1260 users online (210 members and 1050 guests)  

Websleuths News

Unhappy Bizzare football accident kills 5th grader

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...cess.death.kgw

PORTLAND -- Friends and supporters brought flowers to a makeshift memorial at Palisades Elementary School in Lake Oswego Tuesday evening, after a tragic accident took the life of an 11-year-old boy.

The boy was playing a game of flag football during lunch recess when hit in the throat with the ball, according to Lake Oswego police.

More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...cess.death.kgw

PORTLAND -- Friends and supporters brought flowers to a makeshift memorial at Palisades Elementary School in Lake Oswego Tuesday evening, after a tragic accident took the life of an 11-year-old boy.

The boy was playing a game of flag football during lunch recess when hit in the throat with the ball, according to Lake Oswego police.

More at link.
    May he RIP and may the Lord be with the family and the other players, especially the one who threw the ball.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Last fall a local teenager went down on a rough pass and received a closed-head injury. He spent months in the hospital and is still in rehab.

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    Prayers for this family and the other kids playing football. So sad.
    Please excuse me if I have replied to a post and can no longer find that thread. WS is wonderful all around and I don't want anyone to think I am being rude.. I forget what thread I post on at times.

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    This is just heartbreaking and scary as my 7 and 12 year old sons are sports fanatics. Every free moment they have4 is spent tossing or kicking a ball around.They both play soccer every fall and it is not supposed to be a contact sport but those kids are tough . My youngest started at 4 and my oldest at 6 . This is the only sport here where boys and girls are on the same team 4 years old to 15 years old .They have been on football and basketball teams and currently play baseball. Sometimes it is nerve wracking as a mom to watch games and even practices. I pray every time before they go on that field. My prayers are with this boys family!

How very sad! Thanks for the link.