894 users online (192 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AR - Kelli Rice, 25, Ione, 2 March 2008

In March of this year a 25 year old mother went missing. She was last seen with Steven Long and Aaron Henry. These men claim she jumped out the window of a moving truck before she could be stopped, and she was never seen or heard from again. The truck window she is alleged to have jumped out of required pliers to unroll. Furthermore, Kelli was sitting between the two men.

Steven Long, who apparently uses several aliases, has since left town. Just prior to leaving town, Steven Long dropped Kelli's purse off with her family.

Kelli's clothing and a jacket were found near a campsite in Ione. The jacket had "drag marks" on it. Law enforcement has refused to return phone calls to Kelli's family regarding her disappearance. Additionally, they have threatened the family with arrest if they continue to search for her on their own.

If this were your daughter, sister, mother, friend or niece, you would want to know what happened to her. You would, hopefully, do everything in your family to bring her home. Kelli's family will do whatever it takes to find her. Please come forward with any information you might have. You may contact the Logan County Sheriff's Department. A Myspace page has also been set up for Kelli at http://www.myspace.com/help_find_kelli

Please help! Her little boy would like his mommy back. Someone knows what happened to Kelli. Please let your conscience guide you and tell what you know!

(timeline from another site)
    The following timeline comes from the familyís own investigation of Kelliís disappearance. At this time, nobody has been named a suspect or even a person of interest in the investigation, and the family believes that local law enforcement has simply decided not to look for Kelli. All information from here out comes from Kelliís family and friends.

On February 29, Kelli went to a friendís house. Sometime during that evening, her friends Beronica Terry and Terry Luther Jr. met her at the house and the three of them went to visit a man named Steven Long at his trailer near Ione. Steven Long and Kelli had an on-again, off-again relationship, and Long was reportedly upset that Kelli refused to see him exclusively.

The next day, Kelli, Steven Long and a guy named Aaron Henry went to Ft. Smith, Arkansas to sell drugs to Kelliís cousin, Mary Foster. Mary says that she bought the drugs the evening of March 1. Then Kelli, Long and Henry left her house between 2:00 and 2:30 on the morning of March 2. The trio said they were headed back to Steven Longís place.

One man later told deputies that he had seen Kelli Rice walking in the woods near Ione about twelve hours after the group left Mary Fosterís home. He spotted a woman who he believes may have beenKelli at about two in the afternoon of March 2. Days later, Kelliís jacket was found nearby. There was no blood on the jacket, but there did appear to be marks on the back that looked like whoever was wearing the jacket had been dragged across the ground.

When Kelli didnít show up to get her baby, her family called to report her missing and deputies questioned the people with whom she was last seen. Aaron Henry reportedly told the investigating officer that Kelli had ďfreaked outĒ on the way back from Mary Fosterís house. Henry allegedly said that Kelli had jumped out the window of Longís pick-up truck and they ďnever saw her againĒ.

The problem with his story is that Kelli traditionally rode in the middle of the front seat of that truck, and that window didnít work without using pliers to crank it. In order to jump out the window, Kelli would have had to jump over Steven Long, use the pliers to crank the window, and get out without anyone stopping her.

Beronica Terry told Kelliís family that she gave a statement to the police saying that Steven Long had asked her to beat up Kelli. Terry Luther Jr. told the family that Steven Long had offered to pay him and Beronica to bring Kelli to Stevenís house.

And Steven Long, for his part, seems to have left the Ione area himself. Kelliís family says that Long uses several aliases and has talked a lot, but his story changes each time. In fact, he dropped off Kelliís purse with her family shortly after she went missing. At this point, Kelliís mother Rhonda believes that Long and Henry murdered Kelli on the night of March 2.

Kelliís clothes were found in March near a campfire in the woods near Ione. No other hard evidence appears to have been found. Kelli has not called or shown up for her son - actions her family says are unthinkable for her if she is still alive. The family has received phone calls stating that Kelliís body has been found or was in a well - one area well was drained to search, but Kelliís body was not in it. Local law enforcement officials have not commented on this case except to say that Kelliís body has not been found and that they are treating this case as a missing persons investigation.

If you know Kelli Renee Rice or have any information about her condition or whereabouts, please call the Logan County Arkansas Sheriffís Office at (479)963-3271.

Hi guy's I'm new here and this is my first thread so, I hope I haven't made any mistakes.... I'm not a family member of Kelli's but, this was written by a family member who, is working very hard to find Kelli. LE is not cooperating and I can't find a single news report on her disappearance. I know you websleuthers have done awesome work and are a very smart group of people so, I was hoping that if ya'll had any suggestions then, maybe you could go to the myspace set up for Kelli and help her family out. I'm lost on what to do here but, I know some of you could possibly point her family in the right direction. Please help, the thought of her 2 y/o son not having his mommy breaks my heart.

I just added to myspace, I am in Arkansas and should they search I may be able to help.

I have not read anything about this until now.

I am simply amazed at the number of missing that do not get media attention.
    If all had media attention right away I think they would more likely be found.

Quote Originally Posted by OkGrace View Post
    I just added to myspace, I am in Arkansas and should they search I may be able to help.

I have not read anything about this until now.

I am simply amazed at the number of missing that do not get media attention.
    If all had media attention right away I think they would more likely be found.
    Thankyou for adding her myspace ... I don't know her family but, this story has touched my heart. All of you w.s.er's are so clever and I really feel like you guys could help. I read on another forum that the family has continuously contacted LE and the media but, aren't recieving any help. I'm under the impression that LE and the media are treating her as a "throw-away" b/c she's made some mistakes in her past and they think she left on her own but, once you read the story, you know that she didn't just jump out of a moving vehicle and run off on her own... it's a shame and it's breaking my heart just thinking about her 2 y/o wanting his mommy .

Quote Originally Posted by jo_momma_82 View Post
    Thankyou for adding her myspace ... I don't know her family but, this story has touched my heart. All of you w.s.er's are so clever and I really feel like you guys could help. I read on another forum that the family has continuously contacted LE and the media but, aren't recieving any help. I'm under the impression that LE and the media are treating her as a "throw-away" b/c she's made some mistakes in her past and they think she left on her own but, once you read the story, you know that she didn't just jump out of a moving vehicle and run off on her own... it's a shame and it's breaking my heart just thinking about her 2 y/o wanting his mommy .

Everyone has someone who loves them and will miss them when they are missing.
    I cannot even begin to imagine.
    My boys mean the world to me.(although they may drive me to drinking one day lol!)
    It is hard to believe she jumped out under the circumstances, does not make sense.

Just bumping thread.
    Emailed myspace contact and noted that she has been mentioned here.
    Maybe her Mom will get some ideas on how to proceed from people who have been in her shoes.

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    I don't understand why LE is not helping out here. I am beginning to see this a lot lately. I hope her family gets some answers soon. Her poor kids deserve to have answers later on.
    Please excuse me if I have replied to a post and can no longer find that thread. WS is wonderful all around and I don't want anyone to think I am being rude.. I forget what thread I post on at times.

Just bumping thread.
    Emailed myspace contact and noted that she has been mentioned here.
    Maybe her Mom will get some ideas on how to proceed from people who have been in her shoes.
    Yeah, I went to her myspace first and asked if it would be okay to post this here... she was thankful and happy that the word is getting out. I appreciate everyone who is taking interest in this case and hopefully it'll keep Kelli and her family from falling through the cracks of the system. You guy's are awesome !

Hey...
    this part doesn't make sense to me at all...

"Law enforcement has refused to return phone calls to Kelli's family regarding her disappearance. Additionally, they have threatened the family with arrest if they continue to search for her on their own." I mean, what the heck is that about??? Arrests if they continue to look for her??? It sounds like some mob or something...or some bad cop thing going on. Lol...ok i'm not making sense. But how you can tell a family member they'll be arrested if they continue to look on their own for someone they love??? Man!!!!
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

On her myspace page, her mom says that Kelli has 5 kids!
    Does anyone know anything more about that?
    Like did they all live w/ her?
    How come only the baby is mentioned?
    Also, on her mom's myspace page, under the pics, there are a couple pics of Kelli...she looks pretty in them...
    sounds like a crazy stressful story...
    her poor mom....
    her poor kids...
    that's alot of kids to not have a mom
    i wonder where the other kids are?
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    Hey...
    this part doesn't make sense to me at all...

"Law enforcement has refused to return phone calls to Kelli's family regarding her disappearance. Additionally, they have threatened the family with arrest if they continue to search for her on their own." I mean, what the heck is that about??? Arrests if they continue to look for her??? It sounds like some mob or something...or some bad cop thing going on. Lol...ok i'm not making sense. But how you can tell a family member they'll be arrested if they continue to look on their own for someone they love??? Man!!!!
    Surely they would not arrest someone looking for thier loved one.
    Perhaps emotions are running high and words got out of hand!
    I am suprised that the story (jumping out of a vehicle) was not questioned.
    Maybe LE cannot make an arrest until they have more solid evidence.
    I think in instances like this LE has way more info then public knows and it may be aggravating to them not to be able to let anyone in on that info.

Yeah, I went to her myspace first and asked if it would be okay to post this here... she was thankful and happy that the word is getting out. I appreciate everyone who is taking interest in this case and hopefully it'll keep Kelli and her family from falling through the cracks of the system. You guy's are awesome !

Kudos to you for bringing it here, I am in Arkansas and did not even know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by soyesterday View Post
    On her myspace page, her mom says that Kelli has 5 kids!
    Does anyone know anything more about that?
    Like did they all live w/ her?
    How come only the baby is mentioned?
    Also, on her mom's myspace page, under the pics, there are a couple pics of Kelli...she looks pretty in them...
    sounds like a crazy stressful story...
    her poor mom....
    her poor kids...
    that's alot of kids to not have a mom
    i wonder where the other kids are?

I have invited Kelli's mother here and hopefully she'll join and we can get more of the story. She and a family friend are on D'D and they are answering questions there but, I thought maybe WS could be more helpful to her.

I have invited Kelli's mother here and hopefully she'll join and we can get more of the story. She and a family friend are on D'D and they are answering questions there but, I thought maybe WS could be more helpful to her.
    The contact from Kelli's myspace just contacted me and requested this be posted since you are not online Jo Momma. She emailed you first.
    I'm in the process of waiting to be approved on websleuths or something of the sort. And as soon as I am, I'll go and answer all the questions I can.

If you'd like to answer some for me in the meantime:

Kelli birthed 5 children. She only has custody of the 2yo. There were two adoptions and two are with their fathers. These were the best decisions for the children at the time.

Yes, she was a bad girl. Yes, she played with drugs and some petty theft. She paid her debt to society. That shouldn't mean that we don't deserve help in finding her or her body. The way the family is being treated is sickening.

Law enforcement (sheriff, Stevie Smith) is not searching for Kelli. He considers her "missing at will" and won't change that or ask for help from the FBI and haven't listed her on the missing database. Kelli is NOT missing at will.

It is true that no phone calls are returned from LE to her mother or anybody else in regards to this case. However, the man running for sheriff against Stevie Smith talked with Kelli's mom yesterday and it seems he (James Morris) will use this case in his campaign. That is some of the best news, yet!

It is also true that the family has been threatened with arrest if they continued their search of Walker Ridge (where her clothes were found). I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened. Yes, emotions are running high. We can't get help from anyone in authority and have had to do this on our own.

Nobody seems to know about this case. There has been no coverage. The people at the other site (not sure if DD can be mentioned) have flooded the papers and TV channels with emails and letters. Nobody has received a single response from anybody.

Oh wait, except me. I sent the Booneville Democrat one more letter. I asked... What can I do to get you to cover this story? If I buy adspace and write it myself will you print it? They didn't say they'd print it, but they did take the time to send me a pdf list of their ad prices.

As long as Stevie Smith refuses to condider that this girl isn't missing at will, I fear we won't get anymore help that we are now. The National Center for Missing Adults is going to list her on their database, even though the sheriff is saying missing at will. That's one good thing.

Thanks for your help!

The contact from Kelli's myspace just contacted me and requested this be posted since you are not online Jo Momma. She emailed you first.
    I'm in the process of waiting to be approved on websleuths or something of the sort. And as soon as I am, I'll go and answer all the questions I can.

If you'd like to answer some for me in the meantime:

Kelli birthed 5 children. She only has custody of the 2yo. There were two adoptions and two are with their fathers. These were the best decisions for the children at the time.

Yes, she was a bad girl. Yes, she played with drugs and some petty theft. She paid her debt to society. That shouldn't mean that we don't deserve help in finding her or her body. The way the family is being treated is sickening.

Law enforcement (sheriff, Stevie Smith) is not searching for Kelli. He considers her "missing at will" and won't change that or ask for help from the FBI and haven't listed her on the missing database. Kelli is NOT missing at will.

It is true that no phone calls are returned from LE to her mother or anybody else in regards to this case. However, the man running for sheriff against Stevie Smith talked with Kelli's mom yesterday and it seems he (James Morris) will use this case in his campaign. That is some of the best news, yet!

It is also true that the family has been threatened with arrest if they continued their search of Walker Ridge (where her clothes were found). I wasn't there, so I don't know exactly what happened. Yes, emotions are running high. We can't get help from anyone in authority and have had to do this on our own.

Nobody seems to know about this case. There has been no coverage. The people at the other site (not sure if DD can be mentioned) have flooded the papers and TV channels with emails and letters. Nobody has received a single response from anybody.

Oh wait, except me. I sent the Booneville Democrat one more letter. I asked... What can I do to get you to cover this story? If I buy adspace and write it myself will you print it? They didn't say they'd print it, but they did take the time to send me a pdf list of their ad prices.

As long as Stevie Smith refuses to condider that this girl isn't missing at will, I fear we won't get anymore help that we are now. The National Center for Missing Adults is going to list her on their database, even though the sheriff is saying missing at will. That's one good thing.

Thanks for your help!
    OKGRACE, THANKYOU SO MUCH !!! I'm so glad she's coming over here and I'm so happy that their going to finally get some help. So, the person running her myspace isn't her mother ? Oop's, this whole time I've been referring to him/her as Kelli's mom. Either way, I'm so happy to hear that their one step closer to getting the justice Kelli and her family deserve. I will be going to check my myspace messages now and, once again, thankyou so much OKGRACE !!!

Hey, I think I can post now, wow! I never got the OK email, probaly my fault in registering, but hey, I'll try it out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast