Anthony's PI sends statement to Fox 35 - 10/15

Muzikman

ROCKIN!
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com
Just posted about this in the Todd Black thread, but I thought it might deserve it's own thread - I have never seen one of their "PI's" named, although I could have easily missed it.

Can any of our PI's on here confirm that this is a real, licensed PI?

Here's his statement (from Fox 35 midnite newscast, not up on their website yet)

"Our investigation leads us to believe that she is still alive. We'll maintain our beliefs until it's proven otherwise."
Dominic Casey
Private Investigator
D&A Investigations

The next question for all of you PI's - also posted in the Todd Black thread, but more relevant here:

George statements, on the Fox 35 midnite newscast (late due to the ballgame) Looks like it is from earlier today before the Black statement hit the airwaves:

"Every indication I have is that she's still alive"

"My PI believes, and from information I'm receiving from him, that we're 2 steps away from bringing Caylee home"

I am now wondering, if they are paying PI's, could those PI's be stringing them along, taking advantage of their emotional state, to get their money?

Comments from PI's? Are there any bindable ethics involved in getting a PI license? Could that sort of thing happen at all, anywhere? I'm curious now.

Not to slag any PI's, I'm sure most are honorable, especially ours. :)

Thanks so much, MM. Unfortunately, I'm guessing their "belief" is due to tips that can't be discounted by them, not any sort of credible, verifiable sightings. I highly doubt they have anything specific; otherwise, she would've been found and returned. IMO, it's just more of the blitz by the family and defense to try to influence public opinion.

As for George, he was >< this close to bringing her home when he was watching the kidnappers himself a couple of months ago, too. I don't put any stock in his theories, especially since there's evidence Caylee is dead. I believe the PIs are presenting any info the family directs them to present, and nothing to the contrary they may have found.

I wish this were true. However, if Caylee is someplace, why hasn't Casey told LE?

The next question for all of you PI's - also posted in the Todd Black thread, but more relevant here:

George statements, on the Fox 35 midnite newscast (late due to the ballgame) Looks like it is from earlier today before the Black statement hit the airwaves:

"Every indication I have is that she's still alive"

"My PI believes, and from information I'm receiving from him, that we're 2 steps away from bringing Caylee home"

I am now wondering, if they are paying PI's, could those PI's be stringing them along, taking advantage of their emotional state, to get their money?

Comments from PI's? Are there any bindable ethics involved in getting a PI license? Could that sort of thing happen at all, anywhere? I'm curious now.

Not to slag any PI's, I'm sure most are honorable, especially ours. :)

Yes, one case comes to mind, but the missing woman's name escapes me at the moment. Her parents paid for two PI's to party their way through South America. They kept stringing the parents along until their last penny was spent. Their savings, their home, all gone.

I say the PI in this case needs to be scrutinized closely.

Bringing Georgia PI's answers from the Todd Black thread over here if he doesn't mind -

WOW ...........................

>>Quote:
Quote:
I am now wondering, if they are paying PI's, could those PI's be stringing them along, taking advantage of their emotional state, to get their money?<<

Georgia PI:
Some attorney's have there own investigators and some do hire Private Investigators which do get paid for their time, travel, etc.

A few of us donate our time to a good cause and do not bill for it.

>>Quote:
Comments from PI's? Are there any bindable ethics involved in getting a PI license? Does this sort of thing happen at all, anywhere? I'm curious now.<<

Georgia PI:
Yes there are ethics and in most states you have to attend continuing education which includes ethics. But here lies the problem - you either have ethics or you don't and there are quite a few Private Investigators out there that will do anything for a buck which gives the good ones a bad reputation too.

People will always "think" they see Caylee until her body is found. This is what happens in every case. This is why it needs to be focused on more to find Caylees body so these grandparents can have closure!

http://www.pimall.com/nais/d-fla-b.html

D & A INVESTIGATIONS, INC: 2735 W. State Rd 434, Longwood, FL 32779. www.dgator.com Phone: 407-865-7152. Email: dominic@dgator.com Agency License Number: A 2800031. Specializations: We provide services to corporations, attorneys, individuals and insurance companies and are committed to providing the most discreet, and professional services available, including but not limited to: Background Investigations, Construction Audits, Litigation Support, Surveillance, GPS Tracking, Witness Interviews. (5-12-08-1u)

Just posted about this in the Todd Black thread, but I thought it might deserve it's own thread - I have never seen one of their "PI's" named, although I could have easily missed it.

Here's his statement (from Fox 35 midnite newscast, not up on their website yet)

"Our investigation leads us to believe that she is still alive. We'll maintain our beliefs until it's proven otherwise."
Dominic Casey
Private Investigator
D&A Investigations

http://dgator.com/default.aspx
Dominic Casey, Private Investigator
D&A Investigations, Inc.
E dominic@dgator.com
P 407.865.715X

Another Georgia PI answer, and I've invited him over here:

Public Access System
D. & A. INVESTIGATIONS, INC.

License Number Expires Status
A 2800031 03/15/2011 LICENSE ISSUED

Physical Address
2735 W STATE ROAD 434
LONGWOOD FL 32779
(407) 865-7152

Mailing Address
2735 W STATE ROAD 434
LONGWOOD FL 32779

Companion License
None

Well obviously D&A is full of it. Unless they are looking for a body that is.

Yes, one case comes to mind, but the missing woman's name escapes me at the moment. Her parents paid for two PI's to party their way through South America. They kept stringing the parents along until their last penny was spent. Their savings, their home, all gone.

Suzi, that's just heartbreaking! :( I certainly hope they were eventually held accountable. Scumbags.

I worked for a PI for a short time many years ago. He was a very stand-up guy, but I did learn of a couple of others who would do just about anything for a buck, and I do mean just about anything. I imagine it's better regulated now than it was in the mid 80s, but there are always some bad apples in every profession.

Dominic Casey
Private Investigator
D&A Investigations

This Dominic Casey did visit Casey on August 8th (see link)
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/8/14/parents_to_visit_casey_anthony.html

There is also another PI working on case too. His name is on link.

The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Licensing, licenses and regulates the private investigative industry in accordance with Chapter 493, Florida Statutes. Private investigators and private investigative agencies serve in positions of trust. Untrained and unlicensed persons or businesses, or persons not of good moral character, are a threat to the public safety and welfare.

More can be read at the folowing link.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/investigations/about.html

This Dominic Casey did visit Casey on August 8th (see link)
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/8/14/parents_to_visit_casey_anthony.html

There is also another PI working on case too. His name is on link.

Thank you Dolly! I really LOVE your nic BTW!

CFNEWS13 (snipped):
Jail records show on July 25, Casey got a visit from Edward Phlegar, who is an investigator for her attorney Jose Baez's law firm.

Casey Dominic, another private investigator for Baez, visited Casey on Aug. 8.

if this is the same one i am thinking about... the woman disappeared while on a cruise with her family. the pi's even faked pictures of her (she had a tattoo on her shoulder) on a beach that were fuzzy. they took the owner of the firm to court and won and the guy also went to jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back