973 users online (155 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude-gertie View Post
    Aw, Boots, that was beautiful. You made me cry.
    Oh, Gertie...Thank You!

It has taken me a while to get "tuned in" to be able to post a prayer.

Except for saying the blessing at a meal or such, my prayers are intensely personal. After giving it a lot of thought, I felt that sharing the words to this song may be meaningful and express my thoughts best.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    Oh, Gertie...Thank You!

It has taken me a while to get "tuned in" to be able to post a prayer.

Except for saying the blessing at a meal or such, my prayers are intensely personal. After giving it a lot of thought, I felt that sharing the words to this song may be meaningful and express my thoughts best.
    Boots, it really is beautiful.

I know this is not the thread I'm supposed to use, but I'm doing it anyway. I wanted to let you all know something. I am not from OK. I've lived here 20 years though. I really don't have friends here because everyone has their own friends and do not welcome "outsiders" readily. I would like all of you to know that since I have been here the last few months, including Topix, I feel more welcome now than I have in the past 20 years. Even though I don't "know" any of you and you don't know me. All of you have been very courteous and understanding of each others opinions and feelings. I just wanted to say "Thank You!" (I must say, most of the "ladies" on Topix.) Thanks for letting me tell you this. -- Gertie

Well, Gertie...see - that's the way God works I believe. He has joined us together for many reasons, but, for some of us...we needed the friendships. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings and I'm so pleased that you feel as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots-OK View Post
    Well, Gertie...see - that's the way God works I believe. He has joined us together for many reasons, but, for some of us...we needed the friendships. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings and I'm so pleased that you feel as you do.
    Ditto to that.

And I feel like it is fine to say that on this thread, Gertie. I believe it is for sharing our blessings, as well as prayer or prayer request.
    Thank you for sharing what you said. It meant alot to ME! I know how lonesome it can get sometimes. This is why I have decided to share my heart here. There are fabulous people on this website!

In Memory of Skyla and Taylor, BFF.
    "Keep the Faith!"
    As we take this journey together, may we all find peace at the end of the day.

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Heavenly Father,
    My prayer today is that the families of Skyla and Taylor would know "the peace that passes all understanding". Please let them feel You holding them in your "righteous right hand". Today, please let the families feel a moment of genuine happiness and let them be blessed beyond belief w/ the knowledge that their are people who care about them and the girls. All this I ask in Jesus name, knowing that all good and perfect things come from You. Today, please give the families just one moment of perfect piece.

~Amen~

My prayers for the Whitaker and Placker families.

I pray everyday that justice will come. I pray that you all remain strong and filled with God's love and His guidance. I pray that the memories you will have in your hearts and minds one day will be only be the wonderful memories Taylor and Skyla have left behind for you to forever treasure.

Remember that they are always there with you in spirit and await your coming home one day. The signs will be there. A beautiful butterfly may lite upon your shoulder or you feel that a gentle hand has touched your face. Skyla and Taylor will never leave you they are all around you and you will always have them with you in your heart in that special place meant only for them that no one can take away from you.

I pray that peace comes to each one of you. I pray that you find out who did this to your precious children.

God Bless You All.

Ocean
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

That was beautiful, Ocean. Bless you .

Obviously, a large part of my life is music, and often times, people connect songs to certain events... Today was no exception for me. The lyrics below are from a song called Through Her Eyes by Dream Theater, and I can't help thinking of the girls when I listen to it. It's a beautiful song, IMO...

Through Her Eyes
    Dream Theater

She never really had a chance
    On that fateful moonlit night
    Sacrificed without a fight
    A victim of her circumstance

Now that I’ve become aware
    And I’ve exposed this tragedy
    A sadness grows inside of me
    It all seems so unfair

I’m learning all about my life
    By looking through her eyes

Just beyond the churchyard gates
    Where the grass is overgrown
    I saw the writing on her stone
    I felt like I would suffocate

In loving memory of our child
    So innocent, eyes open wide
    I felt so empty as I cried
    Like part of me had died

I’m learning all about my life
    By looking through her eyes

And as her image
    Wandered through my head
    I wept just like a baby
    As I lay awake in bed

And I know what its like
    To lose someone you love
    And this felt just the same

She wasn’t given any choice
    Desperation stole her voice
    I’ve been given so much more in life
    I’ve got a son, I’ve got a wife

I had to suffer one last time
    To grieve for her and say goodbye
    Relive the anguish of my past
    To find out who I was at last

The door has opened wide
    Im turning with the tide
    Looking through her eyes

Cheers, and God's blessings to every one of you...
    KP
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

Wow, that was bigger than I thought it would be... Sorry to take up so much space!
    KP
    In loving memory of Skyla Whitaker (1997-2008) and Taylor Paschal-Placker (1995-2008).

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardPlayer View Post
    Wow, that was bigger than I thought it would be... Sorry to take up so much space!
    KP
    No apology needed about the space. I could hardly get through the words in it's entirety. That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Flossie

Wow, KP. That was so beautiful! The words are so meaningful. I feel I can relate to them so completely, concerning Skyla and Taylor. I'm sure many of us can.
    Thank you so much for posting that. I would like to add a link to accopmany this beautiful song. It's a link toa video of this song, on YouTube.
    Thanks again so much for sharing! My eyes are full of tears. Bless you!
    You have such a beautiful spirit! I love you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTf7Rg8cET4

"Keep the Faith!"

Thank you Keyboard and Frog

Thanks to you both for the beautiful song...Just lovely!! Very meaningful to me, personally, and maybe one day I can explain why. Thanks again!

Oh, Frog... That's the first time I had seen that particular video (I think someone made it on the computer and put that song to it). How incredibly awesome; it's very easy to relate the video to the girls. I lost it at the end when the girl is walking through the door, towards the light...

Thank you so much for posting that! As emotional as it is for me to just listen to the song, watching that at the same time is just surreal... It increased the emotional experience for me by at least an order of magnitude. You are TRULY a blessing.

Keyboard, thank you so much for sharing that song with us. Oh my it is so beautiful and appropriate.

I actually felt better after struggling through trying to read it and crying at the same time but after I finished I felt some release from the pain I feel for these two young girls who should be living among us all. But I draw comfort in knowing they headed toward the light to find their way to their eternal home where peace and love will be with them forevermore.

Bless you.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Keyboard, thank you so much for sharing that song with us. Oh my it is so beautiful and appropriate.

I actually felt better after struggling through trying to read it and crying at the same time but after I finished I felt some release from the pain I feel for these two young girls who should be living among us all. But I draw comfort in knowing they headed toward the light to find their way to their eternal home where peace and love will be with them forevermore.

Bless you.
    Ocean you hit that just right. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.
    Gerti our God is so powerful ..what a gift these baby girls have given to us. I am so grateful for each & everyone on our forum.

Frog & Kp what a moving song. I have to agree with Ocean again it is a comfort to know they are in peace & in sunshine to be untouched by this wicked world & to be BFF's 4-EVER
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

Lord,
    I pray today that whoever knows something about this hideous crime, has a grawing agony inside of them, to the point that they can find no peace! I pray that you speak to their consceince, and tell them how that if they tell what they know, peace will find them, but until they do, there will be none. I pray that you ease the restlessness of all of us, who ache for justice to be served. Lord please show us how to be patiend, and help strenghten us in faith, that you are in charge of all of these things. Father, I pray that justice will be served!
    In Jesus beautiful, holy name I pray,
    Amen

"Keep the Faith!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast