If an Intruder...

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread, so pulled this out for comment by those of you who are in the IDI camp.

Do you think he knew the Rs? Do you think he had prior knowledge of the yard and house?

And finally, wouldn't he be fearful of spending so much time in a house where the parents were present, on Christmas night?

IMO

Nehemiah said:
wouldn't he be fearful of spending so much time in a house where the parents were present, on Christmas night?
Posted by Spade on another thread - From the Bonita papers:

"The opinion expressed by the CASKU team at the first meeting was that the kidnapping story was not credible based upon the utter illogic of an intruder's actions and behavior."

I am a "mostly" IDI person. I think that, yes, the intruder knew the Ramseys, and yes was familiar with the house. I think he/she/it was also very familiar with the family's habits and was pretty sure that in the basement nothing would be heard by parents 3 floors away.

That said, I believe that that intruder could very well have been JAR,

Arielle said:
That said, I believe that that intruder could very well have been JAR,
Well, if we're counting JAR as an "intruder," that's an IDI theory I consider a possibility, with Ramsey coverup.

How could it have been JAR? I've never been able to figure that one out. He was out of town, wasn't he?

Gotta go...10.5 part 2 is on. I can't wait to find out if Seattle comes through okay. lol

AutumnBorn said:
How could it have been JAR? I've never been able to figure that one out. He was out of town, wasn't he?

Gotta go...10.5 part 2 is on. I can't wait to find out if Seattle comes through okay. lol

TLynn and MJenn (I don't know if they are still posters or not) completely convinced me with a realistic timeline of how JAR could have been in Boulder in time to do the deed and back in Atlanta the following morning. For me, it was pretty much the thing that convinced me. Also, I don't see that there was much coverup at all until after the trip to Atlanta for the funeral. That, to me, shows that John was able to speak to his ex-wife about JARs whereabouts and with JAR to discuss what might have happened. it was at this point that the ex-wife and the kids got their own lawyers on John's tab.

As for JAR being an "intruder", he wasn't one of the known 4 people in the house that night. Therefore, he was an intruder.

I think the intruder was female, not yet 16, she wore her hat turned up all around and as far back on her head as it could possibly go, she was famous for her vowel sounds, to her pineapple had the authentic taste and appearance of happiness, she had embarked on a course of research which they called "research," piecing together clues from remembered conversations illicitly overheard, and passages from big dictionaries, she was sometimes embarrassed by her mother, she had the feeling of leading a double life, she will one day go too far, she will never be the creme de la creme, she couldn't remember how to spell `possession', she was fascinated by this method of making patterns, where there was a choice of various courses, the most economical was the best, and that the course to be taken was the most expedient and most suitable at the time for all the objects at hand, she had insight, she could be confided in, she will make an excellent Secret Service agent, a great spy, she had a talent for psychology, her talent was to kill without conscience.

BrotherMoon said:
I think the intruder was female, not yet 16, she wore her hat turned up all around and as far back on her head as it could possibly go, she was famous for her vowel sounds, to her pineapple had the authentic taste and appearance of happiness, she had embarked on a course of research which they called "research," piecing together clues from remembered conversations illicitly overheard, and passages from big dictionaries, she was sometimes embarrassed by her mother, she had the feeling of leading a double life, she will one day go too far, she will never be the creme de la creme, she couldn't remember how to spell `possession', she was fascinated by this method of making patterns, where there was a choice of various courses, the most economical was the best, and that the course to be taken was the most expedient and most suitable at the time for all the objects at hand, she had insight, she could be confided in, she will make an excellent Secret Service agent, a great spy, she had a talent for psychology, she was able to kill without conscience.

Brother Moon, are you dipping into the hallucinogenics? :eek: Stay focused on the topic.

Nehemiah said:
Brother Moon, are you dipping into the hallucinogenics? :eek: Stay focused on the topic.

Those lines are from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie. They describe Sandy Stranger. They are also similarities with Patsy and the author of the ransom note.

The persona complex in the image of Sandy Stranger IS the intruder. It intruded on Patsy's mind. Sandy is the intruder, Sandy is the author of the note, Sandy is the killer.

Some day I just may have tp read the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Perhaps it will enlighten me.

Robert Ressler: The Denver Post 1/31/97

The killer was "part of the "immediate circle" of people surrounding the home. That circle would include her immediate family, neighbors, friends of the family, Ramsey houseworkers, adolescent boys who live in the neighborhood or members of her stepbrother's nearby fraternity house... the person knows the child. . .

And I think the entire kidnap note, the garrote, the rope, the whole thing I think was a staging to cover up the true motivation and to cover the identity of the person that did the crime." ... Why, asked Ressler, was the killer so
comfortable in a home where he or she could write practice and ransom notes,fashion a garrote, kill a little girl and move her body around with impunity? "Why did he feel he had the luxury of spending that much time in the house and not being caught by someone who lived there?"

The person who killed JonBenet did not mean to kill her, and then panicked afterwards,writing a bogus ransom note in an effort to throw the police off, said Ressler... "You are talking about a person that didn't know what they were doing in the first place, did something very stupid and then tried to cover their tracks and in doing so has just left a lot of directions to follow," said Ressler... Ressler believes that the killer is not a "career" child molester or predator who has stalked kids all of his adult life. Nor are police dealing with a kidnapper. During a visit to Boulder last weekend, Ressler visited the Ramsey house and was struck by the fact there was a tree house in the backyard where neighborhood kids could congregate.

"One of the things you have to consider with that garrote and everything is a neighborhood person - an adolescent," said Ressler... Ressler said that police also have to look at members of the fraternity that John Andrew Ramsey JonBenet's half-brother belonged to. "If the son had associates that he knew in the frat house I would certainly be looking at everybody in that frat house who had access to the house," said Ressler. "Living that close, it just stands to reason that the son must have brought friends home."

Ressler On The Ransom note

"This business of getting a good night's rest because the next days are going to be trying, all these things are just above and beyond a kidnapper," Ressler said.

The language sounds like it comes from a college-educated mature female. But I'm not saying that it is Mrs. Ramsey," he said.

Ressler said the writing points to a woman because "men aren't that caring. They really don't care."

Did JAR have a girlfriend? Maybe she wrote the ransom note. :eek:

Shawna said:
Robert Ressler: The Denver Post 1/31/97

The killer was "part of the "immediate circle" of people surrounding the home. That circle would include her immediate family, neighbors, friends of the family, Ramsey houseworkers, adolescent boys who live in the neighborhood or members of her stepbrother's nearby fraternity house... the person knows the child. . .

And I think the entire kidnap note, the garrote, the rope, the whole thing I think was a staging to cover up the true motivation and to cover the identity of the person that did the crime." ... Why, asked Ressler, was the killer so
comfortable in a home where he or she could write practice and ransom notes,fashion a garrote, kill a little girl and move her body around with impunity? "Why did he feel he had the luxury of spending that much time in the house and not being caught by someone who lived there?"

The person who killed JonBenet did not mean to kill her, and then panicked afterwards,writing a bogus ransom note in an effort to throw the police off, said Ressler... "You are talking about a person that didn't know what they were doing in the first place, did something very stupid and then tried to cover their tracks and in doing so has just left a lot of directions to follow," said Ressler... Ressler believes that the killer is not a "career" child molester or predator who has stalked kids all of his adult life. Nor are police dealing with a kidnapper. During a visit to Boulder last weekend, Ressler visited the Ramsey house and was struck by the fact there was a tree house in the backyard where neighborhood kids could congregate.

"One of the things you have to consider with that garrote and everything is a neighborhood person - an adolescent," said Ressler...

Ressler On The Ransom note

"This business of getting a good night's rest because the next days are going to be trying, all these things are just above and beyond a kidnapper," Ressler said.

The language sounds like it comes from a college-educated mature female. But I'm not saying that it is Mrs. Ramsey," he said.

Ressler said the writing points to a woman because "men aren't that caring. They really don't care."

Did JAR have a girlfriend? Maybe she wrote the ransom note. :eek:

The best suspect in the case, IMO, frequented the neighborhood around the Ramsey's house. He had gotten used to being a criminal, and probably had a stun gun which would give him a min. of 6-8 seconds to escape if conf ronted by a family member. DEscribed as weird, unemployed, and a paranoid schizophrenic, his personality could appear adolescent and sexually might be hard to make out, with seemingly opposite expressions of friendlyness and hostility towards John. Paranoid Schizophrenics are often very intelligent. I disagree with Ressler about when the note was written.

vicktor said:
The best suspect in the case, IMO, frequented the neighborhood around the Ramsey's house. He had gotten used to being a criminal, and probably had a stun gun which would give him a min. of 6-8 seconds to escape if conf ronted by a family member. DEscribed as weird, unemployed, and a paranoid schizophrenic, his personality could appear adolescent and sexually might be hard to make out, with seemingly opposite expressions of friendlyness and hostility towards John. Paranoid Schizophrenics are often very intelligent. I disagree with Ressler about when the note was written.

Hi Vicktor, when do you think the note was written? So you think this guy has even been looked at as the possible murderer, or has he lived under the wire?

IMO

"Hold up your books," said Miss Brodie quite often that autumn, "prop them up in your hands, in case of intruders. If there are any intruders, we are doing our history lesson ...our poetry ... English grammar."

The word `education' comes from the root e from ex, out, and duco, I lead. It means a leading out. To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil's soul. To Miss Mackay it is a putting in of something that is not there, and that is not what I call education, I call it intrusion, from the Latin root prefix in meaning in and the stem trudo, I thrust.

We differ at root, the headmistress and I, upon the question whether we are employed to educate the minds of girls or to intrude upon them.

From The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

LISTEN to these experts. This is their stuff - their expertise. And all - but John Douglas who his peers were disappointed in and disagreed with - said the same things regarding the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. (J.Douglas' peers had GOOD reason to be rather shocked and disappointed in him. Douglas did NOT even follow the basic criteria in developing a profile of the killer that HE himself had designed in the first place! He did NOT have access for instance to all of the police files, reports, interviews and evidence in order to do a valid profile and assessment of the case. He was working for the Ramsey LAWYERS who brought him in - not the police. All he had to go on was what was FED to him by the Ramsey team. Shame on him!)

CASKU experts and other FBI profilers who had worked on HUNDREDS of cases of child murders and kidnappings agreed - JonBenet's killer was NOT some pervert intruder. It was someone who KNEW her, cared about her, did not intend to kill her but ended up doing so - and then panicked and staged the crime scene. End of story. It is not difficult to see with even the most basic of facts in this case.
It is the "ransom" letter that basically confirmed the obvious in this case.
And sunk the Ramsey plot.~

I'm not visiting the forum as much I used to - but, yes, JAR is at the top of my list.

My old computer had the whole JAR theory from beginning to end - it fit so well.

His being out of town is the biggie - However, there is a time difference between Georgia & Colorado - the plane that was supposed to be ready to leave first thing is the morning was NOT ready to leave when JR wanted to fly to Atlanta instead of Michigan. Archuletta said it would take about two hours. Why? Rescheduling a flight plan was not a reason. Refueling would be.

Archuletta was not available when called that morning...not at home, not at the airport. He had to call JR back.

The ATM receipt (time difference and may not have been him) even the alleged photo was not a clear picture of JAR - and whether him or not - the timeline is still workable.

From biggies - such as his semen being found at the crime scene...

And "Eye Witness" Neighbor Barnhill originally stating he saw JAR approach the house that day. Until, the Ramsey Detectives told him it wasn't....

To circumstantial things - such as only JR's side of the family getting legal represenation (JAR was protected from speaking to the police). JAR's strange "alibi" being with his friend all night, dropping off his car at friend's (to go to movie), picking it back up and his friend following in his car (now two cars) back to JAR's to spend the night - only for JAR to be up at 6 a.m. that morning. Doesn't make any sense, unless they're both wanting to be each other's alibi. Plus, he produces the movie stub & ATM receipt (weeks later) - what college kid keeps those things, etc.

So much more.

I have a suspicion that JAR may have been "caught" with JonBenet (hence, the "incest" in the dictionary) and the sudden change (three days) of Christmas to Michigan (JAR not allowed in the house anymore?) and his room no longer his, but called the "Guest Room" - and on and on...

TLynn, I remember all the work that you, MJenn, and Camper did on your theory. It was very persuasive and feasible. I can still buy into it.

IMO

Jayelles said:
According to John Ramsey's campaign website, JAR is now married:-

http://www.supportramsey.com

Oh, this is just a laugh. What was that about protecting your children's privacy, John, so you wrote in DOI that you thought people should never put "My child is an honor student at XXXX School" as bumper stickers on their cars? Good job, John. Now I know that Melinda has two children, and John Andrew's wife is named Jordan. Oh, and JAR works in Chicago at "a large accounting firm."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back