1339 users online (309 members and 1030 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    342

    When will we see the Evidence?

    I hope this does not come off as greedy, expescially after the present we got today (Casey final arrest) but I have a question..

    So when will we see all the evidence the state has against Casey Anthony?

    Now that the murder charges are official, are the state has to hand over its evidence to the defense, do the doc (all evidence) become public information ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,251
    All I want is the date of the Chloroform search(es).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    You will see all the state's evidence at trial, likely not before then.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    646
    I think we wont know all the evidence until Caseys trial for murder.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Short_Stuff View Post
    I think we wont know all the evidence until Caseys trial for murder.
    really? when does Baez get to see the evidence the state has against his client?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagain View Post
    All I want is the date of the Chloroform search(es).
    I read or heard somewhere (do not remember source), that this happened around the middle of May.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,003

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Terilee View Post
    really? when does Baez get to see the evidence the state has against his client?
    In the Discovery phase.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    In the Discovery phase.
    Really? As I understand it, the State/LE have 10 days to hand over discovery to Baez so isn't this like the other times that whenever LE provided the discovery to Baez (i.e. 400 page docs, 600 page docs etc.. released previously), that it would get released to the public shortly thereafter because of the Public Information Request / Freedom of Information Act??? Am I mistaken??

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Baez will get a copy of the transcript of the GJ proceedings. Then he can have discovery of their witness list.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12
    NVM. I misread.
    Last edited by wisnooper; 10-15-2008 at 11:14 AM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyL37 View Post
    Really? As I understand it, the State/LE have 10 days to hand over discovery to Baez so isn't this like the other times that whenever LE provided the discovery to Baez (i.e. 400 page docs, 600 page docs etc.. released previously), that it would get released to the public shortly thereafter because of the Public Information Request / Freedom of Information Act??? Am I mistaken??
    That was my understanding too. What we wont know until the trial is how the prosecution interprets the information (i think it will be fairly self-explainitory however) or precisely happened or in what order.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Posts
    644
    Leaks have been running like a faucet in this case. We'll get bits and pieces here and there. After all, they have to convince a jury that she should DIE for her actions.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    Baez will get a copy of the transcript of the GJ proceedings. Then he can have discovery of their witness list.
    lol - imo - I think Baez will get a transcript *if* the state requests it to be transcribed... if not, he's on his own as far as having it done & paying for it. Dunno how it works in GJ but regular court is that way... [depending on length of time that cost can also run into the thousands of dollars....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    342
    So we will see the evidence in 10 days ???????

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    667
    I was wondering about this too. I was also wondering how long it will take to take her to trial. Now that she's been indicted, the clock is ticking and JB can ask for and receive a speedy trial. Thinking back on the SP case, it took like 6 months I think before his trial started.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Scent Evidence ... Reliable Evidence Or Junk Science?
    By Wudge in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 11:55 AM