Votes: 5 1.7%
  • No, But Believe in Jury Outcome

Votes: 43 15.0%
  • No, Enough Evidence Exists to Prove Guilt Right Now

Votes: 188 65.7%

• Total voters

Aleve N Fla

Reaction score
While I hate to be the one to say it - we all have to realize that our judicial system is set up as KC is innocent until the prosecutors prove without a reasonable doubt that she is guilty of killing Caylee. Yes, I know emotions are running high - especially after the judgement that came down from the Grand Jury - but folks she is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Do I personally believe she can have a fair trial here in Orlando - nope, absolutely not. They will have to probably move the case to one of our smaller, rural counties to get an impartial jury. Do I personally think that she is guilty of someway causing harm to her daughter and causing her death - yes - but in a court of law she is innocent. Even though in the eyes of the public she is guilty - we all have to understand what makes our country great. Having a fair and even judicial system.

Any thoughts? Do you think she can get a fair trial?

Presumed innocent. In a court of law.

Yes, she can get a fair trial even with the media blitz.

I would hope so Chico..... it does worry me reading the court of public opinions about Casey. As long as the trial isnt in Orange, Seminole, Osceola or any of our surrounding counties I think she could get a fair trial - at least all of us should hope she could.

Good question, really. If she has a lawyer who is good at voir dire, one who can catch out those who carry a bias against, and if a jury pool could hold at least a couple of young single mothers so that there is some reasonable "peer balance", then I think she could get a fair trial. Possibly not in Orlando, that might be harder to manage, but even in Orlando, high feelings will settle down -- it's likely going to be months before trial.

Just as a related aside, from a personal standpoint it rather appalls me to see the absolute glee with which some condemn her. Just don't think it's the kind of case where those feelings apply, and such emotionalism IMO precludes the ability to rationally evaluate evidence ... which is why one would hope she has a lawyer who is good at voir dire.

Is it possible that CA in a sick sort of way wants KC convicted?

She has done everything to APPEAR to be helping KC, when what she was doing was turning everyone against her. By her upholding that lie story, she made the story less credible than it might have been. If she had told KC to tell the truth in the beginning, KC might could have pled this down to a few years.

Maybe CA subconsciously wants KC in jail for life or a death sentence.

Yes, she can get a fair trial. I have mentioned this case to several friends and acquaintences (many as a matter of fact) and none of them know much of anything about the case and don't have any opinions. She can definitely get a fair trial (probably not in orlando) altho one of my myspace friends is in orlando and never heard of this case! so she might even get a fair trial in orlando. There are many people that don't want the news or keep aprised of it.

I wish we had a court system like over in Germany. You are guilty until proven innocent! They don't need search warrants, if they have reason to believe your hiding anything, they can just come on in. Just think how much could have been saved on this case?

While I hate to be the one to say it - we all have to realize that our judicial system is set up as KC is innocent until the prosecutors prove without a reasonable doubt that she is guilty of killing Caylee. Yes, I know emotions are running high - especially after the judgement that came down from the Grand Jury - but folks she is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Do I personally believe she can have a fair trial here in Orlando - nope, absolutely not. They will have to probably move the case to one of our smaller, rural counties to get an impartial jury. Do I personally think that she is guilty of someway causing harm to her daughter and causing her death - yes - but in a court of law she is innocent. Even though in the eyes of the public she is guilty - we all have to understand what makes our country great. Having a fair and even judicial system.

I really hope she can get a fair trial, but the amount of media coverage in this case has been phenomenal. I don't think she will be able to get a fair trial in Orlando and I'm not sure if moving to a rural community will help.

Hopefully I am wrong about this.

I wish we had a court system like over in Germany. You are guilty until proven innocent! They don't need search warrants, if they have reason to believe your hiding anything, they can just come on in. Just think how much could have been saved on this case?

I will gladly give my tax dollars and the possibility of someone who is guilty going free so that we maintain our justice system's core concept of "presumed innocence". I'm glad we're not in Germany. Even OJ ended up getting his 'just rewards'...eventually

I believe she will get a fair trial, after all they will be deciding her fate on whats brought out at the trial, not what was said on TV JMO

Poppy

The Justice system is definitely stacked for the accused here in the UK and i think it's the same for the USA ( i think you guys got your criminal law thing from here anyhow).

I think it's a fair system for the most part , and knowing that the prosecution have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt she killed that child or her actions lead to her death , then that will do for me!

No! I do not believe she will have a fair trail. I agree with the statement Baez made, she has been tried and found guilty in the eyes of the public/media.

Grüß Gott,

And comparing the areas of Germany I've been in with Orlando, well, I've never felt as safe here as I have felt in Germany or in Austria. I love our country and our rule of law, but I'm just saying...

T

The Scott Peterson trial took place in San Mateo County, California because the judge felt it was far enough away to overcome some of the effects of the local media coverage on the jury pool, but still not too far for witnesses and others to travel. Redwood City, where the trial was held, is about 90 miles from SP home in Modesto (Stanislaus County). The judge was given a list of I think 4 counties to choose from.

Stanislaus County had to pay San Mateo County around a million dollars for the expenses the trial incurred in their venue. Some of the smaller counties can't take the hit on their budget -- and it takes a while to get the money reimbursed and it creates a lot of turmoil for both court systems (arguing about who is responsible for what).

I guess SP would say he still didn't get a fair trial.

Yes, she can get a fair trial. I have mentioned this case to several friends and acquaintences (many as a matter of fact) and none of them know much of anything about the case and don't have any opinions. She can definitely get a fair trial (probably not in orlando) altho one of my myspace friends is in orlando and never heard of this case! so she might even get a fair trial in orlando. There are many people that don't want the news or keep aprised of it.

I agree with you Kathryn. I have a couple of friends that live in Kissimee and they know very little about this case which simply amazed me! Of course they have heard about it but they didnt know many of the details. Apparently in their circle of friends its not a big topic of conversation. So yes I think it is possible to find an impartial jury if JB gets some help with jury selection.

Yes, It would be easy to wish like this especially as the discovery surrounding this case seem to point to an obvious conclusion.

But...I don't think any of us would be happy with the German system if we were the ones under investigation, be it because we did do something wrong, or we were caught up in something and were completely innocent.

I am glad that in this country the authorities cant "just come on in" cause they feel like it, ....even though I don't have anything to hide (except, perhaps, that pile of laundry I haven't yet gotten to.)

Yes, we spend extra dollars this way, but it is our system and it has worked for, for the most part, for many many years. It is one of our most important rights, to a fair trial juried by our peers. Let's not pass it off lightly!!!

I, for one, do not want another system of justice.

JMO

No! I do not believe she will have a fair trail. I agree with the statement Baez made, she has been tried and found guilty in the eyes of the public/media.

So was OJ... different circumstances, but same premise.

I will gladly give my tax dollars and the possibility of someone who is guilty going free so that we maintain our justice system's core concept of "presumed innocence". I'm glad we're not in Germany. Even OJ ended up getting his 'just rewards'...eventually

I wholeheartedly agree!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You can't possibly mean that! Suppose they thought they had reason to believe YOU were guilty of something? The American system of justice makes me feel safe and protected from the abuses seen elsewhere. Well... except for the Patriot Act thing.

Presumed innocent. In a court of law.

Yes, she can get a fair trial even with the media blitz.
Thank you chico and exactly what I was going to say when opening the thread and reading the opening post. Let us think about Scott Peterson and OJ Simpson just to name a few. She will get a fair trial where she will be presumed innocent until all the evidence is argued and she is found guilty (the guilty part being imhoo)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back