3. Demand for discovery and inspection relating to digital forensic evidence
Ruled in favor of defense

4. Motion to inspect, test and photograph evidence held by the state of Florida

5. Motion to compel department of children and family records
Denied, Baez has to retile

6. demand for discovery and inspection related to polygraphs

7. Motion to compel: release of records about investigation into Senoia Gonzalez

8. Motion for allowing defendant to travel to places of interest
No ruling yet, will be heard at a future court date

9. Motion to compel flight manifest

10. Motion to compel results of forensic testing

11. Defendants motion to preserve forensic evidence and for court to consider additional testing
No ruling yet, will be heard at a future court date

The pending motions that were held for a "later court date".....How long could they hold these motions?

Thanks so much Patty. This will clear up all the confusion of what was what today.

I hate reading all these rulings. It appears that the vast majority have been ruled in favor of the defense. While that may technically be correct, Baez didn't get as much as he asked for in reality.

4. Motion to inspect, test and photograph evidence held by the state of Florida Ruled in favor of defense
I'm not even sure this is accurate. Baez was trying to force the state to not destroy DNA samples, so he could test them at a later time. This is already law thus making Baez' motion absurd. He will not get to conduct his own testing at this point in time and he cannot dictate how the state conducts their investigation. He gained nothing and lost nothing with this ruling.

From my prospective, this showed us how experienced Baez is.

Baez was not given what he asked for here. He will only be given statements from those who actually were polygraphed and the state put up no argument on this issue at all. Baez will have to conduct his own investigation (or await future discovery). IMO, he did not win this one (though technically it may say he did).

7. Motion to compel: release of records about investigation into Senoia Gonzalez - Ruled in favor of defense

Again, technically, maybe the judge did rule in favor of the defense, but he gave Baez nothing. The state said what had already been turned over and it's not their fault if Baez didn't utilize what he already has available to him. It was also stated, the state doesn't have to do his legwork. At a later time, he may gain more thru discovery, but the state is under no obligation to turn over anything they are still actively investigating.

9. Motion to compel flight manifest Ruled in favor of defense
He'll only get the manifest for the initial flight. Again, he'll have to do his own investigating to get what he asked for from the state.

I probably took exception to other issues but can't remember then all right now.

Do You think JB is tired of kc being there for 6 hours a day but doesnt know how to stop it and do you think he is sick of her and thats why he was unprepared today..his heart just isnt in it?

The judge had to say yes to a least a few of the motions so Baez would quit whinning about how unfair eveything is. whatever.

Good Job Baez! Call up Geraldo now~ see if he can rent you and your wife a yacht for the day again ~ (only in exchange for your "exclusive" interview though) Cant talk to any reporter unless they have something to offer you first, right? Its all about Caylee though.

You, Geraldo, and your wife can SUCK IT!!

I was reading a KC forum on a NON WS site and I was appalled to see how fellow bloggers talked to one another so rudely at times when their point of view wasn't agreed with. Makes me appreciate all the more so how cordial and courteous fellow sleuthers are to one another here!! :blowkiss: Thank you all for making this such an enjoyable site! I don't think I will be venturing out again anytime soon!!:no:

I was reading a KC forum on a NON WS site and I was appalled to see how fellow bloggers talked to one another so rudely at times when their point of view wasn't agreed with. Makes me appreciate all the more so how cordial and courteous fellow sleuthers are to one another here!! :blowkiss: Thank you all for making this such an enjoyable site! I don't think I will be venturing out again anytime soon!!:no:

:clap: ITA! I, too, have gone down other paths/websites in my quest for the truth but continue to frequent the WS site simply because we are the best, behave in a courteous manner to one another even when disagreeing, and even have many positive comments--at least as positive as one can be in such a sad case. I appreciate Trisha, the mods, and all my fellow sleuthers, too! Thank you all.

As for the Anthonys believing this was a victory for Caylee being alive. Oh Brother! It doesnt mean much. So they threw Baez a bone or two. Not a huge deal imo

As for the Anthonys believing this was a victory for Caylee being alive. Oh Brother! It doesnt mean much. So they threw Baez a bone or two. Not a huge deal imo

Exactly! Especially since this was information he would have gotten next week when KC was indicted! So, he gets some info a few days sooner, Big Deal. It's obvious he doesn't have a clue how to even began a defense for his Kill-:bang:(cough) I mean client!

Thanks Patty, Im behind on news today so I appreciate it.
PS I hope the judge doesnt let her search (I think she could take off!)

I can't wait for the next doc dump :woohoo:

ditto!

I hate reading all these rulings. It appears that the vast majority have been ruled in favor of the defense. While that may technically be correct, Baez didn't get as much as he asked for in reality.

4. Motion to inspect, test and photograph evidence held by the state of Florida Ruled in favor of defense
I'm not even sure this is accurate. Baez was trying to force the state to not destroy DNA samples, so he could test them at a later time. This is already law thus making Baez' motion absurd. He will not get to conduct his own testing at this point in time and he cannot dictate how the state conducts their investigation. He gained nothing and lost nothing with this ruling.

From my prospective, this showed us how experienced Baez is.

Baez was not given what he asked for here. He will only be given statements from those who actually were polygraphed and the state put up no argument on this issue at all. Baez will have to conduct his own investigation (or await future discovery). IMO, he did not win this one (though technically it may say he did).

7. Motion to compel: release of records about investigation into Senoia Gonzalez - Ruled in favor of defense

Again, technically, maybe the judge did rule in favor of the defense, but he gave Baez nothing. The state said what had already been turned over and it's not their fault if Baez didn't utilize what he already has available to him. It was also stated, the state doesn't have to do his legwork. At a later time, he may gain more thru discovery, but the state is under no obligation to turn over anything they are still actively investigating.

9. Motion to compel flight manifest Ruled in favor of defense
He'll only get the manifest for the initial flight. Again, he'll have to do his own investigating to get what he asked for from the state.

I probably took exception to other issues but can't remember then all right now.

Very good analysis Nancy. I watched most of the hearing and saw the same things you did, then see the news reports about him "winning" some of these and couldn't believe that's the way they were characterizing them.

In my opinion he did not score very well today, despite what the press say. And he made himself look kind of foolish and unprepared.

His co-counsel, on the other hand, seemed very sharp, prepared and articulate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back