GUILTY MD - Minnet, 9, & Jasmine Bowman, 7, found dead in freezer, Lusby, May 2006

RAELON

Reaction score
Website
www.blingsityauctions.com
http://www.wbaltv.com/cnn-news/17580952/detail.html

Authorities Find Children's Frozen Corpses

POSTED: 10:57 am EDT September 29, 2008
UPDATED: 11:58 am EDT September 29, 2008

LUSBY, Md. -- Sheriff's deputies in southern Maryland on Monday continued to investigate the discovery of the bodies of two small children in a freezer in a Lusby home.

Calvert County authorities said they found them Saturday as they were investigating a report of an injured child.

A woman who said the girls were her adopted daughters has been arrested, according to The Washington Post. Renee Bowman, 43, told deputies that the remains had been frozen since at least February, according to a press release by sheriff's Lt. Bobby Jones and detective Sgt. Michael Moore Jr.

The sheriff's office said a third girl was found by investigators Saturday after escaping from a locked bedroom by jumping out the window. The release by Jones and Moore said Bowman told investigators she beat the 7-year-old with a "hard-heeled shoe."

She was charged with child abuse in connection with that girl, Jones and Moore said.

Bowman has been ordered held without bond.

Jones and Moore said the Medical Examiner's Office asked that the entire freezer be brought to Baltimore so the evidence could be removed.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Maryland State Police at 410-535-1400 or the Calvert County Sheriff's Office at 410-535-2800 (ext. 2454).

Since at least Feb??? She doesn't remember exactly when they were frozen???? She doesn't remember when they died???? I don't believe it. I think she knows exactly when. She is just trying to downplay her guilt. And after two died, she continued to abuse the third child!

WHY WHY WHY do people adopt children just to abuse them? I am so glad the third child got away. I hope they are able to place her in a good home so she will know what a loving family feels like.

Two children whose remains were found in a basement freezer in southern Maryland likely have been dead since at least last fall, and the bodies may have been moved several times, police said Wednesday.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gKmzotsGFHyGR2-eDxEtZ47kdD5AD93HPNPO1

There was a boyfriend in the home and police say he is cooperating.

Bowman had a misdemeanor record of threatening harm in 1999 and past financial problems. And she was collecting an adoption subsidy, which she continued to collect after the girls deaths.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=9102941

Most likely she only adopted them for the subsidy check of $2400 a month.
Thank God the one girl was able to escape; no doubt the woman would have killed her like the other 2

This is horriable, How sad for those precious baby's.
I hope the max punishment is served.

I haven't read the article, but if the two girls found were of school age, how come no one from the school called to find out about them? A truancy officer? Court for truancy? And since they are adopted, don't Social Workers come by periodically to check on the wellbeing of the children and see how the family is interacting? This woman is horrible, and the people around those girls should have seen something... Not blaming them, but it's such a shame to read about this. :(

I haven't read the article, but if the two girls found were of school age, how come no one from the school called to find out about them? A truancy officer? Court for truancy? And since they are adopted, don't Social Workers come by periodically to check on the wellbeing of the children and see how the family is interacting? This woman is horrible, and the people around those girls should have seen something... Not blaming them, but it's such a shame to read about this. :(

Too often we see stories about kids who fell through the cracks. Our system needs some kind of revamping because it does not work.:mad:

They were beautiful girls and it sickens me that she could do this to them and then go on about her life like nothing had happened! I hope she rots!!

Oh, what adorable children. How could anyone hurt them? I am so tired of this kind of cruelty.

She has been in jail since last year when she was charged with abuse of a daughter who escaped and was found wandering. Now she faces murder charges for two more little daughters.

Woman To Be Charged In Murder Of Girls Found In Freezer

The Maryland woman whom authorities suspected of killing her two adopted daughters then putting their bodies in a freezer now faces charges in that case.

and

The girls in the freezer were identified as Jasmine Nicole Bowman, who would be about 9, and Minnet C. Bowman, who would be about 11.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=24187&zoneid=2

Their pictures are with the article.

What a heinous, horrible act. How tragic. These girls deserve so much better than that. They were so gorgeous.

What a heinous, horrible act. How tragic. These girls deserve so much better than that. They were so gorgeous.

I pray the surviving sister has received extensive counseling and a truly loving family. I wonder what she possibly witnessed.

I hope the other 2 sisters weren't alive when she put them in the freezer. The article said that the adoptive 'murderer' (I refuse to call her mom) told LE that one died of starvation and one died from a fall. I hope the medical examiner will be able to determine COD.

To think about all of those people in the world that are desperate to be parents and would have loved to raise these children.:furious:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/07022009/montnew173005_32538.shtml

It just gets worse. this woman is evil i hope she get hers in prison!!

The state Medical Examiner's Office in Baltimore determined in December that the two girls died of asphyxiation. The exam also revealed that Jasmine Bowman had lacerations to her scalp and Minnet Bowman had suffered broken bones in her hand and arms before her death, the charging documents state.
The child had jumped 10 feet from a second-floor window after being left home alone and locked in her room, according to charging documents filed Wednesday in Montgomery Circuit Court. She said she feared Bowman was "going to kill her," the documents state.

She told detectives that she and her sisters were locked in their room during the day and forced to go to the bathroom in a bucket, the charging documents state. Bowman also "beat and choked" her and her sisters while living in Aspen Hill, the girl told police.

The girl, whose body police said was covered with cuts and open sores, is being cared for by the Calvert County Department of Social Services.

I cant believe it has taken this long to bring these charges against this woman. Our justice system can be so slow most of the time. I am so glad this little girl was able to escape, she was very brave. I hope she finds a loving family that will give her hugs and kisses all the time !

And she had filed for bankruptcy and the three girls came with a check.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back