Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: This thread is for posters that believe Caylee is still alive #6

ON NG tonight LP mentioned that besides the hair, there was other DNA..What other DNA did they find in the trunk besides the hair? Does anyone else believe that they do have more evidence that they are not speaking about? Wouldn't they be able to just arrest her then? What would happen if Casey goes to trial, and Caylee still is alive??

I do not think that they have enough to go to a grand jury with, but how can anyone find a reasonable, untained jury with a case as high profile as this?? I am not sticking up for Casey in any way, but I don't believe Caylee is deceased at this point, and I just cannot believe that without a body, crime scene, confession, how could they bring it to a grand jury?

Does anyone know if the information that they present to the grand jury will also be released to the public at or around the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by vickiev View Post
    ON NG tonight LP mentioned that besides the hair, there was other DNA..What other DNA did they find in the trunk besides the hair? Isn't it possible that it could be from something other than a deceased baby?? Does anyone else believe that they do have more evidence that they are not speaking about? Wouldn't they be able to just arrest her then? What would happen if Casey goes to trial, and Caylee still is alive??

I do not think that they have enough to go to a grand jury with, but how can anyone find a reasonable, untained jury with a case as high profile as this?? I am not sticking up for Casey in any way, but I don't believe Caylee is deceased at this point, and I just cannot believe that without a body, crime scene, confession, how could they bring it to a grand jury?
    Yes...that is how the prosecution works. They don't want to show all their cards to the defense until trial. The GJ indictment is how they will charge her, either manslaughter or murder 1, etc. Apparently, in FL they go to grand jury when they indict for a death penalty/murder 1 case. They are going as high as they can so, in my belief, they have held enough back to indict her. We shall see!
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranade View Post

Also, why are we hearing about this case going to the Grand Jury? We even know the day the case will be heard. It is against the law for the prosecution to reveal GJ proceedings in this manner and I have no idea why they have "leaked" it so they will later have plausible deniability, but I have my suspicions.
    I don't think it's against any law to announce the date of the GJ proceedings.
    Requesting access
    Before an indictment is issued, reporters may file a motion for access with the judge who is presiding over the grand jury, media attorney Jim Lake of Holland & Knight said. Post-indictment, the media may move to “intervene,” or become a party to the case, to assert the public’s interest in disclosure of grand jury materials. In states like Florida, where courts are covered by the state open records law, journalists may request a copy of the transcripts if they were released to the defense during discovery, Lake said.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_mom View Post
    I don't think a link will work here as it is posted on a protected site. However, I did see the exact posting as it was posted here. That's about all I can vouch for though.

This would be wonderful if it were true. I might even find myself hopping on a plane to go investigate myself. I just keep praying for some kind of a break.
    For the record I don't believe this and there's no Brush or Rush in NV. There is however a Sagebrush City or so it appears. Can't find much but the first thing that came up was a my space for somebody that said they lived in Sagebrush. Sagebrush is the state flower. There's a Sagebrush Ranch and a Sagebrush Lake and a slew of businesses including a brothel that all start with Sagebrush. I'm thinking it might be a small town ??? IDK.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    For the record I don't believe this and there's no Brush or Rush in NV. There is however a Sagebrush City or so it appears. Can't find much but the first thing that came up was a my space for somebody that said they lived in Sagebrush. Sagebrush is the state flower. There's a Sagebrush Ranch and a Sagebrush Lake and a slew of businesses including a brothel that all start with Sagebrush. I'm thinking it might be a small town ??? IDK.
    Yeah, I can't say that I believe this either but it's more like a wishful thought. I couldn't find anything like that either.

IMO, psychic visions/dreams/etc are too difficult to decipher because there are so many things that can be misinterpreted. I do believe in psychic power, but I believe very *few* people can harness them at will. I have had too many prophetic dreams in my life to dismiss as coincidences but I have never been able to *make* myself dream about something. Also, rarely have I woken up from a dream and thought to myself, that's really going to happen. The only reason I've know they are prophetic is when whatever I dreamed about came to pass just as I dreamed, which is quite spooky and unsettling. Whatever it is that I possess is mostly like a receiver than a two way radio.

ETA: I did find a town that might fit the description but unless there is other confirmation that this is even a remote possibility - I won't be pursuing this "lead."
    "Do unto others..."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435002,00.html

"We’re not going to project what we will doing in the next couple of days or in the coming weeks," Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves told FOXNews.com on Thursday. He said that includes information about a forthcoming arrest or new charges, if any.

But, he emphasized, it is not a death or murder case — yet.

"It is a missing person investigation. We have not changed that at this point," Nieves told FOXNews.com. "When we do, that will be made clear and done so with the State Attorney’s office."

So after reading the article, I will say that there should be more hope for everyone that Caylee is alive and they just have not found her yet. Hopefully they will soon.
    Thank you Websleuths for letting me have a place to speak my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    I don't think it's against any law to announce the date of the GJ proceedings.
    Requesting access
    Before an indictment is issued, reporters may file a motion for access with the judge who is presiding over the grand jury, media attorney Jim Lake of Holland & Knight said. Post-indictment, the media may move to “intervene,” or become a party to the case, to assert the public’s interest in disclosure of grand jury materials. In states like Florida, where courts are covered by the state open records law, journalists may request a copy of the transcripts if they were released to the defense during discovery, Lake said.
    Reporters Handbook? Let's look at the Handbook from the Florida Supreme Court:

SECRECY OF GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS
    Secrecy as to all grand jury proceedings is of the utmost importance. This includes not only the actions upon an indictment or a presentment but even the fact that any such matter was considered, or any witness was called. It is only in this manner that the grand jurors themselves can be protected from pressure by persons who may be involved by the action of the grand jury. Secrecy also is the only protection that a witness may have before a grand jury, which will protect the witness from being tampered with or intimidated before testifying at the trial. Further, secrecy may prevent one under indictment, or subject to indictment, from escaping while the issue of indictment is under consideration. It also should be remembered that secrecy may encourage witnesses to give the grand jury frankly and candidly any knowledge they may have concerning crime or corruption. Lastly, and of equal importance to all other consideration of secrecy, is the fact that an innocent person who has been subjected to a charge but not indicted should be protected from the embarrassment and disgrace attendant upon the making of a charge before a grand jury.
    The pledge of secrecy is paramount. It also is permanent.
    A grand juror will not communicate to family, friends, associates, or anyone concerning any matter that takes place in the grand jury room. The only time this veil of secrecy may be lifted is by order of the court after a full hearing, and then only in exceptional cases.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/j...ryhandbook.rtf

Quote Originally Posted by ?everything View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435002,00.html

"We’re not going to project what we will doing in the next couple of days or in the coming weeks," Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves told FOXNews.com on Thursday. He said that includes information about a forthcoming arrest or new charges, if any.

But, he emphasized, it is not a death or murder case — yet.

"It is a missing person investigation. We have not changed that at this point," Nieves told FOXNews.com. "When we do, that will be made clear and done so with the State Attorney’s office."

So after reading the article, I will say that there should be more hope for everyone that Caylee is alive and they just have not found her yet. Hopefully they will soon.
    Hmmm, hmmmm. Thanks ?everything. That is SO interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    How would a 3 yr old know the name of the town and state that she is in? This just does not sound like a child that young speaking. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    How would a 3 yr old know the name of the town and state that she is in? This just does not sound like a child that young speaking. Sorry.

On the original website this was posted on, someone called one of those pyschic hotline numbers and this is what the lady told her. So, I don't think there is any merit to it all. Just some pyschic phone lady doing her job....LOL

Well I am sure a lot of poster's on this thread saw the hearing. I am going to have to digest it before I can comment on it. From what I heard, yes I did watch even though I had to be at the dentist, I am glad that Casey's attorney got most all of his motion's granted. So hopefully I will have something to say about this in the morn. Please keep the faith and your head held high during this trying time. Remember do not believe everything you read in the papers. Caylee needs to be brought home. She is out there alive and wants to come home.
    Thank you Websleuths for letting me have a place to speak my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ?everything View Post
    Well I am sure a lot of poster's on this thread saw the hearing. I am going to have to digest it before I can comment on it. From what I heard, yes I did watch even though I had to be at the dentist, I am glad that Casey's attorney got most all of his motion's granted. So hopefully I will have something to say about this in the morn. Please keep the faith and your head held high during this trying time. Remember do not believe everything you read in the papers. Caylee needs to be brought home. She is out there alive and wants to come home.
    I have everything on my DVR.. Haven't watched yet though.. I too need to watch and absorb before making any comments regarding it.. Thanks for the words of encouragement! Let's bring Caylee home!!!!

I watched most of the hearing today and was pleased with the outcome. I was a little nervous at first because I thought JB looked a little out of place, but he held his ground. I question everything I hear in the media about this case and now I see why. The prosecution was very adamant about the release of the DNA tests and car air samples and the hotline tips, which leads me to believe what was released to the public by police was not 100% correct. I am praying everyday that Caylee comes home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Missie View Post
    I watched most of the hearing today and was pleased with the outcome. I was a little nervous at first because I thought JB looked a little out of place, but he held his ground. I question everything I hear in the media about this case and now I see why. The prosecution was very adamant about the release of the DNA tests and car air samples and the hotline tips, which leads me to believe what was released to the public by police was not 100% correct. I am praying everyday that Caylee comes home soon.
    Wow..I can't wait to watch it! Was Casey there?

No she did not show up. It was reported they did not want her to be subjected to all of the media because she would have to walk from the parking garage to the courthouse with all media outlets there bombarding her with questions. (I live in Orlando and it is a long walk) It did not look as if anyone from the family was there and I do not blame them. Watching on TV would be enough. The prosecution is still trying to try this case in the media. The lady prosecuter(sp) was really sarcastic and rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I took her as very condescending.

No she did not show up. It was reported they did not want her to be subjected to all of the media because she would have to walk from the parking garage to the courthouse with all media outlets there bombarding her with questions. (I live in Orlando and it is a long walk) It did not look as if anyone from the family was there and I do not blame them. Watching on TV would be enough. The prosecution is still trying to try this case in the media. The lady prosecuter(sp) was really sarcastic and rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I took her as very condescending.
    Kind of like NG?? That's how I think she is..

I didn't think that Casey would show up..I did think the family would though.. I do understand why they did not.. The whole family has already been tried and convicted through the media...I think that the Grandparents have been through enough..But when Caylee comes home, alive and safe, all that aggravation would be worth it for the grandparents! God Bless that little girl!

Not as rude as NG, but almost. Everyone who spoke on behalf of the state or prosecution acted like they were right by their own authority, you know what I mean. I can't stand when people act that way, no matter who they are. BTW, thank you everyone for making me feel welcome on here. As you can see I am new to the site. I have been reading for a long time though.

Thank you, Missie for posting that description. It is really helpful.

Regarding the secrecy of grand jury proceedings, how did the media find out that GA is going to testify?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

Did someone in LE tell the media, and violate supreme court guidelines? Or is the media running with assumptions, or just making it up?
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Quote Originally Posted by vickiev View Post
    ON NG tonight LP mentioned that besides the hair, there was other DNA..What other DNA did they find in the trunk besides the hair? Does anyone else believe that they do have more evidence that they are not speaking about? Wouldn't they be able to just arrest her then? What would happen if Casey goes to trial, and Caylee still is alive??

I'm sure there is more evidence that has NOT been released yet. I didn't see NG tonight, I will watch it later, however, is it possible that this is unidentified DNA and that is why they want Lee's DNA?

I don't know if they have enough evidence to take it to the Grand Jury either, all I can say is that they obviously feel they do otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

I'm not convinced yet that Caylee is dead. I'm not sure if she is alive either.

I think it should be very hard to convict her of murder, but she has she has already been convicted in the media. Maybe that would be grounds for appeal if she is. All the lies! It is so hard to decipher what is true and what is not. As for LP, is anything he says true? Everything changes from day to day. I had to stop watching NG a long time ago because she made me cringe. Always assuming the worst from everyone. Like I have said before, I am from Orlando, and after the Trenton case a few years back, I see what harm she can cause. Some of the local guests she has from Orlando are so way off from what we even see in the news. I think she may coach them on what to say.

Come home soon Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Thank you, Missie for posting that description. It is really helpful.

Regarding the secrecy of grand jury proceedings, how did the media find out that GA is going to testify?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

Did someone in LE tell the media, and violate supreme court guidelines? Or is the media running with assumptions, or just making it up?
    I frankly think these leaks were an attempt to influence the hearing today. As in, if the judge thinks an indictment is imminent, he may just tell Baez to stuff it until he is entitled to discovery when the murder charges come down. Didn't work.

I think it should be very hard to convict her of murder, but she has she has already been convicted in the media. Maybe that would be grounds for appeal if she is. All the lies! It is so hard to decipher what is true and what is not. As for LP, is anything he says true? Everything changes from day to day. I had to stop watching NG a long time ago because she made me cringe. Always assuming the worst from everyone. Like I have said before, I am from Orlando, and after the Trenton case a few years back, I see what harm she can cause. Some of the local guests she has from Orlando are so way off from what we even see in the news. I think she may coach them on what to say.

Come home soon Caylee
    They only have to take a capital murder case to the GJ in Florida, and without a body I am finding it very hard to believe they can get a death penalty conviction in a trial court. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

As to LP-hardly anything.

Getting Worried...

I have thought Caylee was alive since the beginning (and this is a first for me...I thought Elizabeth Smart was dead from the beginning), but now I am starting to worry.

I think I need a pep talk. I also want other posters on the board to know that my belief has nothing to do with supporting KC, the anthony's or the defense. None of them even really matter to me. It is about Caylee.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranade View Post
    I frankly think these leaks were an attempt to influence the hearing today. As in, if the judge thinks an indictment is imminent, he may just tell Baez to stuff it until he is entitled to discovery when the murder charges come down. Didn't work.
    But the caveat is: That the prosecution has 10 days to turn this stuff over to Baez. There will already be an indictment before that, so Baez would be privy to the information anyway.
    In other words the hearing and it's outcome today was for nothing.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMama View Post
    I have thought Caylee was alive since the beginning (and this is a first for me...I thought Elizabeth Smart was dead from the beginning), but now I am starting to worry.

I think I need a pep talk. I also want other posters on the board to know that my belief has nothing to do with supporting KC, the anthony's or the defense. None of them even really matter to me. It is about Caylee.
    CaliMama, I thought at first she was dead. Now I think there are too many inconsistencies in what LE is telling us, or allowing to be leaked. Just as a for instance,upthread I documented that there probably *is not* a postmortem root band on Caylee's hair found in the trunk. Here it is again:

Nuclear DNA is more comprehensive than mtDNA and can distinguish betwen Casey and Caylee while mtDNA cannot. As has been stated many times before mtDNA was used to test the hair in the trunk. (hence the many arguments we hear that since Casey is alive, the hair must have belonged to Caylee) Why did they not use the more inclusive nuclear DNA testing? It is MY OPINION, since we have no evidence whatsoever that the sample was degraded, that they performed mtDNA because there was no root attached, which you need to have in order to perform nuclear DNA testing. If there was no root attached, ipso facto they did not find a postmortem root band.

Post-mortem banding occurs within 1 mm of the root. In fact, it's properly called "post-mortem root banding". This phenomenon will not occur if the hair has come away from the scalp of a decedent shortly after death.

http://www.aafs.org/pdf/Seattleabstracts06.pdf

If the hair root has tissue attached, Nuclear DNA analysis; If there is no tissue and/or root, Mitochondrial DNA analysis.

www.ct.gov/dps/lib/dps/Mitochondrial.pdf.ppt

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    But the caveat is: That the prosecution has 10 days to turn this stuff over to Baez. There will already be an indictment before that, so Baez would be privy to the information anyway.
    In other words the hearing and it's outcome today was for nothing.
    Have they even issued subpoena's yet? They better hurry if they intend to go to the GJ on Tuesday.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast