GUILTY Canada - Emily Stauffer, 14, murdered, Edson, AB, 27 Sept 2008

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Scary Stuff. Thanks to Dr. "Jerkberg" who e-mailed me this story.

Second female attacked on Edson walking path
Michelle Butterfield, Calgary Herald
Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Edson RCMP are asking citizens to stay off the town walking paths, after a woman was attacked by an unknown male, just three days after 14-year-old Emily Stauffer was found murdered on the same path.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=324427b1-1bef-48eb-9983-7fe156308ff0

Thanks Tricia, The little 14 year old was murdered on this path but this latest woman escaped and I hope she did get a look at him and I hope and pray they catch this murderer once and for all. I would not be surprised if he has more than one or two victims.

Here is a local link to Edmonton www.lastlinkontheleft.ca with regular updates on what many are now calling Deadmonton.

Turns out the woman made the whole story up:

Police discount story of second Edson attack
Ben Gelinas, Edmonton Journal
Published: Sunday, October 05, 2008
Mayor Greg Pasychny says he, like many people he's talked to in his west Alberta community of Edson, is distressed.

He doesn't understand why -- in the wake of the recent killing of a teen on a walking trail -- a local woman made up a story that she, too, had been attacked.

Turns out the woman made the whole story up:

Police discount story of second Edson attack
Ben Gelinas, Edmonton Journal
Published: Sunday, October 05, 2008
Mayor Greg Pasychny says he, like many people he's talked to in his west Alberta community of Edson, is distressed.

He doesn't understand why -- in the wake of the recent killing of a teen on a walking trail -- a local woman made up a story that she, too, had been attacked.

What a terrible thing to do :furious: Is she nuts or just looking for attention!

Edson is a city in Northern Alberta, it has maybe 8 thousand residents. It is no where near Calgary, and about 2 hours West of Edmonton (or 200 kilometres away). If you are at all familiar with Alberta this small community is on the main highway heading to Jasper (a major tourist destination) but still about 2 hours from Jasper. Although the Calgary Herald and Edmonton Journal are reporting it as they are the two major cities in Alberta.

Because it is such a tiny community and it was broad daylight attack is why it is receiving such coverage in Edmonton and Calgary (and everywhere in Alberta).

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2008/10/04/edson-fake.html

The police's use of "frivolous" and "circumstances" makes me believe perhaps the heightened fear in this town caused this girl to exaggerate or fear an incident that perhaps wasn't as traumatic as it became in her head. If it was an out and out cry for attention she should be charged.

The Deadmonton comment. . . local dissing. Not at all related to this case.

Sounds like the 2nd "victim" has mental issues.

http://newlumps.blogspot.com/2008/09/emily-joy-stauffer.html

She is truly an innocent victim. It has turned Edson upside down (btw, Edson has nothing to do with Calgary besides it being in the same province lol) Everyone in town has been affected by this, it's probably the worst thing that has ever happened here.

Please spread the word and hopefully we will get justice for Emily, who should be home with her family. The path she was walking on was very close to homes and I have heard that she was seen at least 15 minutes before whe was attacked alive and well and listening to headphones.

If you are on Facebook, look up the group RIP Emily Joy Stauffer. In the discussion boards aside from the main wall there are wonderful posts about who this girl was. She would've grown to be someone even more astonishing than who she was already.

Please don't forget Emily, I will post more details later :)

Emily sounds like she comes from a very good family. How terribly sad for them. That poor child.

Does anyone have any recent updates on this case? I can't find anything on the web.

The name of the section of that site is Deadmonton, if you look at the page the link goes to.

More about the guy arrested for the murder ....Kleman works as an equipment operator at the town's public works office. On his Facebook page, he identifies himself as an avid churchgoer with a passion for gospel music.

He wrote that he loves hiking and swimming, "but most of all, helping people when possible." He lists his favourite book as the Bible.

"Some call me lazy and some call me crazy," he writes on Facebook. "You tell me what you think and if you can't decide, ask my wife. . . . Ha ha ha!"

Photos posted on his site show various hiking trips taken with his spouse

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=1031488

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni