Orange County Commission meeting - listen now

One commissioner is suggesting 'no parking' signs. He also suggested the HOA pay for and turn on sprinklers (on the protesters)

Sorry, the meeting already adjorned. Mods, please delete thread if you think it should be deleted.

Oh, supposedly WESH stated that the A's will make a statement. Not definite tho. But media was there recording the meeting and minutes will be available online as soon as they're posted on the site (no idea when that might be but it shouldn't be too long).

No decisions were made. The commission is still looking into 1st amendment rights.

Thanks What's:blowkiss:

I saw Nejame on wesh 2 saying some pretty judgmental stuff about the protesters whom he calls miscreants....
Seems the Anthony's agreed to hold vigil in a church. Cannot link yet , it was just on like a minute ago.

These people make me sicker by the day. It is okay their daughter is a lier, probably murderer, but people cannot protest that she is out of jail. According to NeJames, they are miscreants, but she is a stellar role model, wonderful, caring mother, who just oops misplaced her child.

Thanks What's:blowkiss:

I saw Nejame on wesh 2 saying some pretty judgmental stuff about the protesters whom he calls miscreants....
Seems the Anthony's agreed to hold vigil in a church. Cannot link yet , it was just on like a minute ago.

They need to quit holding vigils and hold a memorial.

Had to do it, off topic, but just noticed I had 999 posts, so this one makes 1000, never thought I would have that many posts. Guess this family really makes me want to voice my opinion.

One commissioner is suggesting 'no parking' signs. He also suggested the HOA pay for and turn on sprinklers (on the protesters)

No parking signs for protestors? How would that work on the sidewalk.

So silly, turn on the sprinklers on them. I bet it's so hot in FL,most of them would love the cooling off.

Tell the county commissioner the problem would go away if she would be returned to her little jail cell.

Well, isn't that special. I honestly do not see why this family is so privileged, why do so many people help them? So, this family is costing taxpayers 4000 a week to protect them so that Casey can be out on bond. Makes me literally sick.
http://www.wesh.com/news/17596969/detail.html
http://www.wesh.com/news/17596969/detail.html

Caylee Anthony is ready to negotiate with some angry neighbors.

They agreed to move their Sunday night prayer vigils away from their home.

Homeowners in the neighborhood where the Anthonys live went before Orange County commissioners on Tuesday in search of help.

The commission agreed things had gotten out of hand outside the family's home, but a request to hire off-duty deputies to patrol the neighborhood was defeated.

Instead, the Orange County Sheriff's Office will place two on-duty deputies at the home during prime-time hours.

"We've pulled those deputies out of the violent crime areas, so there is a cost to this of more than just money. We're doing the best we can and responding to every call out there," Sgt. Mike Crab said.

Casey Anthony is expected to travel to her attorney's office at around 10 a.m. Wednesday.

That is just outrageous to put on duty officers to patrol over there. The Anthony's are the ones that are causing this problem-they should be the ones to pay for it. How fast do you think they'd put Casey back in jail if they had to pay 4 grand a week? That would suck up those donations real quick. There are other neighborhoods that sure could use 24 hour patrol to keep down crime--this really frosts my shorts.

That is just outrageous to put on duty officers to patrol over there. The Anthony's are the ones that are causing this problem-they should be the ones to pay for it. How fast do you think they'd put Casey back in jail if they had to pay 4 grand a week? That would suck up those donations real quick. There are other neighborhoods that sure could use 24 hour patrol to keep down crime--this really frosts my shorts.

You and me both. I wonder if anybody on the people's side is at these meetings to say things such as why should the public pay for the A's safety. It seems so one-sided to me. I wish I was there, I would go to one of these meetings.

Gigi, My garments are equally chilled, by this spending money, our money on an easily solved situation.,:furious: :dervish:

ZooMom, congrats on 1000!!! Keep it coming.:partyguy::blowkiss:

Gigi, My garments are equally chilled, by this spending money, our money on an easily solved situation.,:furious: :dervish:

ZooMom, congrats on 1000!!! Keep it coming.:partyguy::blowkiss:

I don't live in Orange County but if I did I would be writing those County Commissioners!! :furious:

The Anthonys had a choice whether to bond Casey out and to allow her to stay in their house -- and they still have that choice. People that live in those high-crime neighborhoods don't have a choice, especially the children. I just hope no children get hurt and that there's no delay in response to any calls for help in the areas from which they're pulling officers so that the Anthonys can have their own personal law enforcement detail at their home. I bet a lot of folks in those crime-ridden neighborhoods would appreciate guards on a nightly basis to ensure their safety, too.

If I lived in that county, I'd definitely voice my opinion to the sheriff. Why do the three people living in that house deserve more consideration than an entire high-violence area neighborhood -- especially when the situation is of the citizens' own doing in this instance.

Wonder how many kids have to walk home from school or the bus stop alone in those neighborhoods...or how many have to stay home alone while the parent(s) work and are frightened for their own safety. I think it's a ridiculous waste of resources to give the Anthonys preferential treatment in this way. Just let them call for help if they need it, like everyone else has to do. If that isn't good enough for them, they know how to cure the problem.

The Anthonys had a choice whether to bond Casey out and to allow her to stay in their house -- and they still have that choice. People that live in those high-crime neighborhoods don't have a choice, especially the children. I just hope no children get hurt and that there's no delay in response to any calls for help in the areas from which they're pulling officers so that the Anthonys can have their own personal law enforcement detail at their home. I bet a lot of folks in those crime-ridden neighborhoods would appreciate guards on a nightly basis to ensure their safety, too.

If I lived in that county, I'd definitely voice my opinion to the sheriff. Why do the three people living in that house deserve more consideration than an entire high-violence area neighborhood -- especially when the situation is of the citizens' own doing in this instance.

Wonder how many kids have to walk home from school or the bus stop alone in those neighborhoods...or how many have to stay home alone while the parent(s) work and are frightened for their own safety. I think it's a ridiculous waste of resources to give the Anthonys preferential treatment in this way. Just let them call for help if they need it, like everyone else has to do. If that isn't good enough for them, they know how to cure the problem.

It would be very simple to free the security officers up. Tell the protestors to go home and then they wouldn't be needed at the Anthonys.

(Handing you a blow dryer to unfrost your shorts) I agree to pull officers from higher crime areas to post at the A home is beyond ridiculous, but they have to do what they have to do. LE has to be proactive for the neighbors in this situation, imo. Legally, they are getting a raw deal trying to save their neighborhood and lifestyles. I feel sorry for them getting all caught up in this with no recourse against the A fam or the law. The neighbors aren't harboring a person of interest in the disappearance of a child, but it seems they are being held "hostage" just the same.

I see that MN has decided to do the "right thing" and move the vigil. :rolleyes: Haven't we been saying this for weeks now?! They don't need a high priced criminal attorney to tell them it is foolish to hold that vigil in their driveway because it only encourages drama. Sheesh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back