1069 users online (236 members and 833 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OK - Virginia Carter, 71, Duncan, Aug 2003

On Aug. 4, 2003, 71-year-old Virginia Carter was reported missing to the Duncan Police Department.

Five years later, her 1993 Mercury four-door Grand Marquis was found Sunday afternoon at the bottom of Duncan Lake with body remains inside by the Lawton Police Departmentís dive team.

Once the vehicle was removed from the lake, the stateís medical examiner took over the scene. He will analyze the remains through DNA and X-ray to verify the identity of the body.

http://www.duncanbanner.com/local/lo...279214915.html

Tim Miller was in Oklahoma for the funeral of Nakketa Smith and on an unrelated case, when LE asked him if he had any equipment that could help in locating Ms Carter. Tim was able to use the side scan sonar equipment that TES has to locate the car.

May the family finally be able to find some closure. RIP Virginia.
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

Bittersweet ending. Thank God for Tim Miller. But why did LE wait 5 years to ask him?

Thumbs up TX - Texas EquuSearch Solves MP Case In OK

DUNCAN — For five years, Virginia Carter’s family has wondered what became of her.

The 70-year-old woman who had dementia left a note in August 2003, saying she was going to Duncan Lake. She has not been seen or heard from since.

~snip~

Investigators and searchers with Texas EquuSearch were near the lake Saturday, checking on a tip they received in the 25-year-old homicide case of Otis Smith, when Williams mentioned that investigators once thought Carter’s car might be in the lake.

The lake had been searched before by divers, airplanes and other technology, without results. But new sonar technology that Texas EquuSearch has had for about a year was able to detect something in the water, Williams said.

http://www.newsok.com/after-5-years-...rticle/3308296

Tim Miller is one of my heros!! WTG, TES!!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    DUNCAN ó For five years, Virginia Carterís family has wondered what became of her.

The 70-year-old woman who had dementia left a note in August 2003, saying she was going to Duncan Lake. She has not been seen or heard from since.

~snip~

Investigators and searchers with Texas EquuSearch were near the lake Saturday, checking on a tip they received in the 25-year-old homicide case of Otis Smith, when Williams mentioned that investigators once thought Carterís car might be in the lake.

The lake had been searched before by divers, airplanes and other technology, without results. But new sonar technology that Texas EquuSearch has had for about a year was able to detect something in the water, Williams said.

http://www.newsok.com/after-5-years-...rticle/3308296

Tim Miller is one of my heros!! WTG, TES!!!

Mine too, SS! GREAT JOB, TES!!!!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Woohoo for TES! What amazing work they do!

I hope Ms. Carter's family is able to have peace now.

God Bless that man for all he does for others. One of the most endearing and selfLESS people I have ever seen in my life. Tim, you deserve so much in your life for all your pain you've been through and how you continue to just serve others in need. Many blessings on you and your entire equusearch team!
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyCake View Post
    God Bless that man for all he does for others. One of the most endearing and selfLESS people I have ever seen in my life. Tim, you deserve so much in your life for all your pain you've been through and how you continue to just serve others in need. Many blessings on you and your entire equusearch team!
    Ditto! to Tim and the Equusearch members. My prayers for Virginia Carter's family and friends.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

It is so cool they were able to find this woman and offer her family some resolution.

Amazing story!

Bumping in case people may have missed this!! They deserve the worthy mention here!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Awesome work TES!! Wonderful people, they are.

TES is awesome! I am glad her family can finally have closure!!

WTG, Tim Meller & TES!

Way to go TES!!!
    Tim Miller is AWESOME!!!