777 users online (102 members and 675 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Sub-Tropical Storm Laura Has Formed

Subtropical Storm Laura has became better organized Monday and taking on more tropical characteristics. There is some indication that this system is becoming more warm-cored, which means it may already be a tropical storm. As of 11 p.m., EDT, Laura is located along 39.0 N and 48.4 W, or about 585 miles south-southeast of Cape Race, Newfoundland. Laura has maximum sustained winds of 60 mph and is moving north near 9 mph. The minimum pressure is estimated at 995 mb, or 29.38 inches. Laura may still strengthen before moving into cooler waters and transition into more of an extratropical system. Laura is not a threat to land areas for at least the next couple of days.
    Also.....An area of showers and thunderstorms in the eastern Gulf Of Mexico will cross central and south Florida overnight Monday into Tuesday. This is associated with a weak low level trough and an upper level disturbance. While this area will not develop into any tropical cyclone, it will produce locally very heavy rain with rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with local amounts in excess of 6 inches.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...basin=atlantic

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Wow--it is late in the year for these storms! I know the season technically has not ended yet but I am still not used to seeing these storms so late!

Quote Originally Posted by LinetteH View Post
    Wow--it is late in the year for these storms! I know the season technically has not ended yet but I am still not used to seeing these storms so late!
    Remember in 2005 we ran out of alphabetical names and had to start using the Roman numerals for names. I so hope the storms of this season cease, quickly... don't need a 2005 repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Remember in 2005 we ran out of alphabetical names and had to start using the Roman numerals for names. I so hope the storms of this season cease, quickly... don't need a 2005 repeat.
    Oh yea, I definitely remember that! It was a horrible year!