1292 users online (240 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,104 of 1104
    Morag;9901483]
    I think that Scotland Yard is playing rope-a-dope with their prime suspect(s).
    [/QUOTE]

That is my first instinct as well. If they aren't then it is they that are truly going to look like the dopes.

Even the LAPD would have confirmed the timelines and checked phone records well before now.

Quote Originally Posted by aust amateur slueth View Post
    really there's been no shred of evidence of an abduction? that's very different to what Inspector Redwood said

Pre-planned abduction

"Madeleine McCann's disappearance does, on one reading of the evidence, have the hallmarks of a pre-planned abduction that would undoubtedly have involved reconnaissance so we are really keen to understand who all these people were," Inspector Redwood said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226739907655
    "On one reading of the evidence..." So there are other readings.

I think he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

He also said that they think it could have been a burglary gone wrong.

DCI Redwood said he could be the man who took Madeleine - but there could be an innocent explanation.

He said there had been a four-fold increase in the number of burglaries in the area between January and May 2007 and one possible scenario was that Madeleine had disturbed a burglar.

"Windows were a feature, as well as burglaries taking place in the evening," he said.
    If Madeleine disturbed a burglar that hardly seems pre-planned.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24528530

If Madeleine disturbed a burglar, why weren't they burgled?

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

What's the likelihood of a burglar turning a burglary into an abduction and possible murder?
    Not likely. Chances are the burglar would just take what they wanted and leave or just leave.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    I wanted to address the original title of this thread: "would you leave a child that young alone?"

I did planned to do something similar once in 2002 (So, several years before Madeleine disappeared. I might think harder about it after her story became so well known)

My husband and I were meeting friends for a vacation. We were all staying in the same hotel. They all had small children too. for just one of the evening we were together, we planned to put all the children to sleep, then meet in the hotel's common area, after dinner, which we ate with our children. We spent the day at a family themed amusement park. We had permission to bring wine ourselves and serve it in the common area.

My son was 22 months old.

I want to point out several differences.

1. This was a high rise hotel room with only one door which opened to an interior hallway.
    2. We brought a baby monitor with us and we tested it earlier in the day to be sure we'd be able to hear him through it from the common area.
    3. We were still physically in the same building that he was in, merely in another room, albeit at some distance.
    4. He was sleeping in a pack and play so he couldn't climb out and wander away.
    5. We didn't plan to visit for long.

But yes, we were planning to do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpalm View Post
    I wanted to address the original title of this thread: "would you leave a child that young alone?"

I did planned to do something similar once in 2002 (So, several years before Madeleine disappeared. I might think harder about it after her story became so well known)

My husband and I were meeting friends for a vacation. We were all staying in the same hotel. They all had small children too. for just one of the evening we were together, we planned to put all the children to sleep, then meet in the hotel's common area, after dinner, which we ate with our children. We spent the day at a family themed amusement park. We had permission to bring wine ourselves and serve it in the common area.

My son was 22 months old.

I want to point out several differences.

1. This was a high rise hotel room with only one door which opened to an interior hallway.
    2. We brought a baby monitor with us and we tested it earlier in the day to be sure we'd be able to hear him through it from the common area.
    3. We were still physically in the same building that he was in, merely in another room, albeit at some distance.
    4. He was sleeping in a pack and play so he couldn't climb out and wander away.
    5. We didn't plan to visit for long.

But yes, we were planning to do something similar.
    Just not for 6 nights in a row,though,right ? jmo moo

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Just not for 6 nights in a row,though,right ? jmo moo
    Probably wasn't planning to leave the door open either ...

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by blefuscu View Post
    Is that why they lied to the police and their friends/families about the window? And about Madeleine's "coloboma"? And why they went out jogging and played tennis while others searched areas for their daughter?
    BBM ~ I had not heard this before, please tell me this is a joke? Does anyone know when this actually happened, as in how soon after MM's disappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Girl View Post
    BBM ~ I had not heard this before, please tell me this is a joke? Does anyone know when this actually happened, as in how soon after MM's disappearance?
    Read her diary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74