1087 users online (214 members and 873 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Casey may represent herself at trial.

Wftv reporting that Casey may represent herself ... and get taxpayer monies to do so ... what are your thoughts on this?
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Wftv reporting that Casey may represent herself ... and get taxpayer monies to do so ... what are your thoughts on this?
    Maybe that's why she started dressing up today. I can see the Prosecutors now. You honor, defense counsel and the truth are strangers...
    My hero....

This is truly an awful day! Sweet darling Caylee you truly are in a better place. Only wish all of us could show you our love...

OMG. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more stranger!

don't they say truly crazy people represent themselves in trial?
    OCCAM'S RAZOR : "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

diz39 is offline This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
    How does that old saying go? Something about a man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client? 'Nuff said.
    However, I am pissed that my tax dollars continue to be wasted in this circus
    Diz
    Why is it that I feel the need to keep my tin foil beanie on at all times these days? Am I the crazy one? Or the normal one?

what a joke!

in a capital murder charge, would she be allowed to represent herself?

I am going to lock this thread for now until there is further clarification that Casey will represent herself. Thank you!.

Thank you everyone for being patient with me until I received some sort of clarification. Muzikman supplied me with a link regarding this information.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17705500/detail.html

The board has been running very slow making it difficult to get back to everyone in a timely manner. Thanks again for all your patience.

If Casey represents herself at trial, will she still be able to ask for a retrial--due to an inadequate defense, when she loses?

Everyone has the right to pro se representation ... so yes Casey can self-represent ... all she has to do is file a motion with the court with her intent and acknowledgment that she is waiving her right to counsel ... the courts generally use the same standards as they do for determining a person is fit and competent to stand trial to determine if they are fit and competent to represent themselves at trial.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

KC's self-representation with only JB's advisement is the height (and perfect marriage) of his arrogance, and her narcissism. In any case she couldn't be found both "fit and competent to represent herself," and NGBRI. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Everyone has the right to pro se representation ... so yes Casey can self-represent ... all she has to do is file a motion with the court with her intent and acknowledgment that she is waiving her right to counsel ... the courts generally use the same standards as they do for determining a person is fit and competent to stand trial to determine if they are fit and competent to represent themselves at trial.
    And since she would be acting on behalf of herself as lead council, she could probably fill the second chair with Jose. Aww.

Fandy is offline Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll never know!
    I think she would announce this to bring the circle of attention right back to her. It's a ridicules attempt and I doubt any attorney would advise her that this is a wise move. This is a real-life murder trial that is upcoming, not an episode of Law and Order. She's childish and naive (along with her other disorders) to even make such a statement.

just when you thought all the hoopla and craziness was over and done with......
    Keeping the Litterbox Clean! (these are not my cats, they are generic~mine are much cuter)!

Let's just say I'm glad I don't live in FL..what a joke.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast