for one recommend it.

I have been there myself and it's a great site. The people that run it seem to be trustworthy and honest. For anyone who likes to research and investigate this is a great find! I for one recommend it.

Thank you so much for you endorsement my dear.

After working with the company to set up the advertising I have come away with the same impression as well. If I didn't they wouldn't be advertising here.

Great people and wonderful company. Perfect for our site don't you think?

And, may I respectfully suggest that you look into text ads. I don't see flash or javascript ads on any website, and I imagine there are others. I always see text ads.

Tricia,

A forum I post at uses:

http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/

They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page. You can pick your content and it's all non-offense stuff and can actually be quite useful and they are not intrusive at all.

For instance, we were discussing grammar and spelling in a thread I was on and the ad was for an online dictionary/thesaurus.

Tricia,

A forum I post at uses:

http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/

They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page. You can pick your content and it's all non-offense stuff and can actually be quite useful and they are not intrusive at all.

For instance, we were discussing grammar and spelling in a thread I was on and the ad was for an online dictionary/thesaurus.

Thank you so much. This looks really good.

The wonderful news is we have so many options.

Just thought of something darlin gal, we have the "up to the minute", "bizarre news" and "crimes in the news" sections on our forum.

There was a whole thread, with a ton of posts, talking about, are you ready, a man who was arressted while making love to a picinic table. Yep, you heard me right. A Pic-i-Nic table. Yogi Bear was mortified. Hey, I can't make this stuff up.

So, when you say, They are text ads that are related to keywords on the page I shudder to think of what commercials would pop up in connection to this topic. HAHAHAHA.

Great idea and I will look into it. Thank you so much.

Tricia

Thank you Tricia you're the best.

I wonder if there is a way you could add another advertisment that we just click on daily to earn money for this site? I can't buy from the one now as I have no credit cards. I got rid of them so that I didn't over spend if you know what I mean lol..

On Background Check...I think it is only .99 to look up reverse phone numbers and less than $5 to look up unlisted numbers.

I am on "do not call" but telemarketers get through. I report them. If I have to get off my computer to answer the phone it better be somebody good.

As far as ancestry.com, I've actually been considering joining. I've only heard good things about it.

I am all signed up--now i need to decide who to do a background check on, haha. I am sure I can run one on someone, maybe my mom needs one. Don't laugh, she is not the most stable or reliable person around--it might do her good to know what she has been up tp! :) (yes, I meant to say it like that--she needs to know what she has been doing, lol!!!!)

I am all signed up--now i need to decide who to do a background check on, haha. I am sure I can run one on someone, maybe my mom needs one. Don't laugh, she is not the most stable or reliable person around--it might do her good to know what she has been up tp! :) (yes, I meant to say it like that--she needs to know what she has been doing, lol!!!!)

Hey, sounds like a good idea for some of my family too. Lord knows what they have been up to. LOL

We will soon be offering up all kinds of interesting things you can do at backgroundchecks.com

Like was mentioned above you can do simple things like a reverse phone number at backgroundchecks.com . Many things that are incredibly helpful and yet inexpensive too

By the way, T-shirts and mugs are getting closer and closer. :)

Tricia

It would be great if you could hook up with Amazon.com. I'm a charter member of the Book of the Week Club, LOL, made that up, but seriously, I buy lots and lots of books. Very often I read a cold case here then order a book about it.

Edited to add: Ancestory.com is great! Met some relatives through that site and they gave me a guilt made by my great grandmother.

It would be great if you could hook up with Amazon.com. I'm a charter member of the Book of the Week Club, LOL, made that up, but seriously, I buy lots and lots of books. Very often I read a cold case here then order a book about it.

Edited to add: Ancestory.com is great! Met some relatives through that site and they gave me a guilt made by my great grandmother.

That would be great. :)

I order a lot from Amazon.com.

bummmmmp! And Tricia....how about true crime books? Or books on profiling, etc? After I go work on the farm (my fav job in the fall!) I will sign up for a background check...... I guess I won't do one on Casey LOL......... but perhaps another interesting case I have my eye on in crimes in the news....

aside~ when you get those hats and shirts I do not think you will ever be in need of another money raising idea!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back