NC NC - Jennifer Ramsey Rivkin, 42, Gastonia, 4 May 2008

Thanks for posting this Barb. I tried looking for more information, but there isn't much. A few articles around her disappearence and then pretty much nothing. I did find one article with a little more information about her (see below).

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/rivkin_31472___article.html/mother_missing.html

I am surprised there isn't more out there about the case. Did she have a relationship with someone, was the bar somewhere she went on a regular basis, has the "roommate" been questioned, ex's, etc.

I have also seen mentioned a few times that she is one of 3 people missing in a short span of time, but LE is saying they are not linked.

Jennifer Ramsey Rivkin

Missing since: May 4, 2008 from Gastonia, North Carolina
Classification: Endangered missing
Height and weight: 5'5", 130 pounds
Distinguishing characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green/hazel eyes.
Clothing/jewelry description: A tank top and blue jeans.
Medical conditions: Rivkin has a drug abuse problem.

Rivkin was last heard from when she left a cellular phone message for a friend on May 4, 2008. She was reported missing on May 6, when the borrowed silver BMW she'd been driving was found abandoned at the Winner's Circle Bar and Grill in the 2500 block of west Franklin Boulevard Gastonia, North Carolina. The vehicle's sunroof was open. Rivkin's purse, driver's license and makeup bag were in the front of the car, and some clothes were in the trunk. She had visited the restaurant before, but she wasn't a frequent customer and she didn't sign in on the day of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Rivkin was unemployed at the time of her disappearance; she has previous work experience as a hairdresser and a songwriter. She lived with part time with a friend in the 100 block of Matthew Drive in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, and part time with her parents west of Bessemer City, North Carolina. Her loved ones stated it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Gastonia Police Department
(704) 866-6976

Gaston County Crime Stoppers
(704) 861-8000

Taken from
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivkin_jennifer.html

Brought over from my post in the other threads. I think it is important to remember Jennifer disappeared not even a month after Jaime and only 4 months before Rebecca. If you count Randi and Heather who were both Gastonia natives and both found murderd within the last 2 weeks of eachother and both dumped in the same area then you are up to at least 6 missing or murdered women in Gastonia.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fraley_jamie.html (Jaime Fraley, 22, missing since 04/08/08)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rivkin_jennifer.html (Jennifer Rivkin, 42, missing since 05/04/08)

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/missing_database/?p=1678 (rebecca mainess, 16 missing since 08/01/08)

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/police-27791-zapata-county.html?referer=sphere_search (Nataly Zapata, 16, missing since 07/08/08)

And then Heather Catterton's body was just found in October in Kings Mt. State Park - she was from Gastonia too.

am doing this on behalf of the owner of this board, Tricia Griffiths ... she is making a plea for all WSrs to help immediately !!

URGENT !!

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Marc Klaas and KlaasKids desperately needs help NOW from each and every Websleuther to support Trucker TV through America.

Please take 3 minutes to read the above link, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND.

Then forward the above link to your email contacts, everyone, everywhere, so they can do the same.

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

This may be the most important action you can ever take on behalf of missing children. THANK YOU TO ALL WSrs WHO MAY HAVE ALREADY RESPONDED TO THIS CALL !!

i wish some of my fellow sleuthers could find the incarceration records for danny robbie hembree jr., 1 murder and 2 missing women in gaston county within a 4 week period in april-may of 2008, the yarmolenko girl was murdered, and fraley and rivkin both disappeared without a trace.

i'm interested in checking because i don't believe hembree could have begun killing in 1992, and then just resume his activities in 2008, i'm aware of course that he is innocent until found guilty, however the evidence against him is strong in all 3 murders.

also i haven't seen any followup on the remains found in the quarry in kings mountain nc found in sept 2010.

Just some tidbits of my observations and opinions. I hope it helps.

It is very likely that the Jaime Fraley case and the Jennifer Rivkin case are not related. I say this because of the circumstances and the areas of which these two girls were last seen. At the time of Fraley's disappearance, I lived in the Brentwood Chase apartments on Lowell Bethesda Rd. which is about 2 blocks from where Fraley lived and was last seen. The apartments that she lived in was not your normal apartment complex. It was only one building, very small and very run down. The area was riddled with drugs and ex cons living there. I believe that it was stated that she was involved with an older man who was a felon that was later found dead in the trunk of a mutual female friend of Fraley's car. Apparently, this man purposely got into the trunk to follow this woman, got trapped in the trunk, and died of heat exhaustion. The whole story was pretty bizarre. I think this man was just a friend of Fraley's. Her boyfriend was locked up in prison at the time of her disappearance. Anyway, I believe that she may have gotten mixed up with this older friend of hers and something happened. If not that, she may have fell victim to her surroundings and was abducted.

With Rivkin, her car was found along a pretty dangerous area nowhere near where Fraley was last seen. Dixie village is home to a couple of sketchy bars and drugs also riddle Franklin BLVD. with an infinite number of thugs as well. Its quite possible that she got randomly abducted by some lowlife.

My overall point is that Gastonia, like most other cities, has some bad areas where women can easily turn up missing. Traces of these women were both in and around such bad areas, although nowhere near each other. The only connection the cases have is drugs, Rivkin being a known addict and Fraley living amongst a drug haven. Other than that, and given the fact of the high volume of criminals and drug addicts in the city and the nature of the areas, it's really hard to pin these cases on one particular individual. The same applies to the other cases as well.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Being a resident of Gaston county my whole life, pointing out the high abundance the area has of scum is stating the obvious if you are familiar with the area. It could have been one in the same that committed these crimes, but I would bet against it.

Take it for what it's worth.

Just some tidbits of my observations and opinions. I hope it helps.

It is very likely that the Jaime Fraley case and the Jennifer Rivkin case are not related. I say this because of the circumstances and the areas of which these two girls were last seen. At the time of Fraley's disappearance, I lived in the Brentwood Chase apartments on Lowell Bethesda Rd. which is about 2 blocks from where Fraley lived and was last seen. The apartments that she lived in was not your normal apartment complex. It was only one building, very small and very run down. The area was riddled with drugs and ex cons living there. I believe that it was stated that she was involved with an older man who was a felon that was later found dead in the trunk of a mutual female friend of Fraley's car. Apparently, this man purposely got into the trunk to follow this woman, got trapped in the trunk, and died of heat exhaustion. The whole story was pretty bizarre. I think this man was just a friend of Fraley's. Her boyfriend was locked up in prison at the time of her disappearance. Anyway, I believe that she may have gotten mixed up with this older friend of hers and something happened. If not that, she may have fell victim to her surroundings and was abducted.

With Rivkin, her car was found along a pretty dangerous area nowhere near where Fraley was last seen. Dixie village is home to a couple of sketchy bars and drugs also riddle Franklin BLVD. with an infinite number of thugs as well. Its quite possible that she got randomly abducted by some lowlife.

My overall point is that Gastonia, like most other cities, has some bad areas where women can easily turn up missing. Traces of these women were both in and around such bad areas, although nowhere near each other. The only connection the cases have is drugs, Rivkin being a known addict and Fraley living amongst a drug haven. Other than that, and given the fact of the high volume of criminals and drug addicts in the city and the nature of the areas, it's really hard to pin these cases on one particular individual. The same applies to the other cases as well.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Being a resident of Gaston county my whole life, pointing out the high abundance the area has of scum is stating the obvious if you are familiar with the area. It could have been one in the same that committed these crimes, but I would bet against it.

Take it for what it's worth.

yeah crown, i have lived down s new hope road for 26 years. in the fraley case, the man found dead in the trunk was also the father of jaime fraley's boyfriend that was incarcerated at the time. the rivkin case and possibly the yarmalenko murder are a closer fit.

from the excellent records provided by kaybug, it appears he was incarcerated at the time of all of these crimes.

i still don't believe hembree started killing, stopped for 16 years and began killing again, this time 30 days apart.

from the excellent records provided by kaybug, it appears he was incarcerated at the time of all of these crimes.

i still don't believe hembree started killing, stopped for 16 years and began killing again, this time 30 days apart.

that's not how I read the incarceration records at all. if I am reading them correctly, he did 2 years and 4 months for robbery, being released on Jan 13 2007. Since his next offense date was November 29, 2009, again a robbery, one could conclude that he was free from January 13, 2007 until he was arrested for the 11/29/09 crime.

I make no suggestion whatsoever that he was involved by interpreting the incarceration records the way I did.

that's not how I read the incarceration records at all. if I am reading them correctly, he did 2 years and 4 months for robbery, being released on Jan 13 2007. Since his next offense date was November 29, 2009, again a robbery, one could conclude that he was free from January 13, 2007 until he was arrested for the 11/29/09 crime.

I make no suggestion whatsoever that he was involved by interpreting the incarceration records the way I did.

on the record directly below the 1/13/2007 release date. it shows

Sentence Number: BB-002 Commitment Type: INMATE
Conviction Date: 05/13/2005 County Of Conviction: GASTON
Service Status: EXPIRED Sentence Begin Date: 01/13/2007
Actual Release Date: 01/01/2009
Punishment Type: ACTIVE SS Projected Release Date: 01/01/2009
Sentence Type 1: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS
Minimum Term: 2 YEARS Maximum Term: 2 YEARS 5 MONTHS

Commitment
Docket#
Offense (Qualifier)
Offense Date
Type
Sentencing
Penalty
Class Code

CONSECUTIV TO SENTENCE NUMBER BB-001 04060347 COMMON LAW ROBBERY (PRINCIPAL) 06/22/2004 FELON CLASS G

i read this as his incarceration never ended and he was kept in prison for this next offense to 1/1/09, however i have never tried to interpret these records before and i could be wrong.

on the record directly below the 1/13/2007 release date. it shows

Sentence Number: BB-002 Commitment Type: INMATE
Conviction Date: 05/13/2005 County Of Conviction: GASTON
Service Status: EXPIRED Sentence Begin Date: 01/13/2007
Actual Release Date: 01/01/2009
Punishment Type: ACTIVE SS Projected Release Date: 01/01/2009
Sentence Type 1: DEPT OF CORR DIV OF PRISONS
Minimum Term: 2 YEARS Maximum Term: 2 YEARS 5 MONTHS

Commitment
Docket#
Offense (Qualifier)
Offense Date
Type
Sentencing
Penalty
Class Code

CONSECUTIV TO SENTENCE NUMBER BB-001 04060347 COMMON LAW ROBBERY (PRINCIPAL) 06/22/2004 FELON CLASS G

i read this as his incarceration never ended and he was kept in prison for this next offense to 1/1/09, however i have never tried to interpret these records before and i could be wrong.

it is confusing. it looks like that time served for the next offense began on January 13, 2007 until January 1, 2009.

thats how i interpreted it wr. but if he was out, he would be a close suspect in the rivkin disappearance, the bar where the car she was using was discovered is close to where he "resides". and i speculate that her substance abuse could have put her in contact with the victim pool that hembree used.

I think it is safe to say that if Hembree was locked up on the date Jennifer disappeared, the judicial community would call that an "air tight alibi".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back