3 year old appointed living goddess

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_re_as/as_nepal_living_goddess

I don't think this is right. I know it is their tradition and part of the culture but taking a 3 year old from her family and isolating her for most of her childhood? Forcing her to spend a night alone in the dark with severed animal heads? It's very upsetting to me. If this was done here, they would be locked up for abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_re_as/as_nepal_living_goddess

I don't think this is right. I know it is their tradition and part of the culture but taking a 3 year old from her family and isolating her for most of her childhood? Forcing her to spend a night alone in the dark with severed animal heads? It's very upsetting to me. If this was done here, they would be locked up for abuse.

Even worse, once she has her first period, she's out. Many of these girls become prostitutes.

What a hard life. It also says that many of these young girls never marry because it is believed that the man who marrys her will die young. This is sad!

Corny to read, I know, but I have always considered my children to be divine...:rolleyes:

Why can't she continue to be a "living goddess" after reaching puberty? Seems like if you're a goddesss, you should be a goddess for life.

Why can't she continue to be a "living goddess" after reaching puberty? Seems like if you're a goddesss, you should be a goddess for life.

Nope. Any bleeding, even from a cut or lost tooth, removes her from goddess status. They do get a small pension when they leave.

Wow! That is awful. I would seriously hurt someone that tried to put my daughter in that kind of situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
translator
Back