When will we see the Evidence?

Terilee

Reaction score
I hope this does not come off as greedy, expescially after the present we got today (Casey final arrest) but I have a question..

So when will we see all the evidence the state has against Casey Anthony?

Now that the murder charges are official, are the state has to hand over its evidence to the defense, do the doc (all evidence) become public information ?

All I want is the date of the Chloroform search(es).

You will see all the state's evidence at trial, likely not before then.

I think we wont know all the evidence until Caseys trial for murder.

In the Discovery phase.

Really? As I understand it, the State/LE have 10 days to hand over discovery to Baez so isn't this like the other times that whenever LE provided the discovery to Baez (i.e. 400 page docs, 600 page docs etc.. released previously), that it would get released to the public shortly thereafter because of the Public Information Request / Freedom of Information Act??? Am I mistaken??

Baez will get a copy of the transcript of the GJ proceedings. Then he can have discovery of their witness list.

Really? As I understand it, the State/LE have 10 days to hand over discovery to Baez so isn't this like the other times that whenever LE provided the discovery to Baez (i.e. 400 page docs, 600 page docs etc.. released previously), that it would get released to the public shortly thereafter because of the Public Information Request / Freedom of Information Act??? Am I mistaken??

That was my understanding too. What we wont know until the trial is how the prosecution interprets the information (i think it will be fairly self-explainitory however) or precisely happened or in what order.

Leaks have been running like a faucet in this case. We'll get bits and pieces here and there. After all, they have to convince a jury that she should DIE for her actions.

Baez will get a copy of the transcript of the GJ proceedings. Then he can have discovery of their witness list.

lol - imo - I think Baez will get a transcript *if* the state requests it to be transcribed... if not, he's on his own as far as having it done & paying for it. Dunno how it works in GJ but regular court is that way... [depending on length of time that cost can also run into the thousands of dollars.... :blowkiss: :eek:

I was wondering about this too. I was also wondering how long it will take to take her to trial. Now that she's been indicted, the clock is ticking and JB can ask for and receive a speedy trial. Thinking back on the SP case, it took like 6 months I think before his trial started.

I still am confused ~

The state has to turn over evidence NOW so Casey's attorney has time to examine the evidence and prepare for trial. correct???

If that is correct, then wouldnt it be correct that the minute it is turned over to Baez, it also becomes public record as well?

anyone know how this works? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

With Florida and their full disclosure laws, we'll probably see most of it thru the discovery phase. That's assuming the judge doesn't seal it.

In most instances though, we would never see the bulk till trial. That's why I like prelims. :) Of course the state doesn't play their entire hand at a prelim, either.

Do they have 10 days to turn it all over? I thought they were given 10 days to turn over the evidences that the judge ruled on last week? They most definitely will have X amount of time to get it turned over to the defense. I'm just not sure it's 10 days.

I still am confused ~

The state has to turn over evidence NOW so Casey's attorney has time to examine the evidence and prepare for trial. correct???

If that is correct, then wouldnt it be correct that the minute it is turned over to Baez, it also becomes public record as well?

anyone know how this works? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

They may try and cut a deal to seal the evidence and submit information and plea to a lessor charge. We may never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back