OJ Simpson sued for Pirating

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Heres a new case for Geragos :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MIAMI- DirecTV moved closer to winning its lawsuit against former football star O.J. Simpson for allegedly pirating its satellite television signal when he failed to respond to the company's complaint.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said Friday that he responded to the suit earlier this week and the paperwork was likely misplaced in the court clerk's office.

"We're fighting the lawsuit," Galanter told The Associated Press. "We're totally fighting the lawsuit."

A clerk's default was issued Thursday at the request of attorneys for DirecTV Inc., which brought the suit on March 4. Simpson was served April 5 and did not respond by the Monday deadline, according to court records.

U.S. District Court Judge Joan Lenard must still issue a formal ruling and decide whether to award damages. No hearing date has been set, but DirecTV filed a motion Friday for a final default judgment.

"Hopefully the court will enter the default judgment," Jim Boatman Jr., attorney for DirecTV, told AP. "Mr. Simpson has had an opportunity to respond and has chosen not to respond."

The El Segundo, Calif.-based company wants Simpson to pay at least $20,000 for attorneys' fees and the alleged use of the illegal equipment.

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/home/article/0,1651,TCP_996_2850519,00.html

Is OJ being sued for using stuff from DirectTV that wasn't legal or he wasn't paying for it? Must be because his budget is so strained :liar: If I had the retirement that that creep has to live on I would be in seventh heaven. He probably thought that directtv wouldn't be able to tell that he was cheating. I hope they win their case. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back