748 users online (62 members and 686 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 143
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476

    VA - Genevieve 'Gini' Orange, 29, raped & murdered, Falls Church, 25 Sept 2008

    -snip
    Police identified the woman on Friday as Genevieve Paulette Orange, 29, and they say it appears she died from blunt force trauma injuries to her upper body. -snip



    http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...7&provider=top

    Detectives ask anyone with information that could help this investigation, to contact Fairfax County Police Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS.

  2. #2
    Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Unknown Zone
    Posts
    523
    Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by LatteDa View Post
    Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?
    Not that I could find, thus the thread
    This is close to one of my undergrad roomies so she called me about it.
    It is disturbing for sure.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476

    ABC article

    http://b.wjla.com/showstory.hrb?f=n&s=556678&f1=loc

    snip-

    Police were called to check on the welfare of Genevieve Paulette Orange, who lives at the Prestwick Apartment building in the 6100 block of Leesburg Pike, a complex just east of Seven Corners -snip

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    "blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....

  6. #6
    EmMomma's Avatar
    EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,980
    I heard about this on NG last night.
    She's so beautiful...I hope LE can crack this one quickly!
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

    "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

    Edward Everett Hale

  7. #7
    Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Unknown Zone
    Posts
    523
    Blink34, thanks for starting this thread and may your roomie from the past be safe.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    any updates? And bump.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    435
    This is my first post back after a long absence.

    Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
    This is my first post back after a long absence.

    Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.
    K-
    So, your freaking me out on 3 levels, I started this thread, I was just researching any news on her case when your post popped up, and I am reading Atlas Shrugged at the moment and I noticed your siggy.
    I'll take that as a sign.

    Let's get this lovely young woman some justice.
    This is the guestbook from her memorial:

    http://www.legacy.com/augustachronic...73952&PageNo=4

    There is almost no info on her case. It has been my experience, when that is the case, in general, it is somone the victim knows. Which, I personally believe is the case. I have seen the family and LE refuse to discuss who she might have been dating. Anyone?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    435
    Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

    I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

    What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

    Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
    Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

    I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

    What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

    Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.
    That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

    Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    435
    Blink wrote:

    "That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

    Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."


    Then we are friends, indeed! :-) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

    I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

    I am hoping this will be solved very soon.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
    Blink wrote:

    "That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

    Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."

    Then we are friends, indeed! :-) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

    I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

    I am hoping this will be solved very soon.
    I actually read about him as "pointed out" by some folks on a posted comments section after an article. Sometimes they can be very informative, as people can be for the most part anonymous. No forced entry, and I have heard Le and the family "no comment" on where she worked and whether she was dating someone.
    I am praying for this family as well, I do take comfort that Gini is with her Dad. I could really live without seeing this kind of injustice to such a beautiful and promising young woman.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    "blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....
    Hey nursey
    Im curious how you got to hammer attack, what else can we come up with if we think it is someone who knew her..

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY SD - Kari Kirkegaard, 56, raped & murdered, Sioux Falls, 16 March 2014
    By Jacie Estes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 01:09 PM
  2. SD - Larisa Dumansky, 29, raped & murdered, Sioux Falls, 27 Aug 1994
    By rainwater in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 10:38 PM
  3. GUILTY SD - Jessica Delatorre, 8, raped & murdered, Sioux Falls, 9 April 2005
    By ariel7 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 11:16 PM
  4. GUILTY UK - Angelika Kluk, 23, raped & murdered at Glasgow church, 24 Sept 2006
    By Floh in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 10:58 AM

Tags for this Thread