Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judygirl View Post
    How very sad. Its just sickening. You said alive. Was she able to say or tell anything?
    She was alive when placed into the water, then drowned...As if used, and then cast aside. It's one of many disheartening aspects to Christine's murder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel For This Useful Post:

Great Sleuthing is right. Awesome job!

I think it now necessary to research these specific cases as well to see if anyone was ever arrested, convicted, etc. Too coincidental not to. I really appreciate all of this info, so many new leads now.
    PM me. I lived 2 doors down from Suzie Mages' grandmother when I was a kid, and we were good friends. There are still family members around where I live, and I should be able to find out whatever happened with that case.
    Lanie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:

Regarding the death of Barbara Marsh

Dallas Morning News 11/17/1977 - Police Charge Girl's Mother in Drowning.
    Dallas Morning News 12/6/1977 - Grand Jury Indicts Mother in Barbara Sue's Murder.

I still haven't been able to find if Carrie Marsh was convicted or not. Police seem to indicate in news articles that the cases (Suzie Mages, Ladina McCoy & Barbara Marsh) had alot of similarities but that was prior to the Carrie Marsh indictment.

I wonder if they ever thought that the Navarro Child Skeleton was connected.

Carrie Christine Marsh arrested 11-16-77 SO305576 Charge Homicide no text

Agency code 174616 Disposition: Parole to Dallas County for Life.

I can not find her in the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice Files
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

Well it looks like she was sentenced in April 1978 but I don't know for how long. The record I found from Dallas County gave a code of JCJP= (Plea of not guilty, found guilty by the Jury and sentenced by the Jury.) There is an appeal on file that gives her birthdate/1938 and says she is age 70 now but it is not viewable unless you pay $. Could she still possibly be going through appeals? I wouldn't think so.

A newspaper article I found says that the mother killed her because her boyfriend told her she had to choose, him or the child. So, she killed her own child & threw her in Lake Ray Hubbard. We can always hope she is still rotting in jail. Barbara's cause of death was blunt force.

Barbara's case is certainly not linked to the others but Suzie, Ladina and the Navarro Unknown still could be.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Judygirl For This Useful Post:

Went to Modrall today. My camera battery was dead, but I did locate little Corsicana Doe and will go back and take a picture of the grave next week.
    /

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    PM me. I lived 2 doors down from Suzie Mages' grandmother when I was a kid, and we were good friends. There are still family members around where I live, and I should be able to find out whatever happened with that case.
    Lanie
    Lanie, have you had a chance to find out anything?

Just a suggestion, but could someone in the area contact local LE and see if they could reopen this as a cold case?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Just a suggestion, but could someone in the area contact local LE and see if they could reopen this as a cold case?
    Gabby, would your contact at the SO be interested in doing this? At least maybe get her listed on NamUs and/or the doenetwork. I don't know if a sketch was ever made of what she might of looked like.

Gabby, would your contact at the SO be interested in doing this? At least maybe get her listed on NamUs and/or the doenetwork. I don't know if a sketch was ever made of what she might of looked like.
    I can call her tomorrow. I am not sure what if anything can be done. Worth looking in to. How's the stuff you sent to the Daily Sun working out? If we could get that started maybe NCSO would be more willing to help out
    /

Camera is loaded and batteries are good to go. Going by modrall if it isn't raining this afternoon and get a picture.
    /

Here are the pictures made today.

Stone furnished by the County of Navarro to mark her grave

Stone donated by an unknown "friend"

Picture of the gravesite:

I noticed also, her grave has settled and has a rectangular sink hole (you can see it if you look carefully in the picture where the 'greenest grass is'... needs to be filled in with dirt before it gets worse.
    Last edited by Gabby; 10-15-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added more info
    /

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gabby For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting these, Gabby.

So heart-breaking...I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to at least give her a proper marker.

There were other child-murders in Texas around the same time, '76 to '77, mostly in the Houston/Galveston area. Suzanne Bower, 12, for instance, who wasnt found until a few years later. Henry Lee Lucas claimed he killed her, but then again he claimed that about everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    Thanks for posting these, Gabby.

So heart-breaking...I'm glad someone took it upon themselves to at least give her a proper marker.

There were other child-murders in Texas around the same time, '76 to '77, mostly in the Houston/Galveston area. Suzanne Bower, 12, for instance, who wasnt found until a few years later. Henry Lee Lucas claimed he killed her, but then again he claimed that about everyone.

Judygirl and I are hoping to get this case brought back into the spotlight and maybe we can get some answers... This child deserves a name...
    /

Judy? Anything more on this ????
    /

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast