Make all but mod posts in black/standard font?

meowy

Reaction score
Hi, I have hesitated to ask this so many different times in the past month or two. I don't want it to seem as if I'm calling anyone out. I am worried I'm posting in the wrong area, I don't think I've ever actually started a thread here at WS before hehe

Maybe it is just me with the following problem? I am not asking this for the *whole* forum to change, I just would like to know how to set it on my login. I'd like to still be able to see the moderators posts in the colors and font sizes they choose, but I would like to know how to set it so that everyone else's posts are always black and always standard font size.

I find it incredibly distracting to try reading high traffic crime threads, trying to catch up on a important posts only to have to continually adjust my eyes focus to various font sizes and colors. I have to stop and read each one because I assume it's from a moderator posting something vital, only to find out .. it's not.

Is there a way, please?

Hi, I have hesitated to ask this so many different times in the past month or two. I don't want it to seem as if I'm calling anyone out. I am worried I'm posting in the wrong area, I don't think I've ever actually started a thread here at WS before hehe

Maybe it is just me with the following problem? I am not asking this for the *whole* forum to change, I just would like to know how to set it on my login. I'd like to still be able to see the moderators posts in the colors and font sizes they choose, but I would like to know how to set it so that everyone else's posts are always black and always standard font size.

I find it incredibly distracting to try reading high traffic crime threads, trying to catch up on a important posts only to have to continually adjust my eyes focus to various font sizes and colors. I have to stop and read each one because I assume it's from a moderator posting something vital, only to find out .. it's not.

Is there a way, please?
I, for one, certainly hope it never comes to where all posts are only in one size/color font...I personally enjoy (obiously) seeing the different types in people's posts. It almost is a small glimpse into someone's personality. I kinda like it that way. But please don't take that as my being insensitive to your concern, meowy, I don't mean that at all...just voicing my opinion on it and possibly offering an explanation on why some of us type differently...it's about the only way we can stand apart from the other 4K or so posters on here...but I do hope that can come up with a way for you to adjust your own personal settings as far as what you see so that you can more easily read all the cool posts! I'm relatively new here but I am sooooo glad I found it and joined!

You can do this with the page option, color, font, and accessibility settings on your internet browser.

That is, you can set your browser so that no matter how the web page is set to appear, you make it appear the way *you* want it to appear. This is in regards to text font, color, and size.

You can use the settings you choose all the time, or you can switch them as a set whenever you want, or you can choose any individual setting any time you want, or you can use them only on WS, or you can use them on every forum you visit.

It's all about having *your* internet look *your* way - for every one of us.

That means your teenager can have her crazy pink neon too, and you never ever have to try to read it :)

The best way to figure out how to do it for your particular browser, and to learn about *all* the options available to you, is search Help for your browser. You can search for accessibility, text size, font style, customize. Any of those terms should get you going.

If you need any more help, feel free to PM me at any time.

ETA: Hi, . I have a sight impairment which is why I use the browser options.

Because people have different browsers, though I didn't know how to address it other than pointing people to the Help for their own browser. Do you have some guidance on that? I'm happy to help out Windows Vista users.

I, for one, certainly hope it never comes to where all posts are only in one size/color font...I personally enjoy (obiously) seeing the different types in people's posts. It almost is a small glimpse into someone's personality. I kinda like it that way. But please don't take that as my being insensitive to your concern, meowy, I don't mean that at all...just voicing my opinion on it and possibly offering an explanation on why some of us type differently...it's about the only way we can stand apart from the other 4K or so posters on here...but I do hope that can come up with a way for you to adjust your own personal settings as far as what you see so that you can more easily read all the cool posts! I'm relatively new here but I am sooooo glad I found it and joined!

Hi para, I feel as You about changing my posts texts in the size, font colors, etc... especially on the prayer thread and social group prayer and inspirational club we have here.

When I'm quoting scriptures, or have a certain mood or message I'm wanting to relay, I do this in order that hopefully my words are more soothing, comforting, things of that nature as I'm trying to drive home the message I'm trying to reveal and relay.

For example, if we have a person at night having trouble going to sleep, or their family members, and they have night terrors, anxieties, trouble resting peacefully, going to sleep, I set the tone and mood in hopes of changing the envirnoment they dwell in to a more peaceful calmness.

Maybe lowering the background drop, adding a flickering candle to give it the visual effects for we know now and it's been proven visuals play a big role in our learning and response needs.

When I post in the "Happy Birthday" threads, I get big, bold and flashy in order to try to convey excitement!!!

But I have had our members contact me privately about the changes and it makes it hard for them. So I go back and change when it's been brought to my attention the need. But, I can say this, when I offer to them why I did, especially about the moodness and trying to bring a peace within my message, then they change their minds and want me to keep it the way I'm trying to represent the words and message. Go figure!!!

So now when like I know those that have trouble seeing, and my posts are knowingly directed to some in that area, I do try to accomodate their needs to the best of my ability.
Sort of like the scripture that says, "A soft answer turneth away wrath". I like to use humble pastel colors when I use these wise words.

Anyone, I've somehow gone and clicked a feature I can't seem to get off while trying to make posts. In my personal profile area page I tried to post a message from me to my visitors, I had a star graphic, it loads in middle of text box. When I click submit, a notice jumps up, BB Code Center is not Allowed. How can I turn this off? I can't make posts now in my profile without it popping up. TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back