947 users online (186 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Charges to be filed on protesters - They have "organized"

http://www.wftv.com/news/17684992/detail.html

The Orange County Sheriff's Office will file charges against two protesters for misdemeanor battery. The sheriff's office said the protesters lost control and committed an act of violence on George and Cindy Anthony.
    This refers to two of the protesters on that night when George sprayed them with the hose. Charge should be misdemeanor battery.

The posters have "organized" and one of them, Kathy Harris confronted George as he was drumming up "funds" for the "search".

Harris is from a new, organized group of protesters called Justice For Caylee. The group has logos and a new sign.
    George, of course, called LE.

As I said before, isn't it funny how people who malign LE as persecuting their family member etc. still call on them for help when something threatens them?
    "Leave her to heaven and to those thorns that in her bosom lodge to prick and sting her."
    Hamlet by William Shakespeare

In context, the quote was meant to advise against revenge but in the Anthony case,
    I offer it to the parents as advice to "leave her to Heaven" and cease their ill-placed protection.

What happened to the senior citizen that George pushed? (push was on video)

What happened about the private property of the dog lady destroyed by Lee? (very peaceful demonstration)

I do not agree with protester getting physical, however you would think it would go both ways. I have wondered if George being x-LE has anything to do with it.

Disclaimer: I am not an Anthony supporter, but...

I think it is good that charges have been filed against these particular protestors. Violence/vengance is not the answer.
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

What exactly are the charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Loves Lurking View Post
    What exactly are the charges?
    misdemeanor battery

Quote Originally Posted by BonKai View Post
    Disclaimer: I am not an Anthony supporter, but...

I think it is good that charges have been filed against these particular protesters. Violence/vengance is not the answer.
    And it is not the answer when practiced be George, Lee or hammer welding Cindy. What is good for the goose...
    If LE is going to prosecute the protesters let them prosecute the Anthony's they are not innocent bystanders in this mess... they go looking for it more often than not. Please recall the evening LE told Cindy to stay in the house, what did she do, not once, not twice but three times she continued to go out... Her and George with the trusty baseball bat after LE told her to stay in the house and tax dollars are protecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by GizzySmith View Post
    What happened to the senior citizen that George pushed? (push was on video)

What happened about the private property of the dog lady destroyed by Lee? (very peaceful demonstration)

I do not agree with protester getting physical, however you would think it would go both ways. I have wondered if George being x-LE has anything to do with it.
    EXACTLY! I am beyond outraged that LE and state attorney move more quickly on prosecuting protesters and ignore multiple incidents perpetrated by George, Lee and Cindy, all captured on video. The incidents you listed were the most glaring, in my opinion, but certainly not the only ones. Day after day, time after time, that 'family' attacked protesters, especially those that were peaceful, destroying their property, etc. They even hired those 'security guards' who took property belonging to others. Remember that?

I know a lot of folks here are very much against the protesters and I do understand your feelings. I certainly do not intend to debate the actions of all protesters and most certainly do not want to offend anyone who disagrees with me. I do very much respect and understand your opinions, but mine are different. While they didn't seem to be the focus of the media, there were many, many protesters who were just exercising their constitutional rights in a peaceful way.

If anyone ever hears about a legit group taking donations for a defense fund for protesters, please pm me with the info. I will be donating. TIA
    Opinion above.

wftv link
    Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is. "It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Baez said.
    How's that workin' for ya'?

Please click here to donate to TES

WARNING! EXTRA SPECIAL GRIEF CAUSES IRRITATION

Protesters have a website JusticeforCaylee.com but I went to look my computer locked up took a hard reboot.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just__me View Post
    And it is not the answer when practiced be George, Lee or hammer welding Cindy. What is good for the goose...
    If LE is going to prosecute the protesters let them prosecute the Anthony's they are not innocent bystanders in this mess... they go looking for it more often than not. Please recall the evening LE told Cindy to stay in the house, what did she do, not once, not twice but three times she continued to go out... Her and George with the trusty baseball bat after LE told her to stay in the house and tax dollars are protecting them.
    The A's do have a right to the use of their own property. AND they have a right to defend themselves. It would be a cold day in hell before someone told me or my husband to stay in our house and then fully expected us to do it. My husband and I would be camped outside in the yard with shotguns across our laps day and night. That's our right as a U.S. citizen. We do still have a constitution even if everything else is failing. I am totally against these "protestos" - vigilantes, morons, whatever you want to call them. It might be their right to speak their mind, but they definately wouldn't infringe on MY rights as a homeowner and citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    The A's do have a right to the use of their own property. AND they have a right to defend themselves. It would be a cold day in hell before someone told me or my husband to stay in our house and then fully expected us to do it. My husband and I would be camped outside in the yard with shotguns across our laps day and night. That's our right as a U.S. citizen. We do still have a constitution even if everything else is failing. I am totally against these "protestos" - vigilantes, morons, whatever you want to call them. It might be their right to speak their mind, but they definately wouldn't infringe on MY rights as a homeowner and citizen.
    You go, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Just__me View Post
    Well said. Again, abuse of the elderly is an added charge in Florida and that complaint was filed before the incidents now being prosecuted happened. Why the special treatment for those people? Why are their actions captured on video ignored? When, imo, returned in kind, suddenly the state is interested in pursuing charges.

IN MY OPINION:

Last edited by lin; 10-10-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo for clarification
    Opinion above.

wftv link
    Casey's attorney said it's not in her best interest to tell what she knows about where Caylee is. "It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage they have to put her away for life," Baez said.
    How's that workin' for ya'?

Please click here to donate to TES

WARNING! EXTRA SPECIAL GRIEF CAUSES IRRITATION

IMO, I dont think the ones getting charged with the battery is associated in anyway with the Justice for Caylee group. The ones getting charged came on their own and started trouble. The media lumped the two together in my opinion to sensationalize this piece/story. It just my opinion, unless someone can link the ones getting charged with this organized group called Justice for Caylee.com

the a's do have a right to the use of their own property. And they have a right to defend themselves. It would be a cold day in hell before someone told me or my husband to stay in our house and then fully expected us to do it. My husband and i would be camped outside in the yard with shotguns across our laps day and night. That's our right as a u.s. Citizen. We do still have a constitution even if everything else is failing. I am totally against these "protestos" - vigilantes, morons, whatever you want to call them. It might be their right to speak their mind, but they definately wouldn't infringe on my rights as a homeowner and citizen.
    right on !!

Quote Originally Posted by lin View Post
    Well said. Again, abuse of the elderly is an added charge in Florida and that complaint was filed before the incidents now being prosecuted happened. Why the special treatment for those people? Why are there actions captured on video ignored? When, imo, returned in kind, suddenly the state is interested in pursuing charges.

IN MY OPINION:

I agree, I saw the footage and the only reason why the state is pursuing charges is because of their attorney NeJame!! I'm sure he pushed this issue!!!

I will agree with this point as well. But you do have to look at ALL the facts. Sure they have every right to protect their property...but they werent sitting in chairs on the lawn with shotguns, they actually engaged and imo, added fuel to the fire. Although, guns would have been good to stop it in the first place, not coming out yelling & weilding bats & hammers. There is a civil way of acting and IMO GA & CA were acting OUT! Not handling it, the way you or I would do it. I would of never pushed or shoved an elderly woman just because she was on the side walk, let alone grab her sign. I like the gun idea, that would of detered lots of it, but no guns are allowed because their stupid daughter caused them to lose that right.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast