GUILTY WA - Parents starve girl: 14 yo weighs 48 lbs.

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
SEATTLE - A father and stepmother were charged with withholding their 14-year-old daughter's food and water so drastically that she weighed only 48 pounds, authorities said.

Jon Pomeroy, 43, and his wife, Rebecca Long, 44, could face as much as four years in prison if convicted of criminal mistreatment, prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. The couple were released on bail late Monday after the charges were brought.

The girl was removed from the family home near Carnation, about 20 miles east of Seattle, in August after a neighbor called child welfare authorities.

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081014/ap_on_re_us/girl_mistreatment;_ylt=Agv6elSD5JxBfUCRKIkPSVFH2ocA

Oh my gosh, that poor girl! That is less than what my 9 year old weighs and he is small for his age. I hope that both these "parents" are given some jail house justice for this.

This girls father failed her miserably! It sounds like he just let his new wife torture this young girl however she saw fit. Even if convicted, they'd only get 4 years at the most. A teacher did the right thing years ago and reported her concerns, yet nothing seemed to have been done and the treatment just got worse, how very sad. Because of the years of malnutrition, I don't know if this young child can make a full recovery, I hope she is and I hope she can go forward with her life and find happiness and love. Her living a good life will no doubt upset the step-mother. I wish these so called parents could get a taste of what it's like to survive on 6 ounces of water a day. VB

In 2005 school officials reported to child services about this poor girl. A case worker went to the house and this wench tells them she locks the girl up because she steals things. Social worker recommends counseling and closes the case?

Areyafreakinkiddinme?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/30988584.html

absolutely absurd....My 4 year old weighs 45 lbs and she isn't anywhere near over weight (tall and thin)

I hope they starve them in jail. They'll already be locked up.

Send that little girl to me. All I do is feed people! I would take her and love her in a second.

Man that father should be ashamed!! He must have just not cared to do nothing for his own kid. This is so sad and disgusting how they treated her.

My 13 year old weighs 105 and is considered thin for her age.

That's horrific! My 6 year old weighs 63 pounds! I can't even imagine poor thing. I know when I brush my teeth I have to drink water after because toothpaste makes me thirsty.

This just breaks my heart! My 7 year old is tall and thin and ways 60 , my 9 year old daughter 100 and my son who will be 13 in a couple of weeks is about 125 . I have been in recovery for 3 years from anorexia but my weight was never anything near this severe . I have done alot of damage to my body and many anorectics bodies never really completely heal from the years of starving themselves. This poor baby did not do this to her body but I am afraid will have many long term consequences . This poor child is in my prayers!

By the way my 4 year old weighs about 35 lbs so this is definitely ridiculous, I cant imagine how bad she looked.

The true horror this child has been through. I still cannot imagine the mindset of such abusive parents. I would literally die for my own. What the hell is wrong with people???

I wish I could take her within my arms, so gentle, and give her the heartfelt comfort that this is not what love is. Enough that she would trust that is possible. I so wish I could.

September 2009:

Four days after her husband pleaded guilty to similar charges, a Carnation woman accused of starving her 14-year-old stepdaughter entered a modified guilty plea Friday morning to denying the girl food and water as punishment.
Despite acknowledging that she'd likely be found guilty had the case gone to trial, Rebecca A. Long intends to ask that she be spared any prison time in the long-running abuse of the girl, her attorney said. Leniency is due her, the 45-year-old claims, because she suffers from a mental illness commonly known as multiple personality disorder

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/article/Accused-of-starving-stepdaughter-woman-claims-889369.php

November 2009:

Friday in Seattle, 45-year old Rebbeca Long, formerly of Carnation who isolated and starved her stepdaughter until the girl weighed just 48 pounds at 14-years old was sentenced to three years and five months in prison for her crime...

However the judge imposed upon Long a sentence at the top end of the sentencing range for the crime of first-degree criminal mistreatment.

The girl’s father, Jon Pomeroy, was also arrested in the case and has already been sentenced to three years and five months in prison...

Desperate to get enough fluid to stay alive the girl reportedly told detectives she would suck condensation from windows in the home with a straw or once in a while sneak a drink from a nearby toilet until she was caught...

hen officers found the girl she was taken to Children's Medical Center where she spent two weeks in recovery and underwent surgery to remove six of her teeth and have crowns put on the others.

Doctors said malnutrition and the apparent failure of her saliva glands destroyed her teeth. Failure of saliva glands is the body's response to severe dehydration.

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/B...H-SENTENCED-TO-THREE-YEARS-FIVE-MONTHS-213016

October 2011:

The state agency charged with protecting Washington children has agreed to pay $4.6 million to two Carnation siblings, including a girl who was starved by her father and stepmother despite an earlier report of abuse to the state agency....

The child services investigation that followed [a 2005 abuse report] found that abuse was occurring -- the girl, then 11, told investigators she was kept alone in a locked room all day, forced to sit on a concrete floor and subsist on a daily ration of two pieces of bread. Still, the girl was not removed from the home until a neighbor's report of screams at the home drew a sheriff's deputy on Aug. 13, 2008.

http://m.seattlepi.com/local/articl...mil-settlement-with-2208376.php#photo-1653831

Rayemonde, thanks for clearing up so many of these old cases. I really appreciate it.

There may be another thread for this case around here someplace?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back