*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoelace

looking for answers...
Reaction score
i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

Welcome David,

Well, at least you know your feelings of compassion are weird. (jk) wink.
I for one do not feel compassion for a cold blooded killer of a sweet, precious child. May she rot in prison.

Hi David-

I've felt like this at times, but then I realized that some people are just born with something deeply flawed in their make up. Some manage to fly under the radar and live mostly normal lives. Some spend alot of time and energy trying to overcome their mental problems. Some, like Casey, actively embrace their mental defects all the while denying they even have them.

I really think there is something intrinsically flawed in her wiring and this is a nature, not nurture issue. There may have been certain things in her life that made her problems worse, but I think they're things that she herself embraced, like promiscuity, alcohol, drugs, transient relationships, ect ect... She snowballed herself into this situation.

I also think that she is adept at playing the martyr and victim when all the while she victimizes others.

For me, compassion ends where free will begins.

I understand where you are coming from. Last night was mixed feelings for me, too. The main reason is that Casey looks like a normal 22 year old young woman. She doesn't look like a killer, or someone who will even survive in prison. But then... I think about the pictures of her smiling and slithering all over her boyfriend at the night club while Caylee was missing. It sickens me. I have no compassion for Casey.

i think that kc is a piece of ****. i think that kc has blown it beyond belief. i think that kc is guilty of murdering her daughter.

what i'm saying is that to get to that point... to become a person who could do this... it's sad. i have no idea why tonight i am now feeling like this... i haven't before. but after watching all of today's news, i really felt that there are multiple victims, and she's one.

i know i suck.

I certainly respect your feelings..and really do wish that I could have the same feelings but I can't. I have to admit, during this case, I have done some research on others who have harmed their children, and the sad thing is, most of them looked normal, and most certainly didn't look as though they could do it. The difference in some of the others are the tears, some did cry to the public for the safe return of their child knowing what they did..That is sickening in itself, but Casey didn't make that attempt at all, which in its own way, made this case far worse than some of the others..

i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

david.
i respect your point of view and opinion ..id probably feel the same way as you except she has shown no remorse .. she was out partying .. if she had any love for that child then her heart wouldve been broken . no true grieving in all the world couldve made her smile like she did in those pics . she threw that little angel away and never looked back . and look at what she has done to her parents .. took away thier angel she couldve just let her be with them but no .. it was her way or else .. i dont feel sorry for her . id have to hear the entirety of what happened and how and where before i could say that there would be even a slim chance i would .not poor cindy not poor casey .. poor angel caylee who didnt even have a chance to live the life she was meant to live ..all the memories she couldve made for herself gone.. .her laughs her little crooked smiles.. her first kiss that was to be with her prince charming someday.. ALL gone cuz of casey ..

David,

I joined WS because of my obsession with the Laci Peterson case. I never left because WS is an awesome place, with awesome people and it's just not for crime and you will find compassion here. I don't know how much compassion you will find here for KC. I, myself, am not even close to being sure that KC murdered Caylee or covered up an accident that happened to Caylee while Caylee was with her. If Caylee is gone, I think someone else did it and KC was warned not to tell anyone by someone powerful in the crime world or at least someone evil in some capacity. If Caylee is still here, I still think that KC was warned not to say anything, especially in light of the jailhouse visit by PB and my feeling that he warned her not to talk. But then there is the backing up of the car to the Anthony garage and the borrowing of the shovel that makes her look as if she put Caylee's body in the trunk of her car but maybe she used the shovel to break the lock on the door of the shed to steal the gas cans but I don't think that works with the timeline.

You feel that something bad happened to her, as others do here. Have you read RG's theory on that? Supposedly, he will be telling what he knows about that in the future and does insinuate that KC was sexually abused. Susan Smith comes up often here. She was sexually abused by her stepfather, well into her adult years, including when she was married. I have always felt compassion for Susan Smith. I have her mother's book about her. If her mother can have compassion for her after she admittedly drowned her 2 little boys, then I can too. But her mother is nothing like CA. It seems that CA plays a big part in KC's problems. I think that GA knows that. I am not even sure that CA will stay with GA now. LA seems to have disappeared. Why? Is he guilty or is he ashamed?

There are so many questions in this case. I hope we get more answers now that the game is over, for the most part. Caylee deserves to be found.

Oh, and welcome to WS!

It is sad, a very sad situation, Casey made her bed, and people do have choices, she made bad choices out of pure selfishness, hate , spite, etc , I feel no compassion for her whatsoever, I do respect your Opinion David , and no you don't suck.

Poppy

david.

I don't think your feelings are weird at all. I joined WS for the same reasons and have been completely obsessed with following this case. I had a similar sort of empathetic epiphany a couple of weeks ago-- I think she's guilty and I think she deserves to be punished-- but all the sudden I felt REALLY badly for her-- and suddenly I felt like I knew her and like we're similar in a lot of ways. I somewhat seriously contemplated trying to write her a letter or something. (It was very late at night).
But yeah-- so I understand what you're saying. I went to law school intending to practice criminal law and by the time I graduated, I realized I'm not cut out for it. When you look deeply into most cases, sympathy can rush in both directions. The victim is always the true victim, but most criminals were victims once...there's an undeniable pattern of infinite regression. Nothing is totally clear cut and the one thing that seems clear is that it really is "a waste. a huge waste."
So now, weeks later, I've returned to my belief that Casey is a different kind of animal and the saddness and loss and fear she feels is so pathologically egocentric it's dangerous to try to relate to her experience. I think her mom was tough to grow up with and that life didn't turn out the way she wanted. I don't think she was given boundaries and, as a result, she grew into a woman rather ill-equipped to operate in society. And that sucks. But evidence indicates she was able to tote her baby's decaying body around in her trunk while blithely texting her friends about the way it smelled. And evidence indicates she was able to pick up her baby's decaying body and move it. She was able to discard that baby's decaying body somewhere where it has probably been ravaged by wild animals. And after all that, she was still able to live in her parents' house, feeding them false hope and eating Cindy's rigatoni.
Intellectually, I don't think Casey deserves true compassion, but I'll always feel a pang of sympathy-- if only for the person she could have been.

Thank You David, for sharing your compassion here and yes, I have been an advocate for compassion as it is one of our gifts which seperates us from animals.

I would ask you to give your compassion to the law enforcement men and women who deal everyday with criminals that commit unspeakable crimes in our society.
They need our support, our compassion and our prayers to fight against those who would harm and kill us.

Our jails are overflowing with people who have no soul. They kill their children, they kill other people's children, they rape and murder and they would kill you in a second if you got in their way.

Bad people don't always look bad.

Give your compassion to the victims.

IMO. peace

/respectfully snipped.

This doesn't even come into the equation for me. She's certainly not undeserving of compassion on any of the bolded points. There are many good people who do not continue school and who have children out of wedlock and raise them as a single parent.

The way I feel is we all ave choices to make in life. Casey chose to make the wrong choices. Nobody made her do the things she did. She could have let her parents raise Caylee and went on her merry way, but that is not the choice she made.

The thing that really gets to me is she showed no emotion for her daughter, none, and those tears yesterday were for her loss of freedom and the life she knew, not for her baby girl.

Will you still have compassion once it comes out in court exactly what she did, and how/why she did it? If at that point you still have compassion; well then I guess your stomach can't be turned. I can't believe someone can actually feel bad for this cold blooded, calculating, manipulative, manical little monster. I liken it (JMO) to having compassion for Saddam Hussein's two sons when their dead bodies were shown on tv to reassure the Iraqi people they had in fact died.

Just remember, she didn't cry until she was caught. Not one witness gave statement that she acted any differently during the time she was doing her Inspector Gadget routine.

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for her. I'm sorry, but I just can't. She has put her entire family through hell these last few months and her only concern has been for herself.
She could bring some closure to this right now by telling LE where Caylee's body is, but she won't. This entire thing has been about her and only her. She intentionally caused harm to Caylee and then lied repeatedly to save her own skin.

The game is over and she needs to pay for what she has done. JMO

I understand where you're coming from. You're coming from the mind and heart and soul and conscience and feelings of a normal, average person.

We humans tend to think that other people think and feel the way we do. It's instinct or something. But when we're looking at people like sociopaths (Casey for example) or people with personality disorders (Cindy for example), it's really important to step back and look at them objectively and remember that they *don't* think or feel the way we do.

An example would be that sociopaths don't feel anything except anger. God is that ever hard to get my mind around. I'm a really emotional person lol.

The other thing I think about when somebody is an adult who was probably abused is the people I know who were abused, but who have never, and would never, hurt anybody. And I think about the difference between a *reason* for doing something, and an *excuse* for doing something.

Another thing I think about is mental illness. Not that Casey or Cindy are mentally ill, but statistics show that mentally ill people commit fewer violent crimes, not more. I mean the percentage is really low.

Also, I know people who are mentally ill, some long term, some have gone through times of it, and they never hurt anybody. Never came anywhere close to it.

All this has taken me years. Yes, I had a reason I had to figure all this out and deal with it. And I'm doing much better now after years of therapy, and years of research.

And I'm babbling. Need coffee. :)

I just hope I've said something that will help somebody deal with the pain we feel when these things happen. It's hard for a lot people, even when we don't know the victim, and especially when the victim is a baby or a child.

The thing about victims, even if they're adults, is that it hurts us more and horrifies us more, the more defenseless they are. Babies and children are always defenseless. Plus they have or had their whole life ahead of them.

Just one more thing. Sometimes you just can't understand, and it just hurts, and you just need to cry about it.

Okay now I'm really going to shut up. :)

Hope something I said helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members