Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 504
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,940
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I disagree. I think that's how it probably was when Casey and Lee were children..

    but I think that house is run on Casey's moods, her attitudes. I think everyone lets a lot of things slide because they dont want to have to "deal with" her *****. I think the house can be perfectly calm and Casey can come in and change that in a second flat. I think Casey manipulates her mother to the point of causing an almost fear in her.
    Sounds like there very well may be a cycle of abuse...the abuser is always feared...and much is done with the sole purpose of keeping the abuser from "going off".


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    "Amy was interviewed again by LE on August 20th, at which time she told them that Cindy had informed her in July about Casey hacking into Cindy's account "over and over"."

    This did it for me. I've tried and tried to maintain compassion for Cindy. And in a way I still have compassion for her, of course.

    But, in my opinion, after seeing the lastest interviews and now this -
    Most people don't understand Mental Illness - Also I would like to say Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Cops etc. Are given Antidepressants because of job related problems!

    Do I think Cindy has a MI I'm sure the Stress CA has put her through the loss of a grandchild not getting along with her hubby money problems etc. possible!


  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Cindy is trying to play the "grieving Grandmother" but In my opinion she should be charged with obstructing justice & withholding evidence for the following reasons

    I believe Cindy lied to LE about the events leading up to Casey leaving the Anthony home on June 15th

    I believe Cindy lied about Casey needing the shovel to remove Bamboo June 18th

    I believe Cindy lied when she told the media that the car had "No Odor" until after it was towed

    I believe Cindy knowingly destroyed evidence related to Caylee's disappearance on July 15th

    I believe Cindy lied under oath during the bond hearing when she said ...."after Casey graduated high school"

    I believe Cindy is encouraging LE to pursue Jessie Grund as a suspect when she knows he is innocent

    I believe Cindy is deliberately embellishing false sightings of Caylee

    I believe Cindy is deliberately withholding additional information from LE that is vital to this case
    I agree, especially with that last line - and I have to add something I just realized from being over on the Phone Pings thread:

    When Cindy gave her phone to LE for a forensic analysis, almost all texts were gone as well as many phone numbers. Everything before 8/2 (the phone was analyzed 8/4).

    She said nothing to them during the interview about her phone being wiped - in fact she said getting the texts would help jog her memory - and I think it's VERY ODD that her parents phone numbers were not in there, as well as many others. Just very recent numbers - LE, media, immediate family and a few very close friends. 28 numbers total.

    More food for thought.


  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by maza View Post
    is a true sociopath considered insane? it would seem so, but they also seem to very intelligent. At least smart enough to fake it through childhood and early adulthood, but seems like it unravels for many in their 20's. As a parent, it would take courage to admit and recognize your child is a sociopath. But i do think some parents can see that 'something is not quite right' but don't do anything about it; or don't know what to do. Or, in Cindy's case, are too self-absorbed or crazy themselves to notice (until it's too late..)?
    No it is not insanity but a personality disorder.


  5. #125
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by kajohn View Post
    My mom has Borderline Personality Disorder and I can tell you that the DSM-V criteria is a very small description and does not nearly give the depth & complexity of the disorder, nor does it show the physchological impact on family members who have lived with a person with BPD. My mom is very low functioning, she has never had a job or learned how to drive. She abandoned her children with no contact for years. Personally I don't think that Casey Anthony has BPD, I would be more apt to lean towards Casey being a psychopath.

    My mom though, like Casey is a liar extradorinaire. This isn't the run of the mill lying that most people have come up against every now and then. This is lying of a totally different caliber. When you deal with a person on a day to day basis that lies, it is very wearing. You cannot get them to tell the truth. Sometimes when I am up to playing the game, I will call her on her a lie just to aggravate her, but most of the time I just let it go, it is a no win situation.

    You read the transcript where Yuri is interviewing Casey and you can see there is no fear, no embarassment, no humiliation. You cannot use ordinary methods to get them to tell the truth. Yuri is intelligent and experienced, but even if that interview had lasted for 24 hours, Casey would be able to keep up the lies longer than Yuri could the interview. So, one could well understand Cindy knowing perfectly well the past few years that Casey has
    been lying about this or that and not up to the impossible struggle of getting the truth.

    I find the relationship between Cindy and Casey morbidly fascinating.
    But, I just can't seem to get a grasp on Cindy. In the 911 calls she seem to display authentic panic & pain over Caylee, and also able to call a spade a spade went it came to Casey. But then came the turn and I cannot figure that out.

    However, I have been wondering if some of the lies, coverups, etc. have more to do with George than Casey. Someone would be hard pressed to convince me that any man could remember what a little girl was wearing 30 days ago with such detail. My husband wouldn't even be able to remember what our daughter was wearing today. Which leads me to believe he wasn't even home that morning. Granted George mows the lawn, takes
    care of the cars, etc. But still it appears he has been the absent father/husband emotionally, I wouldn't be suprised if Cindy had discovered some infidelity on George's part during all this and he is bound to her for the time being out of guilt.

    Casey is almost easier to figure out than Cindy.
    Great post and great insight! I have a BPD mother as well so I understand what you mean about the lies. My mother fakes sick, makes herself vomit etc for attention. It is frustrating and makes me want to toss her to the curb.

    I don't think Casey has BPD either and I'm not so sure that she is a Psychopath. I believe she feels, I think she feels things in her own way for some people. Personality disorders are so complicated and so many of the "symptoms" blur and go out of the lines that it very hard to pin point just one diagnosis in a situation like this.

    Cindy- yes, she is a piece of work and reminds me very much of my own mother. Doesn't know when to shut her mouth, thinks she is smarter than everyone else. Spits out lies and in the next breath completly denys saying what she said.. to the point of making you double check to make sure you have it right.


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,481
    Quote:No it is not insanity but a personality disorder.

    ITA This is my understanding as well--not a mental illness per se, but personality disorder. From what we've seen and learned, seems to exhibit alot of the signs of the narcissistic parent.


  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
    I have 2 sociopathic children and I've seen and heard it all before - the tears, the terror, the horror, the need - the acting.

    My opinion only.
    OMG..........how do you keep YOUR sanity?


  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaF513 View Post
    That line is taken out of context, although I can understand how one can confuse Cindy's words. In that interview, she was trying to get many points across and as a consequence, actually interjected one thought or another into her sentences.

    She comes across as stubborn, but her concerns are not unrealistic. It is obvious the Casey has totally confounded the LE interviewers. She is a proven thief and liar. I believe that Cindy is correct in her assessment that LE focussed almost immediately and totally on Casey as a murder suspect. While that very well may prove to be the case...Cindy believes that Caylee was kidnapped...and in her judgement, LE is not focussed on finding a kidnapped child, but a dead body.
    LE deals with people who kill everyday. The length of time since the child was seen was the first clue. When Casey lied about every aspect of her life including people who don't exist, they had no reason to believe this was a kidnapping. Most parents who murder their children hide them and call it a kidnapping. Why would LE search for a missing child when the mother of that child lied about everything she told them?

    You have to remember experienced LE read people because of their experience and are rarely wrong. They almost have an antenna which alerts them when they are being lied to and after that first lie, everything which is said by ANYONE is considered suspect.

    CA & GA did not help KC any by trying to cover up for her. That put LE even more on the alert. From the minute the lies started, this in LE's mind became a possible homicide from their prior experience.

    There could not even be an amber alert because of the time since the child went missing.


  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by winteryns View Post
    Look what happen when she did get tough with her.
    Getting tough is not what Cindy did. She replaced the money in the account of the grandparents, presumably, rather than allow Casey to be held accountable. She repeatedly allowed Casey to steal from HER from her brother and from anyone else she chose to steal from and Cindy swept up the mess and covered it all up for her. She paid to get the car out of impound, when by all rights they should have just left it right there and let little miss Casey figure out how to get it out by herself. She smelled a dead body in her daughters car and did not IMMEDIATELY call the police knowing she had not seen her granddaughter or HEARD HER VOICE since she left the house on whichever day it was. She belittled Casey in front of Jesse and called her an unfit mother for not financially supporting Caylee, and called Casey's BABY a MISTAKE...She never held her ACCOUNTABLE for one of her crimes, and attacking her is hardly getting tough with her...What likely happened is that Cindy TOLD Casey she was going to take Caylee away from her that night and instead, Casey killed Caylee...Cindy has a great deal to answer for in this as well as Casey. She had obstructed and lied and destroyed evidence and lied and lied and lied. She is STILL feeding the monster that she helped to create...she has STILL not "gotten tough" with Casey...

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    I agree, especially with that last line - and I have to add something I just realized from being over on the Phone Pings thread:

    When Cindy gave her phone to LE for a forensic analysis, almost all texts were gone as well as many phone numbers. Everything before 8/2 (the phone was analyzed 8/4).

    She said nothing to them during the interview about her phone being wiped - in fact she said getting the texts would help jog her memory - and I think it's VERY ODD that her parents phone numbers were not in there, as well as many others. Just very recent numbers - LE, media, immediate family and a few very close friends. 28 numbers total.

    More food for thought.
    I spotted that too. Very very suspicious. Well, as we all know, she's engaged in a cover-up and evidence tampering.


  11. #131
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by summermood32 View Post
    Most people don't understand Mental Illness - Also I would like to say Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Cops etc. Are given Antidepressants because of job related problems!

    Do I think Cindy has a MI I'm sure the Stress CA has put her through the loss of a grandchild not getting along with her hubby money problems etc. possible!

    That's one of the reasons I never shut up... I want people to understand mental illness. I want the misconceptions to be corrected, the stigma to be erased. One of the ways to help do that is to loose your shame. Others are to share.. to share what you have been through and what you have learned and to be there to help others find the way. To show them they are not doomed, that there is indeed hope. Life can be better than what they are living right now.

    Talk and keep talking until people hear you... Society can only ignore us for so much longer- we are real and we are not going away. I could be your daughter, your wife, your mother or your friend. Think about it.

    (I know I kinda rambled here but the whole stigma thing drives me crazy.. sorry )


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:


  13. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    2,097
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    Getting tough is not what Cindy did. She replaced the money in the account of the grandparents, presumably, rather than allow Casey to be held accountable. She repeatedly allowed Casey to steal from HER from her brother and from anyone else she chose to steal from and Cindy swept up the mess and covered it all up for her. She paid to get the car out of impound, when by all rights they should have just left it right there and let little miss Casey figure out how to get it out by herself. She smelled a dead body in her daughters car and did not IMMEDIATELY call the police knowing she had not seen her granddaughter or HEARD HER VOICE since she left the house on whichever day it was. She belittled Casey in front of Jesse and called her an unfit mother for not financially supporting Caylee, and called Casey's BABY a MISTAKE...She never held her ACCOUNTABLE for one of her crimes, and attacking her is hardly getting tough with her...What likely happened is that Cindy TOLD Casey she was going to take Caylee away from her that night and instead, Casey killed Caylee...Cindy has a great deal to answer for in this as well as Casey. She had obstructed and lied and destroyed evidence and lied and lied and lied. She is STILL feeding the monster that she helped to create...she has STILL not "gotten tough" with Casey...
    Have to say that this is a very good synopsis, Magic-Kat. Among other things, both Cindy AND George should have called LE while the car was still at the tow yard - especially George, with his background.

    Instead, they had to get the car home, clean it up some and then go and find Casey - wasting many hours and actually getting rid of evidence, like the trash bag in the trunk.

    And they wonder why everyone is getting angry with them? It's pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Muzikman; 10-09-2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Added a thought


  14. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    Have to say that this is a very good synopsis, Magic-Kat. Among other things, both Cindy AND George should have called LE while the car was still at the tow yard - especially George, with his background.

    Instead, they had to get the car home, clean it up some and then go and find Casey - wasting many hours and actually getting rid of evidence, like the trash bag in the trunk.

    And they wonder why everyone is getting angry with them? It's pretty obvious.

    Exactly. I still can't believe that they did that. And being that they did, it was not done innocently. Did Cindy really think that when she set out to find Casey, that Caylee would be with her, after that stench in the car, with Caylee's car seat and favorite doll abandoned in the back seat. And George going to work like it was "just another day". Unbelievable, all of it!


  15. #134
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    That's one of the reasons I never shut up... I want people to understand mental illness. I want the misconceptions to be corrected, the stigma to be erased. One of the ways to help do that is to loose your shame. Others are to share.. to share what you have been through and what you have learned and to be there to help others find the way. To show them they are not doomed, that there is indeed hope. Life can be better than what they are living right now.

    Talk and keep talking until people hear you... Society can only ignore us for so much longer- we are real and we are not going away. I could be your daughter, your wife, your mother or your friend. Think about it.

    (I know I kinda rambled here but the whole stigma thing drives me crazy.. sorry )
    hey no compaints from me i think its awesome you care enough to do that .


  16. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    Analyzing the situation it seems as if Cindy knew what Caylee was "all about" and yet was afraid, for some reason, to get tough with her.
    Oops. I think you mean if Cindy knew what Casey was "all about." You, like me need some down time from all of this.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:


Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •