1061 users online (216 members and 845 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844

    Dallas Crim. Def. Law blog: Can Casey Anthony Get A Fair Trial and Why Should we care

    http://dallaslawyer.blogspot.com/200...-get-fair.html

    The affects ripple through the nation....

    Remember though this is a criminal defense attorney....

    I thought people may be interested in another states view of our Florida Today....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Herlong, California
    Posts
    247
    Sure Casey can get a fair trial.

    But first she must dump JB and find a "Dream Team" like OJ did!
    Just the FACTS Ma'am. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    284
    The only reason I would want her to get a "fair" trial is so that there is no way it could be called a "mistrial". Other than that I wouldn't care if they sent her straight to the electric chair.

    P.S. I'm just a little cranky today so excuse the boldness.
    JUSTICE FOR SWEET CAYLEE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PacNW
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Friptzap View Post
    http://dallaslawyer.blogspot.com/200...-get-fair.html

    The affects ripple through the nation....

    Remember though this is a criminal defense attorney....

    I thought people may be interested in another states view of our Florida Today....
    Thanks for posting that article. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype, its important to remember what the justice system is really there for!

  5. #5
    Insomnia Momma's Avatar
    Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,049
    I pray to God she gets a fair trial. I want nothing to interfere with her sitting in prison for the rest of her life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsy_C View Post
    Thanks for posting that article. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype, its important to remember what the justice system is really there for!
    Well, it has also been said that the public is only seeing the evidence that the jury would see.

    I think the problem with "fair," in this case is that the evidence points SO strongly that unbiased is hardly possible-- unless one has lived in a cave.

    There's everything but the smoking gun, here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    Well, it has also been said that the public is only seeing the evidence that the jury would see.

    I think the problem with "fair," in this case is that the evidence points SO strongly that unbiased is hardly possible-- unless one has lived in a cave.

    There's everything but the smoking gun, here.

    Oh I agree with this..


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,978
    that is why this case does my head in. to me there is no possible way she can get a fair trial and that upsets me because the processes are there for a reason, to protect us all. same type of thing as the freedom of speech quote (who was it that said this, think it was voltaire? too tired to google and my kids, which are both present and accounted for wont let me) "I hate what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    basically you have to support it 100% or not at all.


    as a previous poster said, we want a fair trial so she gets her time
    Last edited by 2goldfish; 09-29-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I have space bar issues

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post
    Sure Casey can get a fair trial.

    But first she must dump JB and find a "Dream Team" like OJ did!
    wasn't nothing "fair" about that trial or he'd been found guilty!
    "I may have been to hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell
    with a smile on my face and with my head held high and my feet firmly on
    the ground." - Michelle Knight

  10. #10
    Maui4me's Avatar
    Maui4me is offline non-judgmental grandma looking for justice for Caylee
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Color Country, UT
    Posts
    587
    If OJ could get a fair trial, she can too... you don't know how many ppl I mention this case to who have no idea about it at all


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    I pray to God she gets a fair trial. I want nothing to interfere with her sitting in prison for the rest of her life.


    Me too!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    646
    OJ got away with murder, need we say more? And plus NO ONE I know knows anything about this case. I am sure there are others who dont. And do I care if she gets a fair trial? NO!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,138
    Yes I do believe she can get a fair trial. In my personal experience very few people I know, from friends to family have heard of this case much less followed it like I have. That said I do not live in central FL. Even if the defense petitions for a change of venue I do believe 12 of Casey's peers will be found who can serve and offer their ruling without predjudice. I think that the high profile nature of this case bodes particularly well for a case in which LE and the DA will be following the law to T so as to avoid any future discourse, legal or otherwise as to the handling of this case.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    471
    I didn't read the article yet, but I think a fair trial is possible. Anyone who has reached a decision has based it on the information at hand. In court, it's a whole 'nother world and you're privy to more...which could go either way. Who wants to find an innocent person guilty?

    Personally, I find her 'guilty' of neglect and obstruction...based on facts of the case and her own admissions...doesn't know where her toddler is and lying/misleading police. Still, I would 'clean the slate' and do my job in court. I believe she murdered Caylee, but it would have to be proven to me.

    In the end, I want her to have a fair trial and competent counsel. Anything less, and it's not really justice.
    Hey, Casey...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    814
    The US Supreme Court has issued a number of rulings stating that if potential jurors who have read news reports about the case are asked during jury selection proceedings if they can put aside what they have read and make a decision based only on what they hear in court, that defendant did receive a fair trial.

    Here's just one in which the appeal attorneys tried to argue that the verdict should be overturned because the jurors weren't asked about specific news reports. The SC rejected the appeal.

    http://supreme.justia.com/us/500/415/case.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 2011.04.12 Casey Anthony trial: Focus group 'acquits' Anthony on CBS show
    By Reality Orlando in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
  2. Casey Anthony Trial possible outcomes (Graphic)
    By Queenofwands in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM
  3. 2011.06.10 ABC's 20/20 RE: Casey Anthony Trial
    By Never4GetCaylee in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:20 PM
  4. Will Casey be able to get a fair trial?
    By Beyond Belief in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 02:01 PM