Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Receipts Deep Dive

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw View Post
    Hi all, haven't been here in a while.

IMO,
    CA didn't care about KC stealing AH's money. She didn't even know AH. (Think like an Anthony for a minute here) If CA was going to use that money to compensate someone, it should have been SP or herself, who had just spent hundreds getting the car out of impound while KC was running around with hundreds in her purse. CA wanted her money back just like AH. Can ya blame her? I doubt at that very minute it was really registering to CA thought her grandbaby was really, truly "missing" or dead. I think she was sincere when she called 911 but I think KC's lie comforted her a little once she heard Caylee was with someone she knew.

She was probably thinking more about KC being a thief, a financial liability and an irresponsible mother.

As far as keeping the receipts...if they were just in her purse, I don't think much of it. I have a Ross addiction like she has one for Target, but if they were in order, including car wash and movie receipts, I think she intentionally kept them AS EVIDENCE to show that she couldn't have killed Caylee at those times, after all, she was shopping on this day and at the movies on that day. Better to face charges for stealing checks than murder.

She probably thought she could talk her way through an interogation to account for the other time.
    Interesting way(s) for her to conduct her own private investigation, though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    There was no purse in the car, just a "work" bag--for, you know, when KC had to "work". But the receipts could definitely have been in there.
    The beautiful thing about the JC Penney card is that the records can be subpoened.
    LE did not forget about these receipts, either-They asked CA in an interview where her JC Penney receipts were and she answered that there was nothing important on them. LE was agitated, said they cannot have answers like that.
    They did not forget those receipts-So why haven't they been released?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    The beautiful thing about the JC Penney card is that the records can be subpoened.
    LE did not forget about these receipts, either-They asked CA in an interview where her JC Penney receipts were and she answered that there was nothing important on them. LE was agitated, said they cannot have answers like that.
    Perhaps they didn't prove useful and were not part of the discovery. The state has been pretty transparent up to now about not withholding anything of evidentiary value (that we know of).
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    Perhaps they didn't prove useful and were not part of the discovery. The state has been pretty transparent up to now about not withholding anything of evidentiary value (that we know of).
    It could possibly go to the timeline and post-murder behavior, just as the Blockbuster video does.
    I am just hopeful that there are things to come and concerned that loose ends did not get tied up in those first few weeks-Like the wallet with the supposed ID in it...nothing on that, either.
    You are right that there may not have been anything of value, but we have seen other receipts that did not have an obvious murder weapon in the detail. Though those receipts may have been released in part because they were evidence for the fraud case.
    We never did hear about the ZFG MySpace in a doc dump, but a WS member did get 2nd hand info originating from LE that suggested they did look at it and it was not connected. But maybe in that case, LE did not want to be the cause of another civil suit by another Zenaida.
    I could go back and forth, but you are prolly correct.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    In May of '09 magic-cat had quoted from an interview of TL where he says that the JC Penny purchase was for a pair of shoes and that ICA used her grandmother's credit card. If that's the case, no wonder CA grabbed it and tried to hide the fact that ICA was at it again. Here's magic-cat's post with a link to the interview. He talks about it on page 12.
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3733013&postcount=20"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2008.09.08 Anthony L. Interview ***REVISITED***[/ame]

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Noddy For This Useful Post:

You are right - he did say "shoes" but I think the purchase was actually the "black boots" that she wore with the blue dress to fusion that night. I didn't realize it was "grandma's credit card" - as I was thinking it was ca's credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    You are right - he did say "shoes" but I think the purchase was actually the "black boots" that she wore with the blue dress to fusion that night. I didn't realize it was "grandma's credit card" - as I was thinking it was ca's credit card.
    Pretty sure they meant CA, and referred to her as Grandma (to Caylee)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affinity For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    How was she using someone else's credit card?
    Where I come from when you pay with a credit card
    they ask for your drivers license and if they don't match
    they do not accept the CC as payment , even if the last
    names are the same. Very strange to me that she was
    able to run all over town and use CA credit card. Was she applying
    for credit cards under Cindy's name and intercepting them in the mail or was Cindy just willingly giving them to her? I can't believe she was stealing them and they never cancelled them. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by fryhisbutt View Post
    How was she using someone else's credit card?
    Where I come from when you pay with a credit card
    they ask for your drivers license and if they don't match
    they do not accept the CC as payment , even if the last
    names are the same. Very strange to me that she was
    able to run all over town and use CA credit card. Was she applying
    for credit cards under Cindy's name and intercepting them in the mail or was Cindy just willingly giving them to her? I can't believe she was stealing them and they never cancelled them. IMHO
    Home Depot does that, but I don't know of any other retailers who require ID to use a credit card unless you have written in the signature block "CID" [see I.D.].

Quote Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    Home Depot does that, but I don't know of any other retailers who require ID to use a credit card unless you have written in the signature block "CID" [see I.D.].
    Wow Florida is this place to go with stolen credit cards then.
    Just shop til you drop.. No questions asked..

I can see then how she was able to do it..

TY

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910