1235 users online (207 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NV - Cole Puffinburger, 6, Las Vegas, 15 Oct 2008 - #1

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/17722327/detail.html

Two men pretending to be police officers kidnapped a 6-year-old Wednesday morning, in what appears to be a random crime, according to Jay Rivera of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. (more at link)

I know I'm an overly suspicious person. But I have to wonder if there really was a home invasion and kidnapping. More links to the story below.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9182097

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=9181841

http://www.kvbc.com/global/story.asp?s=9181800

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=60214

(snip)
    Cops tell AMW that two Hispanic males, posing as police officers and carrying handguns, entered a private residence near Hollywood and Lake Mead Boulevards at about 7:00 a.m. on Oct. 15, 2008 and demanded money from the boy's grandfather. However, investigators say the grandfather has not lived at that house since May 2007.

Exclamation NV-AMBER ALERT, 6 year old Cole Puffinberger

Six-year-old Cole Puffinburger is the victim of a home invasion kidnapping in the area of Hollywood and Lake Mead Boulevard.

Detectives are trying to figure out if this kidnapping was a random act or if they actually knew the family. Police are still conducting interviews and canvassing the neighborhood where Cole was last seen.

Cole was taken from his home just after 7 am Wednesday morning. News 3 was told that two Latin men knocked on the door of the home on Cherry Grove pretending to be police.

When the door was answered, the suspects burst in, tied up those inside, and ransacked the home looking for cash.

When the suspects didn't find any money, they took Cole instead.

Police are pleading with the kidnappers to either call or to just take the child to a local hospital, convenience store, or police station and drop him off.

More at link: http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu107_1_1
    NCMEC Poster: http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    I am praying for this sweet baby. This makes my heart hurt.
    Please excuse me if I have replied to a post and can no longer find that thread. WS is wonderful all around and I don't want anyone to think I am being rude.. I forget what thread I post on at times.

The AMW report makes me slightly less suspicious... but there's still something off about this Amber Alert. Just rings false, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHuff View Post
    The AMW report makes me slightly less suspicious... but there's still something off about this Amber Alert. Just rings false, somehow.
    I think the time of day gets me. Too many people coming and going to work at that hour, taking kids to school, etc. And how many kids are kidnapped from a home invasion? IDK. I hope my gut feelings are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I think the time of day gets me. Too many people coming and going to work at that hour, taking kids to school, etc. And how many kids are kidnapped from a home invasion? IDK. I hope my gut feelings are wrong.
    "How many kids are kidnapped from a home invasion?" EXACTLY. That's exceedingly rare. Only cases that come to mind are when a pedophile is also a murderous psychopath, and those types are very, very unusual. Joseph Edward Duncan is the only one that comes to mind -- and he didn't just invade the Groene residence, he killed all the potential witnesses.

No. This one just isn't tracking for me.

6 year old Nevada boy kidnapped from home

http://www.amw.com/

Cole Puffinberger was kidnapped this morning in a home invasion robbery by two hispanics. When they could not find money, they tied up the family and took Cole. They posed as police officers.

Even though I am a liberal, I am definitely not on immigration policy. These kidnappings have crossed the border and need to stop. I hope Cole is found soon. The problem is they don't have a vehicle description.

Got this comment tonight at True Crime Report on the entry I posted about Cole. I'm just gonna bold the part that the person may not have intended to leave and now wishes they hadn't written:

whocares said: come on people.
    just because they haven't found the kid u assume that the family made the damn story up to get rid of there kid for no reason.
    Conspiracy bull **** is what is tearing this kid away from his family
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 12:48:24 AM
    Does anyone else find that bottom sentence in bold as potentially telling as I do? The person was posting from Las Vegas.

Got this comment tonight at True Crime Report on the entry I posted about Cole. I'm just gonna bold the part that the person may not have intended to leave and now wishes they hadn't written:

Does anyone else find that bottom sentence in bold as potentially telling as I do? The person was posting from Las Vegas.
    Wow!!!

ETA: I feel like I'm stepping into an episode of x-files. Not trying to be funny, just puzzled.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 10-16-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo

"How many kids are kidnapped from a home invasion?" EXACTLY. That's exceedingly rare. Only cases that come to mind are when a pedophile is also a murderous psychopath, and those types are very, very unusual. Joseph Edward Duncan is the only one that comes to mind -- and he didn't just invade the Groene residence, he killed all the potential witnesses.

No. This one just isn't tracking for me.
    I am having trouble with this scenario also. There is something inherently wrong with this story.

WHY would anyone just let them leave with a child?

Better yet if they had no money WHY would they take the child? They aren't going to get money later. Nope, people who want money DON'T want children to contend with.

I am a mother, and they would have to have killed me before they could get out of that house with one of my children.

Next, she said she saw their faces? Bull - no kidnapper is going to leave 2 witnesses like that. Do they think LE is stupid?

I have a feeling she is covering for the boyfriend for some reason.

Update: I hope this is true and Cole is found safe soon.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9182097

(snips)
    Police say this was not a random act, that this house was targeted.

Police say Cole's parents had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by kylie View Post
    http://www.amw.com/

Cole Puffinberger was kidnapped this morning in a home invasion robbery by two hispanics. When they could not find money, they tied up the family and took Cole. They posed as police officers.

Even though I am a liberal, I am definitely not on immigration policy. These kidnappings have crossed the border and need to stop. I hope Cole is found soon. The problem is they don't have a vehicle description.

What a terrible story! The kidnappers demanded money from his grandfather, who hadn't lived in that house since 2007.

I read the article, but I'm not sure what this has to do with immigration. The kidnappers were identified as Hispanic, but I am not sure that in Las Vegas that automatically made them immigrants, unless I missed that.

I pray they bring Cole home safely!

Quote Originally Posted by tippytoes View Post
    What a terrible story! The kidnappers demanded money from his grandfather, who hadn't lived in that house since 2007.

I read the article, but I'm not sure what this has to do with immigration. The kidnappers were identified as Hispanic, but I am not sure that in Las Vegas that automatically made them immigrants, unless I missed that.

I pray they bring Cole home safely!
    I completely agree with you tippytoes. I think people are just making assumptions based on the description. While this is a horrible crime regardless of the perpetrators ethnicity, it should be noted that there are many "Hispanics" in this country who have resided in this country longer than many Anglos. In addition, even if a person is from Mexico it does not automatically make them illegal. JMHO.
    However, no matter who the people are who kidnapped this little boy, I pray that he is returned and justice is served.

PS. This is mostly in response to the comments left at some of the other sites more than here. It is a sensitive issue and I am not trying to offend but I was a little taken aback by what I read.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast