MO MO - Dana Bruce, 23, Sedalia, 4 Oct 2008

SteveHuff

The Websleuther formerly known as misterallgood
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/the_disappearance_of_dana_bruc.php

The last time anyone saw Dana Bruce she was heading out to a bar on the night of Oct. 4 with an unknown male in a red pickup truck. The link above to my True Crime Report (published by Village Voice Media) takes you to a post detailing what we know so far about this disappearance. Police are talking to a POI in Atlanta. It isn't looking good, to say the least.

Steve

Thanks for posting Steve. I just saw this on your website and came here to see if it was posted. I was born and raised in Springfield, MO which is about 120 miles from Sedalia. I have been there a few times because it is home to the MO State Fair and the Scott Joplin Jazz Fest (it is Joplin's hometown). It is a really quaint town with steepled churches, lots of tree lined streets, a lot of old buildings from its railroad days.

The population is around 20,000 and it is about 20 miles from the Missouri River.

But...yeah, she is seen in a truck with some guy none of her friends know about and she has been gone 12 days - it does not sound very good. Given the proximity to the river that would be an ideal place to dump a body. Sedalia is also very close to the Katy Trail State Park. A lot of Whiteman AFB employees live in Sedalia because it is so close (20miles).

I wonder where she met this guy with the pickup and why her friends didn't know him and she didn't talk about him to them. Unusual. Hope he wasn't someone she met on MySpace or one of those places. Risky.

I gather that she never made it to the bar she was supposed to be going to.
I wonder why she didn't talk about this guy to at least her best friend. I wonder if she has a computer and if LE has gone through it. Did she have a cell phone?

It isn't looking good. She leaves with someone that no one knows so how does LE even get any leads?

I don't remember seeing a thread for this gal. I wonder what has happened to her. We need a little more info about her. Has she ever just taken off before? Is she normally responsible? What about an ex husband or boyfriend? I wonder who the guy is that she was seen with. When was she seen with him?
I can't imagine anyone just taking their kids to daycare and never coming back to get them but it has happened. Her family would probably have an idea if she would just leave the kids or not. I can say for sure that not one of my kids would ever have dumped their kids at daycare and not returned....new man in their life or not or for any other reason...as long as they had a choice. I hope nothing awful has happened to this young mom.

The Disappearance of Dana Bruce

Posted at 4:52 PM Oct 16, 2008

Dana Bruce was reported missing on October 5. A family member grew concerned after Dana left her children overnight with a babysitter on October 4. The 23-year-old resident of Sedalia, MO was supposed to go with a male friend to Malone's on Main. Dana left with a man driving a red truck. She hasn't been seen since.

For complete article, go to:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/the_disappearance_of_dana_bruc.php

This is a much more detailed article. There is a POI whom the police have questioned once and are in the process of questioning again. This man is a pipefitter and welder who is presently in Atlanta. He was arrested in Georgia for driving on a suspended license and possession of marijuana. He left Missouri on October 14, right after the police indicated an interest in questioning him again.

Scent dogs and officers are working around the place where he worked in Missouri.

Things are definitely not looking good at all for this, I suspect, unfortunate young mother.

I agree. it doesn't look good for her. who did she live with myspace says her occupation was a stay at home mom, but it also states single.

I agree. it doesn't look good for her. who did she live with myspace says her occupation was a stay at home mom, but it also states single.

I haven't seen anything that says she lives with anyone. She could be divorced or simply never have been married at all.

I suspect that this is a young mother with no stable relationship who is still trying to have fun and find Mr. Right. What she's done is not stumble upon Mr. Right but stumble across Mr. Very Wrong and that she is no longer with us and her children no longer have their mom.

I'm kind of obssessed with this one.
I was looking at her myspace pics and there are photos of her with a guy who is obviously her boyfriend. (Comment says me and my man or words to that effect.)
So, who is the guy she went to meet? Maybe she broke up with the guy in her myspace photos? So many questions because there doesn't seem to be much information about this case...

I know it...
it's so frustrating...
it's like...ok someone is missing...is this going to be the one who gets the media's attention or will she never be heard of???
*sigh*

I know it...
it's so frustrating...
it's like...ok someone is missing...is this going to be the one who gets the media's attention or will she never be heard of???
*sigh*

Thanks, soyesterday, for your response. I thought this would be getting more attention since she's a young, single mom. I'm really not sure what to think about this case.

I know it...it's so strange that it seems like NOONE is talking about it...
and just this morning, on fox news...i noticed that some missing girl's parents were on there...it was an online video so i didn't watch it...and when i went back it was gone...
but the point is...i have never even heard of her name....i think it was like an update on the investigation or something....
i was like who is she???
i think it might have been something like Christine "Paige" something....or something like that...not even sure of the last name...
but anyway...why do some people get plastered all over the news...and some people you've never even heard of?
Maybe we could keep Dana's thread bumped up so more people can see it?

Bumping for Dana...she has little kids that miss her....
where could she be??....
she needs to be found......

I'm kind of obssessed with this one.
I was looking at her myspace pics and there are photos of her with a guy who is obviously her boyfriend. (Comment says me and my man or words to that effect.)
So, who is the guy she went to meet? Maybe she broke up with the guy in her myspace photos? So many questions because there doesn't seem to be much information about this case...

The guy on her myspace is Nathan (Nate) I believe, the father of her children (not the POI mentioned). Tribute page asks people to pray for the kids and their dad, Nathan.

They have a tribute page for her on myspace and it has a pic of the missing person's report. It says she returned home prior to midnight and asked the sitter to watch the kids for the rest of the night, then left again.

Missing Person Report: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=420357341&albumID=0&imageID=684353
Main tribute page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=420357341

So Dana was supposed to go with a male friend to Malone's on Main that Sat night. She left with a man driving a red truck. She stopped home and asked babysitter to watch the kids overnight and left again.

POI is 34 yr old male, worked at Pro Energy in Sedalia as a pipefitter and welder. Here is the Pro Energy website: http://www.proenergyservices.com/missouri.html

I wonder if this guy showed up for work on Monday. I noticed Pro Energy posted an ad for a precision turbine millwright position in Sedalia on Mon afternoon, Oct 6. Don't know if that's the same as a pipefitter/welder. http://www.roadtechs.com/const/wwwboard/getpost.php?rec_nbr=89552

I guess there's no way to get a name on this POI unless it's released?

Steve Huff started a thread about Dana a couple weeks ago.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73319&highlight=Dana+Bruce

Post I left on the other thread:
I was born and raised in Springfield, MO which is about 120 miles from Sedalia. I have been there a few times because it is home to the MO State Fair and the Scott Joplin Jazz Fest (it is Joplin's hometown). It is a really quaint town with steepled churches, lots of tree lined streets, a lot of old buildings from its railroad days.

The population is around 20,000 and it is about 20 miles from the Missouri River.

But...yeah, she is seen in a truck with some guy none of her friends know about and she has been gone 12 days - it does not sound very good. Given the proximity to the river that would be an ideal place to dump a body. Sedalia is also very close to the Katy Trail State Park. A lot of Whiteman AFB employees live in Sedalia because it is so close (20miles).

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/search_12347___article.html/missing_family.html

Family, friends organizing search for missing woman

Family and friends are organizing a community wide search for a woman missing for more than three weeks.

The search for Dana Bruce, the 23-year-old mother of two small children reported missing Oct. 5, is set for 10 a.m. Saturday. People interested in helping with the search can meet at the End Zone Sports Bar & Grill parking lot.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>

I put this on the other thread, but in case anyone hasn't seen

http://www.sedaliademocrat.com/news/search_12347___article.html/missing_family.html

Family, friends organizing search for missing woman

Family and friends are organizing a community wide search for a woman missing for more than three weeks.

The search for Dana Bruce, the 23-year-old mother of two small children reported missing Oct. 5, is set for 10 a.m. Saturday. People interested in helping with the search can meet at the End Zone Sports Bar & Grill parking lot.

I hope the search goes well. Prayers to Dana and her children and her family.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back