748 users online (62 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA - Genevieve 'Gini' Orange, 29, raped & murdered, Falls Church, 25 Sept 2008

-snip
    Police identified the woman on Friday as Genevieve Paulette Orange, 29, and they say it appears she died from blunt force trauma injuries to her upper body. -snip

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...7&provider=top

Detectives ask anyone with information that could help this investigation, to contact Fairfax County Police Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?

Quote Originally Posted by LatteDa View Post
    Wow! She is beautiful and so young. I saw this mentioned on the Today show this morning. I thought there would be more here at WS mentioning this murder. Is it posted somewhere else here too?
    Not that I could find, thus the thread
    This is close to one of my undergrad roomies so she called me about it.
    It is disturbing for sure.

ABC article

http://b.wjla.com/showstory.hrb?f=n&s=556678&f1=loc

snip-

Police were called to check on the welfare of Genevieve Paulette Orange, who lives at the Prestwick Apartment building in the 6100 block of Leesburg Pike, a complex just east of Seven Corners -snip

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    "blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I heard about this on NG last night.
    She's so beautiful...I hope LE can crack this one quickly!
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Blink34, thanks for starting this thread and may your roomie from the past be safe.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    any updates? And bump.....

This is my first post back after a long absence.

Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
    This is my first post back after a long absence.

Gini's mother and I worked at the same company some years ago and I have such an interest in seeing this murder solved quickly. I check every day to see if any progress has been made in the investigation and, so far, nothing has popped up.
    K-
    So, your freaking me out on 3 levels, I started this thread, I was just researching any news on her case when your post popped up, and I am reading Atlas Shrugged at the moment and I noticed your siggy.
    I'll take that as a sign.

Let's get this lovely young woman some justice.
    This is the guestbook from her memorial:

http://www.legacy.com/augustachronic...73952&PageNo=4

There is almost no info on her case. It has been my experience, when that is the case, in general, it is somone the victim knows. Which, I personally believe is the case. I have seen the family and LE refuse to discuss who she might have been dating. Anyone?

Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

Blink, I, too, am thinking this is likely someone that Gini knows. I Googled the place where she was renting her apartment, and it's a very nice mid-rise building. It's five floors. The bottom contains a lobby, party room, workout room, laundry facility, and the offices. It has restricted access, so this wasn't some random creep wandering about seeking whom he may attack. I am speculating that it was a boyfriend, someone who wanted to be a boyfriend, and not just a friend, or someone who used to be a boyfriend and didn't like the 'used to be' part. Both her family and the police are being very, very silent on this.

I find it all but impossible to believe that a beautiful young woman like Gini Orange didn't have all sorts of men interested in her.

What makes this even sadder is that her father passed away in January of this year. This is the nicest, most respectable imaginable family.

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite novel in all the world of literature. I have read it several times and I am always sorry when I get to the end. Ayn Rand was a Russian immigrant and her books were published exactly as written as she wouldn't permit any editing. What an amazing mastery of the English language.
    That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see.

Blink wrote:

"That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."

Then we are friends, indeed! :-) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

I am hoping this will be solved very soon.
    A is A - Ayn Rand

Blink wrote:

"That settles that, we are friends. Although permit me to say I have been working diligently (swap in obsessively) on another case, and Gini's case was brought to my attn by a former undergrad roomie of mine. So I am on page like 150, with eager anticipation though..

Have you read any threads or blogs on Gini's murder? I have seen several indicating she had a large boyfriend, not that her fam knew him but that he was present enough for the other tenants to see."

Then we are friends, indeed! :-) I hope you love Atlas as much as I do!!

I have not seen the information about the boyfriend. It doesn't mean her family knew him or even knew about him, but if he was there enough to draw the attention of other residents, it must have been a fairly serious and on going relationship. There was no mention of anything like a boyfriend or a fiance in Gini's obituary. Sometimes there will be and I wondered if she was seriously seeing anyone. Also, I read an account of a church sevice that was held the Sunday after Gini was murdered and there was no mention of a boyfriend, large or otherwise. I am thinking he was not there. If, in fact, he exists, it seems odd that he wasn't there. There was mention of Gini's mother, Marilyn, and her friends, but no mention of anything like a boyfriend.

I am hoping this will be solved very soon.
    I actually read about him as "pointed out" by some folks on a posted comments section after an article. Sometimes they can be very informative, as people can be for the most part anonymous. No forced entry, and I have heard Le and the family "no comment" on where she worked and whether she was dating someone.
    I am praying for this family as well, I do take comfort that Gini is with her Dad. I could really live without seeing this kind of injustice to such a beautiful and promising young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    "blunt force trauma to the upper body" vs just the head sounds like a hammer attack (????) I hope this is solved quickly....
    Hey nursey
    Im curious how you got to hammer attack, what else can we come up with if we think it is someone who knew her..

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast