Bizzare football accident kills 5th grader

MrsG728

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/10/15/recess.death.kgw

PORTLAND -- Friends and supporters brought flowers to a makeshift memorial at Palisades Elementary School in Lake Oswego Tuesday evening, after a tragic accident took the life of an 11-year-old boy.

The boy was playing a game of flag football during lunch recess when hit in the throat with the ball, according to Lake Oswego police.

More at link.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/10/15/recess.death.kgw

PORTLAND -- Friends and supporters brought flowers to a makeshift memorial at Palisades Elementary School in Lake Oswego Tuesday evening, after a tragic accident took the life of an 11-year-old boy.

The boy was playing a game of flag football during lunch recess when hit in the throat with the ball, according to Lake Oswego police.

More at link.

May he RIP and may the Lord be with the family and the other players, especially the one who threw the ball.

Last fall a local teenager went down on a rough pass and received a closed-head injury. He spent months in the hospital and is still in rehab.

Prayers for this family and the other kids playing football. So sad.

This is just heartbreaking and scary as my 7 and 12 year old sons are sports fanatics. Every free moment they have4 is spent tossing or kicking a ball around.They both play soccer every fall and it is not supposed to be a contact sport but those kids are tough . My youngest started at 4 and my oldest at 6 . This is the only sport here where boys and girls are on the same team 4 years old to 15 years old .They have been on football and basketball teams and currently play baseball. Sometimes it is nerve wracking as a mom to watch games and even practices. I pray every time before they go on that field. My prayers are with this boys family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back