1313 users online (246 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

Female sex predator unhappy about move to men's facility ~ Must read!

GIG HARBOR — For the past six years, convicted child rapist Laura Faye McCollum has lived a lonely existence tucked inside the walls of the state's women's prison.

Tomorrow, McCollum is slated to get some unwelcome company when she moves to the new Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island, where she will become the only woman living among 190 of the state's most dangerous male sex offenders.

She isn't happy about the prospect of sitting in therapy sessions with these men, and many experts in the field say it's a bad idea.

"Would you want to sit in a bunch of men who talk about what they did to women and how they'd like to do that to women again?" McCollum told The Associated Press in a three-hour interview from her housing unit at the women's center. "I don't want them bringing their issues on me. I don't want them touching me, I don't want them making inappropriate conversations, I don't want them asking me if they can fantasize about me."

McCollum, convicted in 1990 of repeatedly raping an 18-month-old Tacoma girl and trying to suffocate her with a pillow, is one of only three female sex offenders in the nation considered dangerous enough to be civilly committed — a process by which offenders are sent indefinitely to tightly controlled treatment programs after they've completed their criminal sentences.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ffender02.html

Tsk, tsk, tsk - poor little perv.

"I don't want them bringing their issues on me. "

Wah! Didn't she bring her "issues" on the babies she molested/raped? What a whining, annoying, bratty-sounding monster. She can't even see what she did? I hope they never let her out, and I hope she does get a taste of her own medicine.

(just venting by the way, I know that wouldn't help matters and she will probably be released anyway).

IMO

She is a very serious deviant offender... I believe she sexually assulted many babies not just this one they mention in the article.

I feel no pity for this woman, only disgust... I don't wish her any harm in the new facility, I hope she is able to secure a decent exisitence there - but she must be away from children forever IMO