MI MI - Tangena Hussain, 3, Detroit, 2 Oct 2008

Beffie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17613777/detail.html

Last seen by moms boyfriend who was babysitting while her mom worked. He went into gas station to buy two packs of juicy fruit gum. Tried to pay with debit card, but card had no money. Witnesses said he acted nervous, when he went out to his car the girl was gone.

No one seen the little girl at the gas station.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17613777/detail.html

Last seen by moms boyfriend who was babysitting while her mom worked. He went into gas station to buy two packs of juicy fruit gum. Tried to pay with debit card, but card had no money. Witnesses said he acted nervous, when he went out to his car the girl was gone.

No one seen the little girl at the gas station.

Does not make sense to me.
Who stops in a gas station to buy 2 packs of gum and leaves a child in the car? Especially when he was about to pick up Mom?

I just do not understand leaving a child in the care of a boyfriend, it seems daily there is something bad in the news.

Bless this childs little innocent heart......

Somethings not right here. Where there any security camera's at the gas station? PP, you're right, he would not have left the station. He would have stayed right there, called LE and the mother at work. Any witness's to place the child at the gas station?

The article states that LE were unable to determine whether or not the girl was in the car from the surveillance tapes.

The article states that LE were unable to determine whether or not the girl was in the car from the surveillance tapes.

That is what I thought at first, too. Then my husband reminded me that on the tapes it would of showed if anyone approached the car or if the little girl got out of the car.

The below quote is what's got my hinky meter going.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=c1f966fa-b615-4d10-b7ea-460bebca37b7

(snip)
Witnesses say the boyfriend did not spend time looking for the girl, but that he went to pick up her mother from work and brought her back to the station to search.

I do not know how I would act in that situation, but this also struck me as odd

Witnesses described the mother as being "hysterical," screaming "I was at work!" while she searched.

Why is she stating she was at work??

That is what I thought at first, too. Then my husband reminded me that on the tapes it would of showed if anyone approached the car or if the little girl got out of the car.

That's what I thought too. Was she in a car seat? I hope so..... think about it, a perp would have to not only open the door, but also get the kid out of the car seat. Surely this would have been caught on a security tape.

I don't have a good feeling about this one... sounds like he made the stop to have a place for the child to be lost.

I doubt that child was in the car when he pulled into the gas station. He didn't lose her. He killed her, then ditched the body somewhere. Maybe she was "getting in the way" of his relationship with the mother....

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081003/METRO01/810030421/1409/METRO

After reporting the girl missing, the had gone back to the gas station and looked for the missing child, gas station patron Michelle King, told Detroit News reporting partner WXYZ-TV (Channel 7). King said the mother seemed distraught, but the boyfriend seemed calm.

"He had no expression on his face," King said of the boyfriend. "It was like nothing was wrong."

Investigators talked with area residents but have turned up no witnesses, police said.

Thanks,
Soulscape

This reminds me so much of Lenoria Jones. Her aunt (I believe) said that she disappeared with her inside a Target store. However, the security tapes showed that the aunt entered the store alone. The next thing to watch for is a change of stories.

The mother was probably screaming "I was at work!" to try and make sure everyone knew she didn't have anything to do with this. However, if it can't be established that little Tangena was ever at that gas station, her "alibi" goes out the window. Either that or something happened to the girl while she was at work, and the boyfriend told the mother, and she was hysterical because she was at work and couldn't do anything about it.

Something isn't right here. I just pray that it's not as bad as we are all thinking.

From Soulscapes link...

The authorities were not contacted until the mother's boss told her she should do so, police said.

Huh? Mom had to be advised to contact LE her child was missing? How did mom get to work? Did the BF also drive mom to work? Shouldn't the daughter then be seen on any survellience tape when mom was dropped off at work?

I could understand the mom screaming I was at work... but if it were me, that screaming would be followed with something along the lines of yelling at the B about whatever is story included...

I hope this little girl is found ok.... and he really just lost her, but it doesn't sound good.

ETA: according to the link Soulscape posted, BF also told LE his car was locked when he was at the gas station.

The boyfriend supposedly had the child in the car when he dropped the Mom off at work (at the Northland Mall) around 2 pm. I would think the Mom could confirm whether that was true.

So... the BF had the girl at 2pm but "lost her" at the gas station around 9:30 pm (some news reports say 9:00 pm).

I strongly doubt the child was kidnapped at the gas station. I say something happened to that baby between 2pm and 9 pm ---- and the BF was responsible. Actually, I do believe he killed her....

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081003/METRO01/810030421

A 27-year-old Hamtramck man said he left his girlfriend's daughter, Tangena Hussain, in the back seat of a red, 1997 four-door Geo Prizm while he went inside the Marathon gas station at 20500 Greenfield Road, near Eight Mile in Detroit, to buy gum, according to a Michigan State Police Amber alert.

When he returned, the girl was gone, Detroit police said. The man did not check the area for the girl, police said. The man told investigators his car was locked at the time the girl went missing.

The man and Tangena were on their way to pick up Tangena's 24-year-old mother, also a Hamtramck resident, from work at Northland Mall. The boyfriend had the child when he dropped his girlfriend off at work about 2 p.m., police said.

After discovering the girl was gone, the boyfriend drove to the mall and picked up Tangena's mother, police said. The authorities were not contacted until the mother's boss told her she should do so, police said.

Thanks,
Soulscape

The boyfriend supposedly had the child in the car when he dropped the Mom off at work (at the Northland Mall) around 2 pm. I would think the Mom could confirm whether that was true.

So... the BF had the girl at 2pm but "lost her" at the gas station around 9:30 pm (some news reports say 9:00 pm).

I strongly doubt the child was kidnapped at the gas station. I say something happened to that baby between 2pm and 9 pm ---- and the BF was responsible. Actually, I do believe he killed her....

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081003/METRO01/810030421

A 27-year-old Hamtramck man said he left his girlfriend's daughter, Tangena Hussain, in the back seat of a red, 1997 four-door Geo Prizm while he went inside the Marathon gas station at 20500 Greenfield Road, near Eight Mile in Detroit, to buy gum, according to a Michigan State Police Amber alert.

When he returned, the girl was gone, Detroit police said. The man did not check the area for the girl, police said. The man told investigators his car was locked at the time the girl went missing.

The man and Tangena were on their way to pick up Tangena's 24-year-old mother, also a Hamtramck resident, from work at Northland Mall. The boyfriend had the child when he dropped his girlfriend off at work about 2 p.m., police said.

After discovering the girl was gone, the boyfriend drove to the mall and picked up Tangena's mother, police said. The authorities were not contacted until the mother's boss told her she should do so, police said.

Thanks,
Soulscape

My bold. Sadly, it does sound that way. We read this all too often with these boyfriends. WTF is wrong with women? I'm a single mother, and IF I were interested in dating, it would be a long long time before my son met any man I was dating.

They just interviewed the mother on the news. Poor lady, she said when her boyfriend picked her up she asked where her daughter was and he said come with me. He took her to the gas station and told her her daughter was missing. Girlfriend asked why he didn't call the police and he said he wanted to get her first...he was scared. I will post a link when they put it up if they put it up. I just watched www.wdiv.com

She said her daughter can get out of the car herself, but she never leaves her sandals and her sandals were still in the car.

That little girl is gorgeous.

A 2 year old can get out of a locked car by herself? The bf said the car was locked. His behavior is bizarre. I'll be surprised if he hasn't had anything to do with this. I hope she's okay, though, but it looks bad.

The baby has a burn on her lip? How did that happen??

Mom reported baby missing on advice of her boss. Was the boss at the gas station?

Lived with boyfriend for 5 months.....and puts her baby in his care. I will never understand why women would do this....

Major hinkey meter alarms over this one, and I also wonder about that new burn. It doesn't add up whatsoever.

Bump. Nothing new yet that I see this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back