1232 users online (266 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Three girls under age 5 left home alone

Heather Lynn Vaughan went to a party. She claims she was in no shape to drive home. That's what she told the cops waiting for her after being out overnight and possibly longer.

The problem is Vaughan left her three daughter's home alone. The girls are aged 4, and twins that are 1. Alone. At least she was thoughtful enough to lock the door on the twins. Vaughan also said she left the girls with a sitter when she left, but was unable to provide a name to LE. Sure. Sure she did.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=6445387

Myspace

Heather Vaughan is the "Sweetest Taste Of Sin". Her words. She has beautiful children who by all accounts seem to be loved and cared for. No doubt it has to be immensely overwhelming for a single mom to care for these children alone. However, you can not leave kids home alone.

For Lord's sake there could have been a fire or someone break in. She messed up big time.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=120054445

Party mom.

Get a grip, lady. ....and a sitter.

All for the sake of going to a party I wonder what time she left home that evening? I wonder who turned her in and how they knew that the babies were home alone?

Even when I have a babysitter, I am always calling home and checking up. I'm always at least a little bit nervous or anxious leaving the kids at home, even with the most reliable babysitter. I don't believe she cared enough about her children to put them above a party.

Someone in the comments claims to be her sibling. Even s/he won't claim her:
    This woman happens to be my sister. I can't believe that she would do this. I cant take her side on this one. She has caused so much pain in my heart to see my nieces in a situation like that. I am glad that they are with there dad. I hope to go see them soon. I know that there dad is taking care of them. I believe that she needs to pay the price for what she did. Our family is torn apart by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Heather Lynn Vaughan went to a party. She claims she was in no shape to drive home. That's what she told the cops waiting for her after being out overnight and possibly longer.

The problem is Vaughan left her three daughter's home alone. The girls are aged 4, and twins that are 1. Alone. At least she was thoughtful enough to lock the door on the twins. Vaughan also said she left the girls with a sitter when she left, but was unable to provide a name to LE. Sure. Sure she did.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=6445387
    At least she didn't claim she left them with Zenaida!

I know it's hard to be a young, single mother. But, you know, lots of things are hard. That's life.

She should try staying home with her kids INSTEAD of partying. Novel idea, I know. She might develop a good relationship with them -- find she likes them, even. She might come to the conclusion that investing the time and caring into her parenting will eventually do more good in the long run than investing time and money into a party. I mean, in the long run what is she going to remember: her kids' childhood moments, or her nights at some stupid party?

I hope the kids stay with their dad, and that he has more sense than his stupid baby mama.