1106 users online (275 members and 831 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Ramona Allmond, 84, remains found in fire pit, Corning, 4 Dec 2007

geeeez

just following her wishes

Mom was such a party girl!

Seriously, the daughter is whacko. Wears a metal tiara to filter out radio waves.

ugh!

Seems weird from the replies and I wanted to read it but the link isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmecherri View Post
    Seems weird from the replies and I wanted to read it but the link isn't working
    Same here...link not working.
    Here's what happened...

wow really creepy... thats all I got to say about it...

I'm going say that there are stories that simply leave me speechless as to what some people are capable of.

This is absolutely one of those times. A piece of skull necklace????
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Family Cremated Mom On BBQ Grill

CORNING, Calif. - The family of a dead elderly woman cremated her remains on a makeshift barbecue and continued collecting her retirement checks amounting to more than $25,000, authorities in Northern California said. Ramona Allmond's daughter and grandson were arrested Sunday on suspicion of embezzlement, elder abuse and disposing of a body without a permit.

Allmond, 84, likely died of natural causes, though investigators were still trying to determine the exact cause of death, said Tehama County sheriff's Capt. Paul Hosler.

Allmond's daughter, Kathleen Allmond, 50, and Allmond's grandson, Tony Ray, 30, told investigators their relative died in December. They left her body on her bedroom floor for a week before cremating the remains in their backyard fire pit, Hosler said.

Investigators said the two kept collecting Allmond's monthly retirement checks, amounting to more than $25,000. Sheriff's Detective Richard Knox said they may have been trying to honor Allmond's desire to die at home and be cremated.
    ~Daneen~

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

From December 2008:

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/glenn...7585b86b5.html

Two relatives of a Corning woman whose body was burned in a barbecue pit were sentenced Monday to 16 months in prison.

Kathleen Theresa Allmond, 50, and her son Tony Ray, 30, both of Corning, pleaded guilty in November to one felony count of grand theft and one misdemeanor count of unlawful cremation. Authorities said the pair cashed more than $20,000 of retirement and Social Security checks after Ramona Yolanda Allmond, Kathleen Allmond’s 84-year-old mother, died of apparent natural causes.