Mr. Grund's Audio Blog 10-9-08

I just listened. Apart from the evangelism, I felt like he was saying that Casey had been molested as a child and that is why she acted as she did. Does anybody else feel like that is what he tried to say?

Sexual abuse has long been suspected to be a factor in many personality disorders such as Anti-social Personality Disorder, Multiple Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. I've wondered if maybe that was why the A's just up and moved from Ohio to Florida when Casey was a little girl.

Wait. The Rev has an audio blog?

He's quite the multi-tasker.

I'm too tired to listen to 23 minutes of anybody talking - what's the Reader's Digest?

I just listened. Apart from the evangelism, I felt like he was saying that Casey had been molested as a child and that is why she acted as she did. Does anybody else feel like that is what he tried to say?

I actually couldn't understand what he was saying? I was hoping someone would break it down. I was actually embarrassed because church-speak evades me-- I'm not a godless heathen but I just couldn't follow...

Is that what he was saying? I thought maybe it had something to do with how we are all once pure children and we fall off our path if no one comes to our aid?? I don't know...

ITA- that's the gist. Happy to provide the synopsis for those who want to skip the sermon...

He barely mentions Casey aside from mentioning that people that he's known who are promiscuous, have multiple partners or have a problem w/lust tend to have some episode of sexual molestation in their childhood. He says that certain choices were made for them early in life and until they heal that wound and are saved they can't make proper choices. He shares his own personal story about how he walked out on his family and then rebuilt his life after being saved 20 yrs ago today.

So he says that's why he has such sympathy for Casey (implies she was molested) and he closes w/a nice prayer to lift the burden for those who are suffering due to this case and wondering what happened to Caylee.

He only mentioned Casey briefly and mentioned molestation in the same breath, but he didn't actually say that she was molested. I did feel that he insinuated it, though. It started out hard to understand, then got clearer as it went on. It was mostly how, if we don't know Jesus, we can follow the wrong road in life and be miserable. He told about his own life, and quoted a lot of scripture. It was actually rather interesting.

He only mentioned Casey briefly and mentioned molestation in the same breath, but he didn't actually say that she was molested. I did feel that he insinuated it, though. It started out hard to understand, then got clearer as it went on. It was mostly how, if we don't know Jesus, we can follow the wrong road in life and be miserable. He told about his own life, and quoted a lot of scripture. It was actually rather interesting.

I have thought she was too. Hence no baby daddy.​

I definately got the feeling that is what he was trying to say. I just wonder how he would know that? If it was KC herself it might have been a lie to get him to feel sorry for her.

I definately got the feeling that is what he was trying to say. I just wonder how he would know that? If it was KC herself it might have been a lie to get him to feel sorry for her.

I agree-- who knows what she told JG??-- perhaps a sympathetic lie to placate him after the paternity debacle. I would imagine Rev. G's knowledge about Casey would come from things she told JG.

--
Also thanks to all for the synopsis-- I need to become a better listener :)

There are PLENTY of teens and young women who are promiscuous and were never molested. There are many other explanations for her promiscuity than molestation. In sociopathy, sexual promiscuity is almost a given, without any evidence or requirement of their ever having been any sexual abuse. I am not saying she was NOT abused. I AM saying that being promiscuous does not necessarily indicate that one was sexually abused as a child...

ITA- that's the gist. Happy to provide the synopsis for those who want to skip the sermon...

He barely mentions Casey aside from mentioning that people that he's known who are promiscuous, have multiple partners or have a problem w/lust tend to have some episode of sexual molestation in their childhood. He says that certain choices were made for them early in life and until they heal that wound and are saved they can't make proper choices. He shares his own personal story about how he walked out on his family and then rebuilt his life after being saved 20 yrs ago today.

So he says that's why he has such sympathy for Casey (implies she was molested) and he closes w/a nice prayer to lift the burden for those who are suffering due to this case and wondering what happened to Caylee.

Thanks so much.:toast:

There are PLENTY of teens and young women who are promiscuous and were never molested. There are many other explanations for her promiscuity than molestation.
===========

So agreed. But I believe that most of the women on the streets, most of the women who are suffering through things that they cannot even identify, can in some way relate their problems sexual exploitation or molestation.

It all makes sense to me.

Annie

There are PLENTY of teens and young women who are promiscuous and were never molested. There are many other explanations for her promiscuity than molestation.
===========

So agreed. But I believe that most of the women on the streets, most of the women who are suffering through things that they cannot even identify, can in some way relate their problems sexual exploitation or molestation.

It all makes sense to me.

Annie

Although it certainly is possible, I agree that lots of people (both male & female!) can and will have multiple sex partners for plenty of other reasons besides having been molested when they were young. Some do it just because they can! I would hate to see this being used as an "excuse" to fall back on as an explaination for outragous & dangerous behavior. There are lots and lots of people (again, both male & female) who have been molested and never act out as crazily as KC has.

Just my opinion of course.

Have you noticed that Casey always refers to them as "boys". Wouldn't you think by the age of 22 she would say "men". Just curious. I wouldn't rule out sexual abuse but I wouldn't believe her if she said she had two ears and a nose.

Have you noticed that Casey always refers to them as "boys". Wouldn't you think by the age of 22 she would say "men". Just curious. I wouldn't rule out sexual abuse but I wouldn't believe her if she said she had two ears and a nose.

Nah, we're in our 40s and we still refer to the group as boys and girls if we're playing cards or something or doing anything social - like "Boys against the girls." or "We girls are going to go shopping, what are you boys going to do." Or "Wonder what the boys are up to." See? Anyway, just a comment that even in our 40s we do it.

Just listened to Rev Grund's message and I truly feel for him and his family. Caylee touched their lives and she will be so missed by them. Hold your head high and justice will be served.

Although it certainly is possible, I agree that lots of people (both male & female!) can and will have multiple sex partners for plenty of other reasons besides having been molested when they were young. Some do it just because they can! I would hate to see this being used as an "excuse" to fall back on as an explaination for outragous & dangerous behavior. There are lots and lots of people (again, both male & female) who have been molested and never act out as crazily as KC has.

Just my opinion of course.
I agree that molestation is not always the cause of promiscuity, but in MOST instances it IS the result. Also, I know a lot of women who never had a positive male influence/loving father in their life and it has caused them to be quite promiscuous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back