Autopsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So SG - how long does it take the digestive system to break down onion ?

No signs of sexual assault, yet the killer strangled her and removed all clothing / shoes except a halter top before dumping her body in the back of a construction site ?

Yea right.
Guilty as sin

So SG - how long does it take the digestive system to break down onion ?

...and for how long does caffeine stay in the bloodstream? Would caffeine from coffee/soda the night before still be present... or, would it require her to have had something more recent (ie, in the morning).

Only 'food' found in stomach contents was one small piece of onion and some reddish fluid (perhaps wine?). It wasn't blood because they would have said so.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/09/29/3638836/CooperAutopsy.pdf

According to the autopsy report, her body was decomposed because of the elements, and she was clothed only in what the report refers to as a black, gray and red "halter top."

There were no obvious signs of sexual assault, the medical examiner reported, and there were no drugs other than caffeine in her system.
Why would Brad say on day one that she had on a t-shirt? I don't think one goes running in a halter top. Not me, anyway.

...and for how long does caffeine stay in the bloodstream? Would caffeine from coffee/soda the night before still be present... or, would it require her to have had something more recent (ie, in the morning).

The half life of caffine in a healthy human is approximately 4 hours, however in women taking oral contraceptives this can be increased to 5 to 10 hours for the half life.

No signs of sexual assault, yet the killer strangled her and removed all clothing except a halter top before dumping her body in the back of a construction site ?

Yea right.
Guilty as sin

I thought I read it to say no obvious trauma, but that there was significant decomposition (perhaps masking what would otherwise be there), as well as an assault kit was still used [presumably standard practice though] (and CCBI has those results).

The half life of caffine in a healthy human is approximately 4 hours, however in women taking oral contraceptives this can be increased to 5 to 10 hours for the half life.

Thanks! Does this imply (unless she was taking oral contraceptives), that she either had something caffeinated right before (supposedly) going to sleep on Friday... OR... she had something caffeinated before going for for the Saturday AM "run"?

Why would Brad say on day one that she had on a t-shirt? I don't think one goes running in a halter top. Not me, anyway.

The description (in the report itself) sounds more like a "sports-bra" to me. ME used the qualifier "athletic" in their description.

I thought I read it to say no obvious trauma, but that there was significant decomposition (perhaps masking what would otherwise be there), as well as an assault kit was still used [presumably standard practice though] (and CCBI has those results).
Yes, you are correct
The rape kit was turned over to the SBI in July.
There was so much decomposition and maggot infestation in the genital area nothing would be obvious.

Thanks! Does this imply (unless she was taking oral contraceptives), that she either had something caffeinated right before (supposedly) going to sleep on Friday... OR... she had something caffeinated before going for for the Saturday AM "run"?

Dunno - I'm sure LE will be talking to friends to find out when she ate and drank at the party as well as when. The amount of caffine may or may not be telling dependent on both concentration and last known intake. We don't know that.

Dunno - I'm sure LE will be talking to friends to find out when she ate and drank at the party as well as when.

Right... I wonder if this the first time LE would have seen the report details also? Hopefully LE has already interviewed folks from the party and asked for observations (what they saw her eating, drinking, etc). They can cross reference (now) I guess with the ME report details.

Right... I wonder if this the first time LE would have seen the report details also? Hopefully LE has already interviewed folks from the party and asked for observations (what they saw her eating, drinking, etc). They can cross reference (now) I guess with the ME report details.

Did you note who was present during the autopsy ? LE had a representative there - they would have known on the 15th of July what the stomach contents were if any were detected.

I'm interested in a correlation of this onion fragment in her stomach to whatever that 'green/brown vegetable matter' is that was found on/in the BMW 325i. If there is 'onion' in that green/brown matter then it can be linked to NC's stomach contents.

Also, a 1.3" mark across the front of her neck does not look like strangulation using hands or a cord. I'm thinking pillow over the face plus something was used against the front of her throat to either take her down or exert enough force -- enough to create a vertical fracture of her hyoid bone.

Pink toenail polish was noted in the autopsy. However, whether any toenail or portion of a toenail was missing was not mentioned. (remember CPD found what they described as a 'pink nail' and took it into evidence.).

ETA: "Some caked clay like dirt is present along the medial surface of the left upper leg, knee and lower leg." I wonder if this is indicative of dragging to her final spot?

Also, a 1.3" mark across the front of her neck does not look like strangulation using hands or a cord. I'm thinking pillow over the face plus something was used against the front of her throat to either take her down or exert enough force -- enough to create a vertical fracture of her hyoid bone.
I wish we knew more about the WIDTH of the mark. Could it be a thumb? Or something thinner? Was it a scratch or a bruise? Not enough info.

I know. It's described as a 'faint linear mark.' The hand drawing just shows a thin line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76