Local BAR says JB may have to step down

Marple

Reaction score
because he is not qualified to handle a case of this magnitude. Sorry, no link, just reported on local Fox 35. More at 6 PM.

That is most likely best for everyone involved, I think he is smitten with KC and that can't be a good thing in a murder trial. He certainly hasn't been acting like he knows what he's doing either.

because he is not qualified to handle a case of this magnitude. Sorry, no link, just reported on local Fox 35. More at 6 PM.

That would be great, ESPECIALLY if he knows something and then he isn't privileged to his client anymore. He obviously doesn't know what he is doing, that is apparent.

That is most likely best for everyone involved, I think he is smitten with KC and that can't be a good thing in a murder trial. He certainly hasn't been acting like he knows what he's doing either.

I agree. Best for all involved. Just hope it happens.

ROFLMFAO

I wonder what took them so long to determine this? He just tried another recent local case high profile as well. Lost, but hey he gotta cut his teeth somewhere!

That would be great, ESPECIALLY if he knows something and then he isn't privileged to his client anymore. He obviously doesn't know what he is doing, that is apparent.

Hmm, but can he share anything after the fact? IF he knows anything, that is.

Wouldn't he still be bound by the a/c privilege for anything he was told WHILE he was her attorney?

Sure to be a NG Bombshell, if its true, lol. From the beginning, I felt that if Casey was indicted for murder, he would have to hire co-counsel with more experience. Never did I expect him to have to step down. This has me thinkin' that some senior members of the Florida Bar Association either were tipped off to his 'unprofessional' behavior, or actually got to see it for themselves.

Now, I've got a funny smirk on my face!

I agree. Best for all involved. Just hope it happens.

What's poor KC going to do? Heaven forbid she would have to take a court appointed attorney. Will the next defense attorney in need of publicity please stand up?

Also, I wonder if Nejame would switch over and defend her if Baez has to step down?

Rats! I thought he was perfect for her! :crazy:

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!

And yes, JB would still be locked in by the attorney/client privilege. He can not disclose any information he received in his capacity as KC's attorney.

Salem

I'm kinda dissapointed in a strange sorta way:crazy:

I sure would like to hear more about this. Specifically, did the Bar decide this so that Casey couldn't file an appeal due to incompetent representation?

This is very interesting.

Hmm, but can he share anything after the fact? IF he knows anything, that is.

Wouldn't he still be bound by the a/c privilege for anything he was told WHILE he was her attorney?

If he knows something, he won't be asked to step down, but will be asked to stay on the case, only in a lesser capacity. Much like Kardasian did on the OJ Dream Team.

Hopefully, his capacity will be looking up case law and not as the Casey handler. :crazy:

Some could see this coming a mile away. He embarrassed himself in court Friday and the judge gave pyrrhic victories and wondered what the heck the motions were even placed when he had ability to depose and didn't even come to court ready with case law.

It would be best if he did. We all saw how he was at the motion hearing so imagine the murder trial. :eek:

Maybe, just maybe he called in on himself...... before all this free publicity made him look bad!

If he knows something, he won't be asked to step down, but will be asked to stay on the case, only in a lesser capacity. Much like Kardasian did on the OJ Dream Team.

Hopefully, his capacity will be looking up case law and not as the Casey handler. :crazy:

I agree with all that you said! :clap:

I think we are looking at (murder 1) way above J Baez's head.

Be careful what you wish for!!!!!

And yes, JB would still be locked in by the attorney/client privilege. He can not disclose any information he received in his capacity as KC's attorney.

Salem

Said perfectly!!!!!

handler...... the thought makes me throw up in my mind!

I hope they give her a female attorney! That would be a twist aye?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back