1163 users online (200 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman accused of prostituting her daughter at age four

EAST CLEVELAND -- An East Cleveland mother is accused of prostituting her daughter, starting at the age of four.

The allegations surfaced only after little Latonya had a terrible accident inside her mother's home. The county says the mother has a history of abusing her kids. So why where Latonya and her siblings still living there? And why didn't the county know about it?

It all began when the little girl was rushed to the hospital after an accident. She lost fingers when a high-powered firecracker went off in her hand.

"They had no lights in my house, I needed light to do my homework," said Latonya. She thought that the M-80 was a candle when she lit it.

The fireworks tragedy happened in her mother's home on Elm Avenue in East Cleveland where Latonya and her brother and sister were living with their mom Debanesha Wright.

Two years earlier, Debanesha lost custody of Latonya and her two other children, after Children and Family Services said she was abusing drugs, and her kids.

"There was a series of things going on at that period of time that made all these children very, very unsafe," said Jim McCafferty, the Children and Family Services Director.

So Children and Family Services did what they thought was best, place the children with their maternal grandmother, Millerine Clarke. What they didn't know is that grandma gave the kids right back to their abusive mom.

"We were supposed to be living with my grandmother. Instead my grandmother gave us back to my mother," said Latonya.

How did this happen without somebody from the agency knowing about it?

"When we give legal custody to a relative, that's a form of permanent custody. That should be a forever thing. We monitor it for a few months. When we're done, we close it," said McCafferty.

Case closed and no idea the kids were back living with mom on Elm Avenue, where new allegations of unfathomable abuse have now surfaced.

"I didn't know what was going on at first," said Latonya.

"I can't go into much detail, other than to tell you there are allegations of sexual activity of these children, with adults," said McCafferty.

"My mother was letting me sleep with men," said Latonya. "Because she wanted to make some money." She said that she was four when it first began.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=18556

article left me with more questions than answers

first of all who would allow a young girl who had been sexually abused to be interviewed by a reporter? they had direct quotes from from her. how old is the girl now. were the brother and sister also sexually abused and how old were they? how long did the prostitution go on?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight